Report: PETA to launch porn site - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#61 Old 08-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjesta View Post

You are such. A. Hero. Sorry no one was around to give you the medal you deserve for beating up those nasty pansy-asses. If only we'd been there to praise you.

I suspect then that you find it ok to assault someone as long as it fits your organizations goals?

yet, you dont find it acceptable for a response.. interesting.
Fatman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#62 Old 08-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,056
i don't think it's such a big deal.

why is all porn degrading to women?

if your daughter is an adult, and she's chosen to be "splayed out", then that's her decision. it's not illegal. what if it was your son?
papayamon is offline  
#63 Old 08-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayamon View Post

i don't think it's such a big deal.

why is all porn degrading to women?

if your daughter is an adult, and she's chosen to be "splayed out", then that's her decision. it's not illegal. what if it was your son?

I think that might make his son a pansy-ass.
paperhanger is offline  
#64 Old 08-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Kjesta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

I suspect then that you find it ok to assault someone as long as it fits your organizations goals?

yet, you dont find it acceptable for a response.. interesting.

How about you stop putting words into my mouth? Where did I ever condone physical violence? Quotation with place and time, please.

Also agree with papayamon that porn doesn't have to be degrading for women. What about gay porn? What about the guys in the straight porn? Aren't they treated like f****** machines too? IDK.

▬|████|▬
This is a Nudelholz!
Take it und hau it on
the Kopp of a bekloppt Person
to give a better Gefühl!!
Kjesta is offline  
#65 Old 08-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayamon View Post

i don't think it's such a big deal.

why is all porn degrading to women?

if your daughter is an adult, and she's chosen to be "splayed out", then that's her decision. it's not illegal. what if it was your son?

And this is supposed to be ok with me how? I don't like to criticize other for the morals they put into their children so I wont say anything about this as far as that is concerned.
I will say however that I'm pretty sure that if there was another girl that held the values that posing naked was ok, or being a whore was ok, my daughter has been brought up well enough and with the proper morals that would keep her from being friends with this person.

and yes to the other poster, gay guys in porn or straight guys in porn is a serious degradation to their personal lives.

Porn is just not a needed addition to a healthy lifestyle. Just like every movie that is made today, seems like it has to have the gratuitous sex scene in it. I don't understand this either.
Fatman is offline  
#66 Old 08-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

If I say something that offends, let me know right away. It is not intentional.. Unless its in the compost heap, then Im going to argue against whatever the majority seem to be agreeing with.

Your raison d'etre stated in your signature; isn't this a violation of the TOS? You intentionally stir up crap?
paperhanger is offline  
#67 Old 08-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator
 
danakscully64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 34,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhanger View Post

Your raison d'etre stated in your signature; isn't this a violation of the TOS? You intentionally stir up crap?

Huh?
danakscully64 is offline  
#68 Old 08-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Veggie Regular
 
dormouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,609
MOD POST

Thread moved to Compost Heap.


Please note there have already been some infractions and edited posts in this thread for personal attacks. Be nice to each other. Remember to address the message, not the messenger, and it always helps threads stay productive if you state your ideas clearly and refrain from using sarcasm.
dormouse is offline  
#69 Old 08-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhanger View Post

Your raison d'etre stated in your signature; isn't this a violation of the TOS? You intentionally stir up crap?

No, I dont think it says that at all.
I only pointed out that if I offend, then say so. I base this on the fact that so many here are looking to be offended.
Nothing personal. Its sorta like Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton looking for racism in every action. look hard enough and you find what you are looking for.

But I do give you credit for a stellar attempt.
Fatman is offline  
#70 Old 08-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Veggie Regular
 
fadeaway1289's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 10,324
I am so confused over how this is going to work. How exactly are they going to mix porn and undercover videos of animal abuse? How will this discourage meat eating? And why would someone want to go to the PETA porn site knowing there will be AR stuff involved when there are millions of regular porn sites where they won't have to see those things?
fadeaway1289 is offline  
#71 Old 08-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Move of Ten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I am so confused over how this is going to work. How exactly are they going to mix porn and undercover videos of animal abuse? How will this discourage meat eating? And why would someone want to go to the PETA porn site knowing there will be AR stuff involved when there are millions of regular porn sites where they won't have to see those things?

