Unpopular Opinions: Version 2.0! - Page 4 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#91 Old 09-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Banned

Yeah I've recently met some veg*n non-animal lovers, too. I'm glad that they're vegan, of course, and you can talk about veg*n stuff with them, but I'm a huge animal lover so it sucks when I can't talk about animals or gush about them with them, and with omnivore "animal lovers" it's not the same thing, because they find some animals cute but I've noticed they seem to have a subconscious guilt because they won't gush over piggies or cows with me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 Old 09-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

I think the best movie made by Disney was Alice in Wonderland. A majority of their other animated films were teh suck.

I don't think I've ever seen Disney's version of Alice in Wonderland. But I disagree about the majority of their other animated films sucking. Disney has done a lot of garbage in the live action area, but their big screen cartoons tend to be good, with very few exceptions. The direct-to-video sequels, on the other hand...

--Fromper
#93 Old 09-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

You guys don't remember the whole premise was some of them recognized her from when she was little, but the red queen and others did not, so she made up a fake name to take down the queen from the inside.

Oh! I totally forgot that part until now! xD

DON'T BRING MY MOTHER INTO THIS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#94 Old 09-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

. The direct-to-video sequels, on the other hand...

--Fromper

Yes, those are crap.

I'm not a huge fan of every Disney animated film, but there are a good chunk of them that I like.

Off the top of my head I really enjoyed:

The Fox and the Hound
The Little Mermaid
The Lion King
Aladdin
Beauty and the Beast
Hercules (pretty much just cause of Hades/James Woods)
The Emperor's New Groove
The Rescuer's Down Under (I haven't seen it in years, but I remember really liking it.)
Lilo and Stitch

And "Tangled" if you wanna count that one. I thought "Tangled" was the first 3D movie Disney made independently of Pixar (although some of the guys from Pixar worked on it, it still wasn't a Pixar film) that was truly great. I think I could have done without that crazy song in the bar, but there was really very little about it that I didn't like.

My unpopular opinion: I didn't really care much for "Bolt" even though most people seemed to think it was great. It just didn't seem very original to me. The main character reminded me way too much of Buzz Lightyear. "Toy Story" and both it's sequels were infinitely better. (that last statement may not be unpopular)

"I am a woman of science. At least that's what my horoscope said."
#95 Old 09-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Banned

Bolt is exactly like 101 Dalmations II, which features a dog named "Thunderbolt" who is the main character of a tv show and believes the tv show is real. One day he gets out and is confused because he believed the fake world of the tv show was real. Basically, Disney just took the story of their direct-to-DVD sequel, knocked "Thunder" off of the main character's name, and re-sold the movie out. I did like Bolt, it had some good original characters like Rhino and Mittens, and the animation was amazing, I just don't like the unoriginal story.

Tangled, though, is awful. Seemed very un-Disney to me, and definitely shouldn't be considered a classic with such classics like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella, and all those. I felt the same about Princess and the Frog, though I'm starting to actually like that one, because at least it has better music than Tangled and tries in some areas to seem like a classic.
#96 Old 09-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Tonsil hockey should become an organized sport.

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
#97 Old 09-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post

Tonsil hockey should become an organized sport.

How would you know who's winning?

#98 Old 09-24-2011, 07:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

We can't know until they organize it and make official rules.

- Old Man
#99 Old 09-24-2011, 10:33 PM
Veggie Regular

People who add long, uneventful boat rides to videogames and force players to use them to get around(unless they want to spend 3-5 dollars a day for the teleporter) need to be sent to a gulag as a punishment for their crimes against humanity.

- Old Man
#100 Old 09-24-2011, 10:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post

People who add long, uneventful boat rides to videogames and force players to use them to get around(unless they want to spend 3-5 dollars a day for the teleporter) need to be sent to a gulag as a punishment for their crimes against humanity.

What game?

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#101 Old 09-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Maplestory. It takes eight minutes minimum to get between a certain continent, anywhere from 7-15 minutes to get to another(depending on whether you miss the boat), and so on.

- Old Man
#102 Old 09-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie54321 View Post

I think this one is going to be unpopular on this board....

I don't like animals.

I don't have pets, or have any intention of ever getting any. I don't go gooey-eyed when I see a cute cow or a newborn lamb or a fluffy chick.

However, I respect their right to a decent and enjoyable life that is not cut short because someone wants to eat them (that bit won't be an unpopular opinion on here!)

