Sexual Slavery in Nashville - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-30-2011, 10:05 AM
Joe
Veggie Regular

Backpage.com ad leads to man's arrest on sex trafficking charge

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/conten...ficking-charge

A detectives response to an ad on Backpage.com led to the arrest of a Georgia teenager at a Nashville motel on sex trafficking charges.

Metro police arrested Prontiss Houseworth Friday at the Knights Inn on Spring Street and charged him with four counts of trafficking for sexual servitude, one count of promoting prostitution and a weapon charge for allegedly carrying brass knuckles. Police found four young women two 18-year-olds, a 23-year-old and a 24-year-old with Houseworth but consider them victims in Houseworths alleged crimes.

The four women have not been charged in connection to the investigation.
According to police, the man forced the women to travel with him from Atlanta to Nashville where an undercover officer, responding to the online ad, met two of the women at the motel and made a deal to have sex with them for $180 plus a $20 tip.

One of the alleged victims told police Houseworth threatened to kill the women and their families if the women didnt cooperate with him, calling them slaves and saying the only way that they could leave was in a body bag, according to a police affidavit.

One of the women also allegedly told police Houseworth punched her in the head and duct-taped her hands together and her mouth shut.

Houseworth, from Conyers, Ga., is being held in lieu of $150,000 bond. The FBI is assisting in the case.

[Emphasis added.]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Veggie Regular

People are ****ing sick sometimes.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#3 Old 08-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Veggie Regular

The worst part is that for every small-time PoS like this that is arrested, there are at least 5 human traffickers working on a much larger scale.

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
#4 Old 08-30-2011, 08:27 PM
Veggie Regular

How is this not 4 counts of kidnapping?

Keep on freepin' on

#5 Old 08-30-2011, 08:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Ohio is apparently one of the US states with the highest rates of human trafficking. From what I read in news articles, drug traffickers often switch over to human trafficking because the legal penalties if caught are less stiff. 150 years ago we fought a war over slavery (human trafficking). Now we've been fighting a "war on drugs", which makes slavery look like a damn good life of crime. Is this seriously where we've ended up? Someone, say it ain't so!

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#6 Old 09-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Veggie Regular

"Houseworth, from Conyers, Ga., is being held in lieu of $150,000 bond."

Strauss-kahn was only accused of sexual assault (just accused) and faced a $5,000,000.00 bail in addition to having armed guards keep him on house arrest if paid.
I mentioned this was very odd considering it was only an accusation (with the case being dropped now I believe). Armed guards, $5m bail... so this is when I ask why this guy who is charged with four counts of trafficking sexual service facing a $150,000 bond? I'm not really expecting anything more than some shallow answers, but just putting this out there.

Fear is simply the consequence of the acceptance of ignorance; reject ignorance and accept knowledge-- with knowledge all fears are relinquished and the light of truth within shines through to guide your path.
#7 Old 09-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmy View Post

"Houseworth, from Conyers, Ga., is being held in lieu of $150,000 bond."

Strauss-kahn was only accused of sexual assault (just accused) and faced a $5,000,000.00 bail in addition to having armed guards keep him on house arrest if paid.
I mentioned this was very odd considering it was only an accusation (with the case being dropped now I believe). Armed guards, $5m bail... so this is when I ask why this guy who is charged with four counts of trafficking sexual service facing a $150,000 bond? I'm not really expecting anything more than some shallow answers, but just putting this out there.

Does Georgia statute differ from Tennessee's here? That's the only sensible reason I'm coming up with right now.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#8 Old 09-03-2011, 04:39 AM
Veggie Regular

I thought bonds/bail were set on how much you are able to afford as well as the severity of the crime. Bail for a millionaire wouldn't be something like a few thousand because it's not enough to keep them from scarpering.

Also to prevent him just going home and not coming back...
#9 Old 09-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

I thought bonds/bail were set on how much you are able to afford as well as the severity of the crime. Bail for a millionaire wouldn't be something like a few thousand because it's not enough to keep them from scarpering.

Also to prevent him just going home and not coming back...

Right. Conyers is a very poor town. He'll never make bail.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page