Animal abuse sure as hell doesn't put me in the mood to fap, but there are a lot of sickos out there so who knows?
Move of Ten is offline  
#72 Old 08-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Veggie Regular
 
AlixJ18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,196
I don't really mind porn, i like it sometimes and people make their own decisions, i just think it's stupid that PETA is doing this, it's ridiculous.
AlixJ18 is offline  
#73 Old 08-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Move of Ten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

I don't really mind porn, i like it sometimes

Why do you hate women?
Move of Ten is offline  
#74 Old 08-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Scorpius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pluto (the planet)
Posts: 6,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

Why do you hate women?


"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"


www.animal-adoptions.org

Scorpius is offline  
#75 Old 08-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator
 
danakscully64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 34,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

Why do you hate women?

danakscully64 is offline  
#76 Old 08-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

No, I dont think it says that at all.
I only pointed out that if I offend, then say so. I base this on the fact that so many here are looking to be offended.
Nothing personal. Its sorta like Jessie Jackson or Al Sharpton looking for racism in every action. look hard enough and you find what you are looking for.

But I do give you credit for a stellar attempt.

You state : "Im(sic) going to argue against whatever the majority seem(sic) to be agreeing with," which suggests, pretty clearly to me, that you intend to foster arguments regardless of your true opinion.
paperhanger is offline  
#77 Old 08-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

I do not respect people who attack others, either. (Is that better? it's relevant to the conversation.)

I have yet to see any good to come out of peta.

But, you see extreme dehumanization of women as a 'minor' problem, so I doubt we are going to agree on anything.

You know what might be a better way for the group that dislikes PETA, when asked or confronted by the latest stunt and particularly when in the company of those who still eat meat, to react? To let it be known that 'while you don't agree with a couple of 'significant' issues, you appreciate that the group's heart is in the right place'. Do that instead of what I suspect some do, which is to begin working up a head of steam, often times accompanied by expletives, and proceed to diligently distance yourself from them. It seems to me that if you did it the suggested way, you might give that omnivore next to you the idea that the animal loving crowd are united in the one REALLY significant way, which is that animals are not ours to use. The ranting just convinces them that we are all nuts and so fractured that we are not worth consideration except as an occasional target. Presenting a united front in the one most important way makes us look 'bigger' if you know what I mean. And in today's world it seems that bigger is often seen as better.

Just a suggestion.

As for not seeing any good come out of PETA, then you have so let your dislike steal from you any open-mindedness that it is a tragedy. You make a point of not looking up PETA victories or Googling the question: what good has PETA done . And when others tell you of good things that they have accomplished, you stick your fingers in your ears, squeeze your eyes shut tight, and yell "la, la, la, la......". Amazing, absolutely amazing!
GhostUser is offline  
#78 Old 08-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Veggie Regular
 
AlixJ18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornsail View Post

Why do you hate women?

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or serious because i don't know your opinion. But i never said i watch porn with women in it lol.
AlixJ18 is offline  
#79 Old 08-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Veggie Regular
 
mollycakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,121
I think men who say porn is degrading to women are just saying that to get laid

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
mollycakes is offline  
#80 Old 08-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Kibbleforlola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselsmom View Post

You know what might be a better way for the group that dislikes PETA, when asked or confronted by the latest stunt and particularly when in the company of those who still eat meat, to react? To let it be known that 'while you don't agree with a couple of 'significant' issues, you appreciate that the group's heart is in the right place'. Do that instead of what I suspect some do, which is to begin working up a head of steam, often times accompanied by expletives, and proceed to diligently distance yourself from them. It seems to me that if you did it the suggested way, you might give that omnivore next to you the idea that the animal loving crowd are united in the one REALLY significant way, which is that animals are not ours to use. The ranting just convinces them that we are all nuts and so fractured that we are not worth consideration except as an occasional target. Presenting a united front in the one most important way makes us look 'bigger' if you know what I mean. And in today's world it seems that bigger is often seen as better.