Change "animals" to "kids" and "eat" to "abuse" and that describes me. Unless they belong to a friend or family member. That's an unpopular opinion in most circles.
#103 Old 09-25-2011, 03:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

Change "animals" to "kids" and "eat" to "abuse" and that describes me. Unless they belong to a friend or family member. That's an unpopular opinion in most circles.

I've got three children, all grown up now, and I must admit I can find children irritating. It's okay when they are in a place they are expected to be in, a park for example, but in a pub or a bar or a restaurant I want them to sit down and behave - when they run around in between tables when I am trying to eat or drink I get really annoyed. But I guess that is the parents fault and not really the kids.
#104 Old 09-25-2011, 03:10 AM
Veggie Regular

I have three grown children and two grandchildren and I absolutely adore the whole bunch. I did, however, do childcare for 25 years, so kids in general, yeah, I can live without them at this point! lol
#105 Old 09-25-2011, 03:11 AM
Veggie Regular

I love, love, love babies, 0-3 months...kind of like kittens without the fur!
#106 Old 09-25-2011, 03:48 AM

Adults are gross.
#107 Old 09-25-2011, 04:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Everything's gross once you learn enough about it.
#108 Old 09-25-2011, 04:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingypeppers View Post

Adults are gross.

#109 Old 09-25-2011, 04:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Columbus day should not be a holiday.

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
#110 Old 09-25-2011, 07:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beancounter View Post

You are probably right, but then I wouldn't have the day off!!
#111 Old 09-25-2011, 07:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post

Tangled, though, is awful. Seemed very un-Disney to me, and definitely shouldn't be considered a classic with such classics like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella, and all those. I felt the same about Princess and the Frog, though I'm starting to actually like that one, because at least it has better music than Tangled and tries in some areas to seem like a classic.

What I think of your opinion:

Tangled is EPIC
#112 Old 09-25-2011, 07:50 AM
Banned

It's disgusting how entitled customers have become. The fact that you are paying or want to pay for a service doesn't mean the people providing it should bow down at your feet, bend over backwards to fulfil your every whim or take your demands and abuse patiently.

I should be able to tell the customers who are nasty to me to put the phone down and call again when they learn some manners.

I blame the idiots who came up with "the customer is always right" and the morons who take it literally.
#113 Old 09-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthling View Post

It's disgusting how entitled customers have become. The fact that you are paying or want to pay for a service doesn't mean the people providing it should bow down at your feet, bend over backwards to fulfil your every whim or take your demands and abuse patiently.

I should be able to tell the customers who are nasty to me to put the phone down and call again when they learn some manners.

I blame the idiots who came up with "the customer is always right" and the morons who take it literally.

Customers' attitudes are often the result of the ambivalent, snotty, disrespectful, unhelpful attitude of the person behind the counter.

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
#114 Old 09-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Banned

I completely disagree but thanks for the nasty insinuation.
#115 Old 09-25-2011, 08:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I completely disagree but thanks for the nasty insinuation.

I wasn't saying you specifically were like that. Just basing it on my personal experience with some clerks.

-nomad888
#116 Old 09-25-2011, 08:59 AM

Good manners cost nothing but I'm on minimum wage, & if customers get rude with me or treat me like a skivvy, they shouldnt expect any service with a smile from me. I dont get paid enough to be nice to a*seholes.

Flesh is for Zombies! xx
#117 Old 09-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

I love, love, love babies, 0-3 months...kind of like kittens without the fur!

My favorite age is 6 months to 1. My niece was that age when we lived together and she would get so excited when she saw me. I like that age range for learning too.

Quote:

+1,000,000

Quote:

Customers' attitudes are often the result of the ambivalent, snotty, disrespectful, unhelpful attitude of the person behind the counter.

Often? No. I've never EVER given attitude to a customer and I've been disrespected MANY times in my years in the food industry. People just think they're above you and can take out their anger and frustration at you.
#118 Old 09-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

Whoever is loosing the least amount of blood.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#119 Old 09-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinkies View Post

Everything's gross once you learn enough about it.

I don't know, I could never find vegan cupcakes gross

About the kid thing, I love kids too. When my cousin and his 22 month old daughter came to visit, I loved playing with her and everything.
However, if I were to have kids of my own, I only want 1 biological kid. I might adopt a few kids after that.

#120 Old 09-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenlovessnow View Post

You are probably right, but then I wouldn't have the day off!!

When I was a student, I cared, but now that I'm not, I don't care either way. I always work holidays.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page