Marijuana - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 59Likes

#1 Old 05-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Marijuana

What does everyone think about MJ? Btw sorry if I'm not allowed to talk bout this I didn't find a rule saying I couldnt

Check out my vegan blog! http://teenagetreehugger.tumblr.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, probably not a good idea to talk about it.

Chillin' in my blue jeans!
#3 Old 05-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Banned

there are plenty of threads on it. there are many proponents of outright legalization here, such as myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayamon View Post

there are plenty of threads on it. there are many proponents of outright legalization here, such as myself.

I like you
#5 Old 05-02-2011, 02:22 PM

Smoking weed is ok if no one else is getting hurt in the process. In other words, don't buy weed from profiteers. It's an ugly business.
#6 Old 05-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I think there's extreme levels of ignorance on both sides, with people who, like our political parties, are afraid that if they even think about setting foot in the middle ground, their side will "lose".
Pot isn't the worst thing in the world, but it's also not the best.
Just because it's not as bad as other drugs, doesn't mean that there aren't side effects.
#7 Old 05-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Veggie Regular

It's a plant. It grows in the ground. It's far less dangerous than many legal substances people choose to put into their bodies. I've heard it has medicinal properties, and some people use it recreationally to become high. I don't personally give a damn about being high in that way and I don't suffer from any physical maladies that require medicinal use of cannabis, so I don't use it. But I don't think it should be illegal.

Tam! RUGH!
#8 Old 05-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Total decriminalisation is the only way. Legalisation will only lead to the same sort of dependency structures that we get with alcohol and tobacco.

Never want it in my body and definitely don't want anything to do with the disgusting Triad weed that a few of my friends deal. All very well to get high and talk Trot sh*t about loving each other, but if you're still paying the criminal scum, rapists and murderers, then sorry, you're complicit.

In this grand illusion of entitlement to life / Our 'need' is a mask for our greed and it's not right /
We are executioners who parade ourselves as kings / As selfish and deluded as the blood-bathed Bathory. ~Kingdom, 'Bathory' xVx
#9 Old 05-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa View Post

Total decriminalisation is the only way. Legalisation will only lead to the same sort of dependency structures that we get with alcohol and tobacco.

Never want it in my body and definitely don't want anything to do with the disgusting Triad weed that a few of my friends deal. All very well to get high and talk Trot sh*t about loving each other, but if you're still paying the criminal scum, rapists and murderers, then sorry, you're complicit.

People can always choose not to become dependent on these substances, as you and I should know more than most people here.

There's no reason to stop at decriminalization, and there's no reason to stop at marijuana. Someone should be able to go to a clinic and get heroin if they want it. Why not? I could go to the grocery store, buy bleach, and drink it until I die if I chose to. It would be extremely stupid, but it's always been legal.

Tam! RUGH!
#10 Old 05-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I think it's gross and I've seen it really **** up a few people. It's nowhere near as harmless as people make out. That said, legalize, it's hardly worse than booze.
#11 Old 05-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Ira
Banned

you can't talk about your personal experiences as far as i know, thats what i got warnings for

but yeah, i am all for it. i am all for legalizing every drug and people who are very much against it will never be forced to take anyways
#12 Old 05-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Weed doesn't have the same physically addictive properties as tobacco and alcohol. Also alcohol and tobacco have much high tissue toxicity. Alcohol also has a higher behavioral toxicity.
That being said there are many studies which show that legality does not affect the usage rates of drugs once so ever. This goes for any drug, alcohol, tobacco, weed, heroin. Since HR clinic have opened the usage of heroin and crack have not gone up, its not people are going to say "Oh its legal now? Well now I'm going to try it." If legality did affect the rates people use there would be the same amount of crack heads as stoners.

☮ ♥ (: Ⓥ
http://empatheticvegan.tumblr.com/
#13 Old 05-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

It's a plant. It grows in the ground. It's far less dangerous than many legal substances people choose to put into their bodies. I've heard it has medicinal properties, and some people use it recreationally to become high. I don't personally give a damn about being high in that way and I don't suffer from any physical maladies that require medicinal use of cannabis, so I don't use it. But I don't think it should be illegal.

It's a miracle plant and can probably replace most chemically created prescribed drugs. If it is researched properly, of course. But that wont happen for a good loooong time.

Non addictive, non cancerous, not a single death in recorded history, and it makes people happy. Not to mention the revenue it would create if taxed and legalized.

Our Generation has had no Great war, no Great Depression. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.
#14 Old 05-02-2011, 04:09 PM
Ira
Banned

are you all people who talk about your own smoking getting warnings/bannings too? or was i just doing something wrong?
#15 Old 05-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdead-goaway View Post

I think there's extreme levels of ignorance on both sides, with people who, like our political parties, are afraid that if they even think about setting foot in the middle ground, their side will "lose".
Pot isn't the worst thing in the world, but it's also not the best.
Just because it's not as bad as other drugs, doesn't mean that there aren't side effects.