Just a suggestion.

As for not seeing any good come out of PETA, then you have so let your dislike steal from you any open-mindedness that it is a tragedy. You make a point of not looking up PETA victories or Googling the question: what good has PETA done . And when others tell you of good things that they have accomplished, you stick your fingers in your ears, squeeze your eyes shut tight, and yell "la, la, la, la......". Amazing, absolutely amazing!


Except they aren't a 'couple' of issues. PETA does far, far more harm than good. Their heart is most definitely not in the right place. If it were, they wouldn't treat people (and animals in their care) like ****.

If disagreeing with them makes us 'fractured', so what. I do not want to be in the same category as them. I can create change in the world, as can we all, without siding ourselves with those that compromise our values just so we appear to be 'a united front'.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
Kibbleforlola is offline  
#81 Old 08-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,368
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollycakes View Post

I think men who say porn is degrading to women are just saying that to get laid

I suspect you are correct in some cases however think about this.
I dont know anyone here in person, as far as I know I don't live near anyone here, and if that is not enough, I am married and dont step out on my wife. (its that silly morals thing again) so, in my case I can honestly say that porn is degrading for all involved, including those that are compelled to purchase it, and judging from the wealth of people like Hugh Heffner I figure that there must be a boatload of people that either dont agree with me, or just don't care.
Fatman is offline  
#82 Old 08-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Scorpius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Pluto (the planet)
Posts: 6,741
So married men who look at porn are being unfaithful, in your opinion?

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"


www.animal-adoptions.org

Scorpius is offline  
#83 Old 08-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhanger View Post

Sorry, but you really just aren't getting through. I'd hardly call their pranks "minor." Not liking PETA does not imply that I advocate any other particular groups who are "worse" than PETA.

Should I really support a group simply because they do some good things, particularly when I think they alienate almost everybody they supposedly are trying to reach?

Their pranks are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. I don't think anyone has every died because of their stunts, they are guilty of being in bad taste frequently, they aren't guilty of being shy, they won't let go once they turn their focus on you whether a 'perp' or even a potential contributor. But seriously consider in the face of these issues, the good things that they have done, $1,000,000.00 to research ways to do some horrible and painful tests on something other than animals, or the $1,000,000.00 given to help researchers maybe make 'test tube' meat, for those who are willing to eat anything. And what about their free spay/neuter trucks that go into several poorer areas in their head office city. And all the videos that many of us watched in horror that led to us quitting eating meat! Those videos are what changed my life forever, and I went from being a laze-faire vegetarian who still used eggs and dairy and never gave it a thought to becoming a vegan. Now, this is on my mind every other moment of every day. When you say that they alienate almost everybody they are supposed to be reaching, you are wrong. They reached me, and apparently they touch lots of people who then support them and all their shenanigans because "they changed me!". Those omnivores who hear about them just seize on it as one more excuse, one more justification for 'never becoming one of those raving lunatics'. And if it's not PETA then they grab some other excuse. Most of those people will never change, no matter what message they hear. It's only when a person is ready somewhere deep inside them that any message will get through and who are any of us to say categorically that they know which method will work with who?
GhostUser is offline  
#84 Old 08-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular
 
AlixJ18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,196
I only watch porn, i never pay for it lol.
AlixJ18 is offline  
#85 Old 08-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Herbivorous Urchin
 
River's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,717
I kind of love them for always doing the politically incorrect thing, if just makes me smile.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
River is offline  
#86 Old 08-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselsmom View Post

