Abortion (warning: contains some graphic details) - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 06-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I would not have blamed my parents for aborting me.
Even though I was "planned," some serious hardships befell them soon after I was conceived, and it would have been better for all if they'd waited a few years to have a baby.
If I were in my Mom's situation, and I knew when she did that it was bad timing, I would have an abortion.

Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 06-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

My mother was the product of rape. Her life was made miserable because of it. In turn, she made my sister's and my lives miserable. My sister and i have discussed it, and both agree that it would have been much preferable if our grandmother had aborted our mother, and failing that, if our mother had aborted us.

Our story has just as much validity as that of the woman on that video. Perhaps we should use it as a reason to force the abortion of every woman who gets pregnant through rape.

exactly. I am pro choice for the sake of the potential children. Being an unwanted child is no gift. If your mother wants to kill you in her body, it's best for you that you be killed before you are even aware of it.

Likewise, I am pro abortion for overpopulated animals. If I trap a stray or feral cat and she's in the early stages of pregnancy, she will get an abortion, and that's common practice for vets. Because even kittens are killed at shelters, along with the majority of cats who end up there. It's no gift to them, and to the other cats who are already here, to be born.

The abortion debate is always assumed to be about human abortion. I'm pro choice/abortion for all fetuses who are unwanted.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#63 Old 06-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow. I didn't know that abortion was actually practised on non-human animals. (Although it is something I have thought about before, I'm not sure how I feel about it.)

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -Sirius Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 06-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoGoddess View Post

I didn't know that abortion was actually practised on non-human animals.

It's done during a spay.

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#65 Old 06-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Veggie Regular

This was brought up in ILT by someone from here, idk why because she never even asked me this question, just assumes all of us wouldn't. But she claims none of us would eat a fertilized hen egg and she states the reason is because it's destined to become a chicken one day. Is this true of any of you? Because it's not of me.
#66 Old 07-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

This was brought up in ILT by someone from here, idk why because she never even asked me this question, just assumes all of us wouldn't. But she claims none of us would eat a fertilized hen egg and she states the reason is because it's destined to become a chicken one day. Is this true of any of you? Because it's not of me.

I wouldn't eat a fertilized egg, but not because of its "destiny" or anything like that. It's just kinda gross. I wouldn't have eaten it even when I was a meat eater.

--Fromper
#67 Old 07-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Since this is the only abortion thread going here now, I thought I'd post this here. Didn't want to stir up trouble in other threads My Aunt posted this status today and my IQ dropped 10 points:

Sorry, but anyone arguing that you should feel equally sad for cells than for a 2 year old child is insane. Insane.
#68 Old 07-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlixJ18 View Post

Nope. Even unfertilized eggs are gross to me.
#69 Old 07-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irizary View Post

exactly. I am pro choice for the sake of the potential children. Being an unwanted child is no gift. If your mother wants to kill you in her body, it's best for you that you be killed before you are even aware of it.

Likewise, I am pro abortion for overpopulated animals. If I trap a stray or feral cat and she's in the early stages of pregnancy, she will get an abortion, and that's common practice for vets. Because even kittens are killed at shelters, along with the majority of cats who end up there. It's no gift to them, and to the other cats who are already here, to be born.

The abortion debate is always assumed to be about human abortion. I'm pro choice/abortion for all fetuses who are unwanted.

+1
#70 Old 07-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Pretty much what I had to say on the matter.
What do all the pro-lifers intend to do with babies that are born and not loved, or wanted.
'give them to people who cant have children of their own'
What are we breeding stock now?
#71 Old 07-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Banned

What are all the pro-lifers going to do with....

why is it that certain people always expect others to clean up their mess?
If people dont want to be treated like breeding stock, perhaps they should stop acting the part.
except for rape or incest or deformity of the baby, I see no reason to have abortion.

its not birth control you know?
#72 Old 07-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Did I say it was?
I dont see how having regular safe sex with a partner is 'acting like breedingstock'.
What do you class as a deformity? Are you saying that people like Nick Vujicic shouldnt have been given a chance at life...
#73 Old 07-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Veggie Regular

I will never understand "pro-lifers" that treat children as a punishment for sex.

Who needs sleep when we've got love?
Who needs keys when we've got clubs?
Who needs please when we've got guns?
Who needs peace when we've gone above?
#74 Old 07-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Banned

I have no idea who nick is, however, are saying that nobody deserves a chance at life?

I only agree with abortion in specific instances, not for birth control or to fix a "mistake"
#75 Old 07-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

I have no idea who nick is, however, are saying that nobody deserves a chance at life?

I only agree with abortion in specific instances, not for birth control or to fix a "mistake"

But it's ok for people who are obviously not ready for children to raise that "mistake"(your scare quotes, not mine)?

#76 Old 07-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

except for rape or incest or deformity of the baby, I see no reason to have abortion.

There are actually plenty of pro-choicers who will agree with you there. As said a few pages back though, they still think it should be legal, even if they disagree with the morality of it.

Enjoying the view over at http://forum.veggieviews.com/

#77 Old 07-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

But it's ok for people who are obviously not ready for children to raise that "mistake"(your scare quotes, not mine)?

Maybe a good thing to come from gay marriage is a rush on adoptions since it wont be possible for two guys to have their own.

and if someone is not ready for children, dont get pregnant.
I was able to go without getting anyone pregnant until I was 35 years old and my wife and I were financially ready to take on whatever came up.
I see no reason others should not be the same.
#78 Old 07-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

There are actually plenty of pro-choicers who will agree with you there. As said a few pages back though, they still think it should be legal, even if they disagree with the morality of it.