*correction - it's not as bad as ANY other drugs.

Our Generation has had no Great war, no Great Depression. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.
#16 Old 05-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post

are you all people who talk about your own smoking getting warnings/bannings too? or was i just doing something wrong?

Yep. I started a thread a while ago...3 replies in, I was shut down. Wah wah wah.

#17 Old 05-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Well the Proposition to make it legal in California was an epic failure. I think that those who were in favor of it passing forgot that stoners can't really be relied upon to get themselves to the polls to vote I don't know...it's not really my thing. I have very weak lungs because I had pneumonia a lot as a baby, so inhaling smoke of any kind isn't good for me. But I don't care if other people do it.

On the other hand...brownies.

"If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company."
Jean-Paul Sartre
#18 Old 05-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Never have used it. Never will.

DON'T BRING MY MOTHER INTO THIS!
#19 Old 05-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

Never have used it. Never will.

Also agreed.

I'm have no clue as to why people think it's harmless. My dad did drugs, and the affects were horrible.

Chillin' in my blue jeans!
#20 Old 05-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Banned

For my thoughts on marijuana:

In a Wikipedia article, "According to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) secretariat, the overwhelming direct cause of deforestation is agriculture. Subsistence farming is responsible for 48% of deforestation; commercial agriculture is responsible for 32% of deforestation; logging is responsible for 14% of deforestation and fuel wood removals make up 5% of deforestation." As 42% of logging is used for paper, that's 6% of deforestation.

Also, if everyone went vegan then we only need to use 1/3 of the landspace that we need now for agriculture. So if you take 80%, which is the total deforestation that is caused by agriculture, and eliminate 2/3, we can stop 54% of deforestation by all of us going vegan. Then if we take logging for paper and fuel wood, that's another 19% of deforestation that we can stop by legalizing marijuana. According to another article, "[William Randolph] Hearst had lots of reasons to help....Second, he had invested heavily in the timber industry to support his newspaper chain and didn’t want to see the development of hemp paper in competition." You can read the whole article here: http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/...juana-illegal/.

54 + 11 = 65% of deforestation that we could stop if we all went vegan and legalized marijuana and used the hemp plant and recycled materials as our sources for paper. 65% is almost 2/3. Now I in no way advocate that we all throw a party and get high all of the time just because it's legal, as it usually loses it's novelty value very quickly in places that have legalized or decriminalized it very quickly anyway. However, besides ecological benefits, legalizing it can also free up 1/4 of the spending on prisons in the US, which goes towards incarcerating people charged with marijuana offenses, it would severely cripple the drug trade for harder drugs putting an end to a large portion of gang violence, it would create agricultural jobs, it can have an excise tax on it to both raise revenue and discourage a heavy stoner lifestyle, it's far more environmentally friendly to make paper out of hemp than it is out of timber, and I've also heard rumors that a completely renewable fuel source to power our cars, trains, and airplanes can be developed from it.

There. Several problems solved at once.
#21 Old 05-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yally View Post

I think it's gross and I've seen it really **** up a few people. It's nowhere near as harmless as people make out. That said, legalize, it's hardly worse than booze.

I've seen it really **** some people up but I've also seen it do wonders for helping with nausea/vomiting after chemo treatments. I agree that it's gross especially because I think it stinks. I honestly have no clue where I stand regarding the legalization of it.
#22 Old 05-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Ira
Banned

its relatively harmless. i also don't think that alcohol is harmless or eating cake is, but i still do both in a relative amount
#23 Old 05-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:

its relatively harmless. i also don't think that alcohol is harmless or eating cake is, but i still do both in a relative amount

Everyone has vices. Ones like cocaine will kill you but most others in moderation won't.
#24 Old 05-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Banned

the number one killer? prescription pain meds.
#25 Old 05-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayamon View Post

the number one killer? prescription pain meds.

Add to that animal products.
#26 Old 05-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia82 View Post

Everyone has vices. Ones like cocaine will kill you but most others in moderation won't.

There are some pretty functional coke users. Not my cup of tea but...

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.
#27 Old 05-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I'm warning you.

No one else; just you.
#28 Old 05-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxyphonist View Post

Definitely not my cup of tea either!! I've seen it mess up quite a few people in my time.
#29 Old 05-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Ira
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxyphonist View Post

yeah true. it is just one that is harder to keep under control than weed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julz View Post

I'm warning you.

No one else; just you.

oh, oh!
#30 Old 05-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia82 View Post

Definitely not my cup of tea either!! I've seen it mess up quite a few people in my time.

True. I do agree that has much more potential to do so than weed.

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page