VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   The Compost Heap (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/17-compost-heap/)
-   -   Pharmacy robberies (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/17-compost-heap/126501-pharmacy-robberies.html)

soilman 06-21-2011 09:46 AM

Pharmacy robberies

If we just gave opioid dependent people all the opioids they can eat, snort, or shoot, for a reasonable fee, would they be less inclined to try and rob opioids from pharmacies, harming others, maybe killing them, in the process? Maybe then they will just kill themselves, by succumbing to their greed for opioids, and taking too many, instead of killing others. I think that usually the simplest method of reaching a goal, is the one to use. Letting them kill themselves, which seems to be what they have been trying to do all along, seems cheaper than installing elaborate securing systems. These security systems may only help us catch the robbers after they rob, rather than prevent the robberies. And selling them drugs at Walmart, at Walmart prices, seems cheaper and easier than spending public funds on catching, trying, and incarcerating, robbers. Those bottles of oxycodones that supposedly sell for $8,000 dollars, cost less than $100 at the pharmacy, if you have a prescripition. Robbers should maybe get a discount, pay only $70, so they can buy more and kill themselves sooner.

Fromper 06-24-2011 01:13 PM

There's so much wrong with both of these posts that I don't even know where to begin.

--Fromper

ebola 06-27-2011 02:15 PM

Namely what?

ebola

das_nut 06-28-2011 10:39 AM

Considering that gasoline is wildly available, it seems pretty trivial not to legalize any drug that's less harmful than huffing gasoline.

Fromper 06-28-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebola View Post

Namely what?

ebola

It seems that the over the top sexist and ethnically prejudiced comments were deleted from the original poster's post. In fact, I seem to recall him having two original posts, not just the one.

--Fromper

reneeannem 06-28-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

It seems that the over the top sexist and ethnically prejudiced comments were deleted from the original poster's post. In fact, I seem to recall him having two original posts, not just the one.

--Fromper


Pixie 06-28-2011 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

It seems that the over the top sexist and ethnically prejudiced comments were deleted from the original poster's post. In fact, I seem to recall him having two original posts, not just the one.
--Fromper

Yeah, I read those posts too.

Fromper 06-28-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_nut View Post

Considering that gasoline is wildly available, it seems pretty trivial not to legalize any drug that's less harmful than huffing gasoline.

On that note, I will say that I don't understand why marijuana is illegal. Is it really more harmful than tobacco or alcohol?

--Fromper

dormouse 06-28-2011 12:54 PM

Yes, I should have noted here that two posts were deleted from this thread because they were in violation of VB rules.

ebola 06-28-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by das View Post

Considering that gasoline is wildly available, it seems pretty trivial not to legalize any drug that's less harmful than huffing gasoline.

Legalize PCP NOW! :P

ebola

vegkid 06-28-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soilman View Post

Pharmacy robberies

If we just gave opioid dependent people all the opioids they can eat, snort, or shoot, for a reasonable fee, would they be less inclined to try and rob opioids from pharmacies, harming others, maybe killing them, in the process? Maybe then they will just kill themselves, by succumbing to their greed for opioids, and taking too many, instead of killing others. I think that usually the simplest method of reaching a goal, is the one to use. Letting them kill themselves, which seems to be what they have been trying to do all along, seems cheaper than installing elaborate securing systems. These security systems may only help us catch the robbers after they rob, rather than prevent the robberies. And selling them drugs at Walmart, at Walmart prices, seems cheaper and easier than spending public funds on catching, trying, and incarcerating, robbers. Those bottles of oxycodones that supposedly sell for $8,000 dollars, cost less than $100 at the pharmacy, if you have a prescripition. Robbers should maybe get a discount, pay only $70, so they can buy more and kill themselves sooner.

Uhh???

Uhh!?!

Uhh...

*backs away from thread slowly*

soilman 06-29-2011 12:54 PM

The over the top post that I wrote was so over the top that I didn't think anyone could possibly take it seriously.

vegkid 06-29-2011 01:26 PM

Well there ARE people who think like that. I'm glad it wasn't serious, because I may have just died.

Fromper 06-29-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soilman View Post

The over the top post that I wrote was so over the top that I didn't think anyone could possibly take it seriously.

Ahh... Poe's Law.

--Fromper

soilman 06-30-2011 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

On that note, I will say that I don't understand why marijuana is illegal. Is it really more harmful than tobacco or alcohol?

--Fromper

Drugs are made legal or illegal based on whether or not they are part of the culture of the majority or not. Johnathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels has a dead-on metaphore: members of one ethnic group always fry their eggs yolks up, and where they live, it is illegal to cook eggs sunnyside down. That's the proper way to cook eggs, yolks up. Cooking and eating eggs any other way is not only absolutely wrong, but they are quite certain about knowing it to be harmful and disease-producing to eat eggs that have been cooked yolks down. The next ethnic group, they fry eggs yolks down. And have the same "facts" about yolks-up eggs, that the yolks-up people have about the yokes-down eggs. Each group thinks the other is an obviously evil, stupid, demented, and abominable group, for getting such obvious facts wrong.

This is the real reason that cannibus is illegal - because the dominant group that was able to control the vote, is convinced that cannibus is really really bad, and that people who use it are evil, stupid, demented, and abominable. Other cultural groups accept cannibus, but have similar views about heroin, to the views the dominant group has about cannibus. Other groups have other substances that they treat this way. The illegality of most illegal drugs has very little to do with actual risk to health, and is really all about the pretend risk to health, that people believe, in order to feel comraderie. This is the same way a pretend-risk to health and sanity made masturbation illegal, evil, stupid, and "sick," and not only were the laws against it, but masturbation was claimed to be illness-producing in widely used medical texts, as recently as the late 1040's and early 50's, which recommended very strong measures to stop it, such as amputation of prepuce in males and clitoris in females. That how strongly they believed it was a risk to health. Now we have some physicians reversing the "facts," and claiming masturbation "improves" health.

According to the cultural of no marywanna, anyone who doesn't understand why marywanna is illegal, isn't merely someone who doesn't understand something, but, rather, is someone who has something wrong with them.

The short explanation is marrywanna is illegal because it is wrong to use marrywanna and it is wrong to use marrywanna because it is obviously just wrong, it simply is just that "that's not what we do."

ebola 06-30-2011 06:09 PM

We should also factor in economic influences and political use of substances to demonize subordinated groups to facilitate surveillance, quarantine, and sometimes exploitation of such groups. While the latter practice rarely plays a primary role, the working poor are more easily exploited when expediently and systematically denied access to structures of power.

ebola


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.