I know alot of pro-choicers that agree with me. But really, are they 100% pro choice?
It needs to be legal in certain circumstances, but it needs to be illegal in others. The sad part is that the real pro choice crowd sees the only option as all or nothing. I see no issue that is all or nothing.

I also think that in the case of rape or incest that results in an abortion, the impregnating or controling person that caused that pregnancy should be tried for the murder of the aborted child. It would help get the trash off the street instead of just having their picture on the internet somewhere. It might also reduce the number of pregnancies from those causes.
#79 Old 07-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Lol. You really like to see the complexity of an issue don't you?
#80 Old 07-06-2011, 10:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Maybe a good thing to come from gay marriage is a rush on adoptions since it wont be possible for two guys to have their own.

I was able to go without getting anyone pregnant until I was 35 years old and my wife and I were financially ready to take on whatever came up.

That you know of, anyway. Accidents happen. Even the most careful bc users sometimes wind up pregnant. And sometimes people are just being stupid. I don't think failure of birth control (or stupidity, or insertreasonhere) should be a reason to deny someone an abortion.

As to the gay marriage thing, 1) Gay men (and gay women, why is it people always forget about lesbians??) can indeed have their own children, they only need a surrogate/sperm donor. 2) There is already a rush on adoptions. That is, if you have a white newborn. White women are being pressured into giving birth to unwanted children so that others can snatch them up. If you are a woman of color, a drug user, or an otherwise 'undesirable' and you give birth, you're sol.

Not to mention, many states still have bans on gay adoptions.

This may be helpful to read.

#81 Old 07-06-2011, 10:35 AM
Veggie Regular

A fetus is not responsible for how it was conceived, so why only punish those who were the result of rape or incest? How is that fair?

I have to say that I find "pro-lifers" are not deep thinkers. Life = good Death = bad. It's not that simple. A women who is forced to carry a baby to term and deliver that baby will most likely be destructive to herself, the baby, other children and the world. The suffering will be multiplied and continue for generations.

Women need to have complete domain over their own bodies, just as men do! It is so f*cking obvious.
#82 Old 07-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I'm not really all that interested in getting involved in another VB abortion debate, however I agree with the bolded portion. I've known about a dozen women in my life who had abortions and none of them were using a reliable form of birth control when they got pregnant. I took my sister last year to get an abortion, she was another that stopped taking the pill because she kept forgetting and then didn't use a condom one time. She did get an IUD put in right after as she never wants to go through that again. I don't want anymore kids and it's been super easy for my wife and I to avoid unplanned pregnancy for the last 8 years.
#83 Old 07-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Are you 100% certain of that? How do you know a past partner didn't have an abortion behind your back or a miscarriage?
#84 Old 07-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

What are all the pro-lifers going to do with....

why is it that certain people always expect others to clean up their mess?
If people dont want to be treated like breeding stock, perhaps they should stop acting the part.

its not birth control you know?

I take it you waited until marriage to play hide the sausage, then? Or at least never had sex - even safe sex - unless you were 100% certain you could raise a child if an accident happened?

Birth control isn't 100% effective, you know? Accidents happen, you know?

EDIT:
Quote:

I really hate when "pro-lifers" say this. It sounds like the resposibility is on the woman to not get pregnant, when it takes two to tango.

"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -Sirius Black
#85 Old 07-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoGoddess View Post

I take it you waited until marriage to play hide the sausage, then? Or at least never had sex - even safe sex - unless you were 100% certain you could raise a child if an accident happened?

Birth control isn't 100% effective, you know? Accidents happen, you know?

accidents dont happen at the rate of abortion.

for the poster that says women need to have control of their body? they do. no question, they can control with who and when they have unprotected sex. Except in the case of rape/incest, then I think I covered that above.

And how do I know I dont have any unclaimed or aborted children? because I never played that way. I know.
#86 Old 07-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Beginner

I'm against abortion on principle. I would never get one, nor would I encourage anyone else to. That being said, I don't think my opinion on what is a morally grey area is enough justification to prevent others from making their own decisions. For that reason, politically speaking, I am pro-choice and against abortion.

Really not dissimiliar to my views on eating animal products, haha.
#87 Old 07-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

accidents dont happen at the rate of abortion.

for the poster that says women need to have control of their body? they do. no question, they can control with who and when they have unprotected sex. Except in the case of rape/incest, then I think I covered that above.

And how do I know I dont have any unclaimed or aborted children? because I never played that way. I know.

Ah, so you are a slut shamer. Makes sense.

#88 Old 07-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm pro-choice but I am unsure about very late abortions just from what I have read about them. I wouldn't like to have an abortion myself though. I have just always been extremely careful with contraception.
#89 Old 07-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbleforlola View Post

Ah, so you are a slut shamer. Makes sense.

Im afraid I dont exactly know what you are talking about, would you care to elaborate for me?
#90 Old 07-06-2011, 10:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancityveggie View Post

I'm not really all that interested in getting involved in another VB abortion debate, however I agree with the bolded portion. I've known about a dozen women in my life who had abortions and none of them were using a reliable form of birth control when they got pregnant. I took my sister last year to get an abortion, she was another that stopped taking the pill because she kept forgetting and then didn't use a condom one time. She did get an IUD put in right after as she never wants to go through that again. I don't want anymore kids and it's been super easy for my wife and I to avoid unplanned pregnancy for the last 8 years.

It's nice that responsible people with their sh*t together can usually avoid unwanted pregnancies, but that doesn't mean irresponsible people should be forced into parenthood. That would just be stupid.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page