Veggie Regular

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-15-2004, 10:52 PM

http://www.digitaltoast.co.uk/albums...h_bad_bush.jpg

:P
#3 Old 03-16-2004, 01:30 AM
Veggie Regular

That is too rich! That's being emailed to a bunch of friends tonight. Thanks!

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 03-16-2004, 02:51 AM
Veggie Regular

I love editing...
#5 Old 03-16-2004, 06:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Hehe, that was funny

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#6 Old 03-16-2004, 09:32 AM

That was funny. Isn't it also funny that there is no need for editing when it comes to John Kerry. His comments are consistently conflicting

http://slate.msn.com/id/2096540#ContinueArticle
#7 Old 03-16-2004, 10:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Thanks Drake!!!! I'm emailing the link out to everyone I know.
#8 Old 03-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Veggie Regular

I saw that on comedy central a few months ago. It's pretty funny. I like that you can view it on their website for free, that's nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAKE View Post

That was funny. Isn't it also funny that there is no need for editing when it comes to John Kerry. His comments are consistently conflicting.

There's absolutely no need to edit Bush either. I could make a graph of Bush's stances in just a few short hours that looks exactly like that one.

Without regards to Kerry or Bush, has it always been reguarding as a bad thing that politicians change their mind on topics? Certainly we don't want them to flip flop their opinions whenever it suits them, but if they change their stance on a topic once during their career that could be a mark of a weak politician but also a mark of a strong politician and that should be supported.
#9 Old 03-16-2004, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Without reguards to Kerry or Bush, has it always been reguarding as a bad thing that politicians change their mind on topics? Certainly we don't want them to flip flop their opinions whenever it suits them, but if they change their stance on a topic once during their career that could be a mark of a weak politician but also a mark of a strong politician and that should be supported.

Kudos to you, mikie (sincerely). I absolutely agree with you. Circumstances change. I bear no ill will toward Senator Kerry for his protest of the Viet Nam War. Those were tough and confusing times. I am sure if he had it to do all over again he would not have taken the route he took. I would publicly thank him for his military service to this country as I do every vet I meet (thanks buddadragon). We learn from mistakes, otherwise they are not worth making. Let's forget about who was for or against it, heck it's been thirty plus years. Bush's priority during his campaigning was education...that all changed when 9/11 happened. Circumstances alter actions. Everyone has the right to change his mind, as long as the reasoning is justifiable. My problem with Kerry is that he seems to change his mind based on either popular opinion or the company he is with or better yet, what will get him into the White House.

Just my opinion, I am probably wrong.
#10 Old 03-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I think the same can be said for any number of politicians in either party.
#11 Old 03-16-2004, 01:49 PM
Veggie Regular

I do believe all people, even politicians, should have the leeway from others to develop over time. Man, if I got boxed in based on what I said or did 15 years ago... Yeesh. What matters to me is what direction people move in.

Listening to the old Bush, I was thinking, "Hey, he's not so bad." The new Bush strikes me as somewhat evil. That's not progress. Kerry has evolved into more of a politician, for obvious reasons, and he's not my favorite of the (former) democratic contenders (by a large margin), but he's certainly evolved in a way that is far more acceptable to me than Bush.
#12 Old 03-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAKE View Post

Bush's priority during his campaigning was education...

Are you sure he even had something like a priority? I think he's more like a free-form poet whose creations shouldn't be interpreted literally.

---

(By the way, in the remotely possible case someone wonders about my previous post in this thread, it was a clever way of noting that the link doesn't work. I don't know why it doesn't.)

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#13 Old 03-16-2004, 04:57 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

(By the way, in the remotely possible case someone wonders about my previous post in this thread, it was a clever way of noting that the link doesn't work. I don't know why it doesn't.)

Hehe, I was a bit puzzled about that!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page