Their pranks are pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. I don't think anyone has every died because of their stunts, they are guilty of being in bad taste frequently, they aren't guilty of being shy, they won't let go once they turn their focus on you whether a 'perp' or even a potential contributor. But seriously consider in the face of these issues, the good things that they have done, $1,000,000.00 to research ways to do some horrible and painful tests on something other than animals, or the $1,000,000.00 given to help researchers maybe make 'test tube' meat, for those who are willing to eat anything. And what about their free spay/neuter trucks that go into several poorer areas in their head office city. And all the videos that many of us watched in horror that led to us quitting eating meat! Those videos are what changed my life forever, and I went from being a laze-faire vegetarian who still used eggs and dairy and never gave it a thought to becoming a vegan. Now, this is on my mind every other moment of every day. When you say that they alienate almost everybody they are supposed to be reaching, you are wrong. They reached me, and apparently they touch lots of people who then support them and all their shenanigans because "they changed me!". Those omnivores who hear about them just seize on it as one more excuse, one more justification for 'never becoming one of those raving lunatics'. And if it's not PETA then they grab some other excuse. Most of those people will never change, no matter what message they hear. It's only when a person is ready somewhere deep inside them that any message will get through and who are any of us to say categorically that they know which method will work with who?

I doubt there is anybody here who isn't convinced that you feel you have a reason to like PETA.
paperhanger is offline  
#87 Old 08-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Herbivorous Urchin
 
River's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

I suspect you are correct in some cases however think about this.
I dont know anyone here in person, as far as I know I don't live near anyone here, and if that is not enough, I am married and dont step out on my wife. (its that silly morals thing again) so, in my case I can honestly say that porn is degrading for all involved, including those that are compelled to purchase it, and judging from the wealth of people like Hugh Heffner I figure that there must be a boatload of people that either dont agree with me, or just don't care.

I can honestly say I don't feel degraded by porn, nor do I feel women are degraded by porn in general. People have the right to make a living how they choose, and porn fills a niche for some people. Also, go figure, people get turned on watching sex! Zomg I never knew!

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
River is offline  
#88 Old 08-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Veggie Regular
 
yally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I am so confused over how this is going to work. How exactly are they going to mix porn and undercover videos of animal abuse? How will this discourage meat eating? And why would someone want to go to the PETA porn site knowing there will be AR stuff involved when there are millions of regular porn sites where they won't have to see those things?

I imagine videos of people doing porn with clips of slaughter house footage half way through.

I don't think porn has to be degrading to women.
yally is offline  
#89 Old 08-21-2011, 03:19 PM
Herbivorous Urchin
 
River's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

I imagine videos of people doing porn with clips of slaughter house footage half way through.




That. Would. Be. Awful.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
River is offline  
#90 Old 08-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Newbie
 
GhostUser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

Except they aren't a 'couple' of issues. PETA does far, far more harm than good. Their heart is most definitely not in the right place. If it were, they wouldn't treat people (and animals in their care) like ****.

If disagreeing with them makes us 'fractured', so what. I do not want to be in the same category as them. I can create change in the world, as can we all, without siding ourselves with those that compromise our values just so we appear to be 'a united front'.

Tell me which issues, always seems that the nude beautiful women is a biggie and then that they euthenize animals who are for the most part going to be euthenized anyway at some other facility where it is done in a less than kind way. Which are the others? What harm does PETA do and while you are doing that, make a list on the other side of what good they do. Tell me where their heart is? What is their hidden agenda? What is their awful and secret purpose, that would have them giving animals a peaceful end and would have them COLLABORATING with famous people, men and women to produce some riveting photo ads.

And whether you like it or not, you are in the same category as PETA. You are one of those lunatic fringe group 'who think we shouldn't eat meat...imagine that, no burgers!!! What a bunch of morons, animals were made of meat so we could eat them!", . You're telling the world that they shouldn't eat meat and so is PETA! Same category. So it seems to me that if you really cared about the animals, you would be doing everything that you could to present a united front and doing it with grace so that those watching see us a intelligent, stable and compassionate people (despite the oddballs in the family) and that then reflects positively on the message we bring.

Do you have any idea what 'marketing' is? It is the process whereby you convince people of things even when it isn't so but you do it as a means to the end which in the case of Main Street, is to rake in yours and my cash. In our case, the marketing (we are united, we are big, we are worthy of being listened to) is the effort we put out to present a united front even when there are 'in house' issues going on. Just like I never regale my ominiverous husband about the debates that go on here because I don't like to run down other vegans and AR folks we should not be airing dirty laundry in public. That is what I think.
GhostUser is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off