What do you think of the Penn State scandal...? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 11-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Veggie Regular

As far as I am concerned, any action that did not result in Sandusky being carted away by law enforcement officials in March of 2002, is inadequate...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 11-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Jerry Sandusky's lawyer impregnated a 16 year old client of his when he was in his late 40s.

It amazes me that this didn't result in disbarment.
#33 Old 11-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Banned

deleted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 11-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Veggie Regular

A lot of people are questioning whether or not Mike McQueary 'did enough' to stop the child rape he witnessed...

WTF with 'enough'??? He did nothing!

If I witnessed your own son or daughter being raped, would calling my dad afterwards be enough? Would reporting the act to my superiors days after this happened be enough? Or would you expect that I would call the police right there on the spot? So that they could arrest and apprehend the individual in question?

What the f-ck is wrong with people? You see a rape, you call the police. Is this so hard?

Am I alone in this?
#35 Old 11-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

A lot of people are questioning whether or not Mike McQueary 'did enough' to stop the child rape he witnessed...

WTF with 'enough'??? He did nothing!

If I witnessed your own son or daughter being raped, would calling my dad afterwards be enough? Would reporting the act to my superiors days after this happened be enough... or would you expect that I would call the police right there on the spot? So they could arrest and apprehend the individual in question?

What the f-ck is wrong with people? You see a rape, you call the police.

Am I alone in this?

alone? no.

but if i saw a rape, i wouldn't just call the police. I would intervene and hospitalize the attacker.

The Big Bad.
#36 Old 11-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Here's what I don't get -- assume he stopped the molestation, then went to his superiors, and he thought that was the right way to handle it.

So he reports the problem.

Then a week goes by. Then another. And he doesn't hear anything. The police don't contact him. Nothing seems to happen.

Why didn't he follow up on this?
#37 Old 11-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Veggie Regular

There is a huge difference between 'interrupting a rape' and 'stopping a rape'.
#38 Old 11-18-2011, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

if i saw a rape, i wouldn't just call the police. I would intervene and hospitalize the attacker.

You bet, buddy. I know you, and I also know that Sandusky would probably be on life-support right now had you seen what McQueary witnessed...
#39 Old 11-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_nut View Post

Here's what I don't get -- assume he stopped the molestation, then went to his superiors, and he thought that was the right way to handle it.

Then a week goes by. Then another. And he doesn't hear anything. The police don't contact him. Nothing seems to happen.

that's why i would also do my own pre follow up to ensure some justice.

The Big Bad.
#40 Old 11-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

You bet, buddy. I know you, and I also know that Sandusky would probably be on life-support right now had you seen what McQueary witnessed...

or what happened to you.

it's all great to hope for justice and good to prevail, but i don't have much faith in that. Sometimes, you have to make your own.

The Big Bad.
#41 Old 11-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

He wanted nothing to do with it, obviously. And being 28, he probably looked to others to take the lead.

While getting gas one day, I heard a bit of yelling and I noticed a girl trying to walk away from the dude she was with and I got a really bad vibe.
I followed the couple and asked if everything was okay. I thought maybe he wouldn't do anything in front of me. I was definitely frightened, but I am not one of those people who can just walk away.
The guy I was with at the time, just watched me walk over...gave me some kind of warning to be careful, but he didn't try to help the girl. Unfortunately, I think that is more common.
You know how they say that if you are being raped, you're supposed to yell fire, not rape?
#42 Old 11-18-2011, 03:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Exactly when did we become such a nation of pussies that we see a ten year-old boy getting raped and call our daddy to tell us what to do???
#43 Old 11-18-2011, 03:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Exactly when did we become such a nation of pussies that we see a ten year-old boy getting raped and call our daddy to tell us what to do???

Exactly when did you become so great in your questions???

The Big Bad.
#44 Old 11-20-2011, 07:51 PM
mlp
Banned

Quote:

This.

A 28 year old who has the mental capacity to go to college and then grad school is not a child, to be excused with a "At least he called his daddy to ask what to do." Ye gads.
#45 Old 11-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Here's what I don't get -- assume he stopped the molestation...

He didn't stop the molestation. He fled the building and left the boy alone with Sandusky. We can only guess what happened afterwards...

Is the boy even still alive? Did he physically survive the rape?
#46 Old 11-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Banned

I found it disgusting that the students rioted because Paterno was fired. and that people continue to attend and watch Penn State football games....
#47 Old 11-21-2011, 10:02 AM
mlp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvourmother View Post

I found it disgusting that the students rioted because Paterno was fired.

Agreed. I read an article in which the sister of one of the victims was interviewed. She's a junior at Penn State, and she says that students are making jokes about "being Sanduskyed", and that it's very difficult being on campus. I think it's shameful.