Marijuana - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 59Likes

#61 Old 05-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Dad Gives 2 year old son battling with Brain Cancer Medical Marijuana

I'll just leave this here.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 05-04-2011, 12:38 AM
Veggie Regular

I am so confused.
#63 Old 05-04-2011, 12:46 AM
Veggie Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA-zh_RSVFU
Part one of six but all 6 parts are well worth the watch.
"High Society" - David Suzuki The Nature of things

Part 2 has great case examples (a woman and boy who were using prescription cannabis)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZglMx...eature=related

☮ ♥ (: Ⓥ
http://empatheticvegan.tumblr.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 05-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Banned

Wow, I never thought I would see this side of Willie Nelson. That man is very eloquent! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6tA3HxA9oQ&feature=player_embedded

Thanks Vegansarawr, will definitely check out those videos. Love David Suzuki's work.
#65 Old 05-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Banned

Here are links to studies that have found that marijuana smoke is not harmful to lungs and how marijuana has been found to decrease cancerous tumors:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0417193338.htm

http://blog.norml.org/2009/08/18/if-...bout-it-right/

as you can see from the norml links, we have known this for over 10 years (1997)!
#66 Old 05-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh James xVx View Post

The proponents were from various backgrounds, including one group of law enforcement officials and former law enforcement officials called Law Enforcement Against Prohibition. Your silly stereotypes belong in the seventies, not the modern era. The movement to decriminalize and eventually legalize cannabis is not some silly stoner initiative. It is a serious, long term campaign with teeth, and it will eventually pass. In fact I'd say it's very likely to pass the very next time it's proposed. Public support for it continues to increase dramatically every new time it comes up.

And someone needs to learn what a joke is.

"If you are lonely when you're alone, you are in bad company."
Jean-Paul Sartre
#67 Old 05-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayamon View Post

some of the peeps here are totally awesome. .

Oh, I know.
#68 Old 05-04-2011, 02:04 PM

I dont care if its bad for me or not; as long as I can have pot I'm happy.
#69 Old 05-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

A perfect example of the benefits. Poor little guy.

Our Generation has had no Great war, no Great Depression. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.
#70 Old 05-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

#71 Old 05-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in favor of legalizing it.
#72 Old 05-05-2011, 03:32 AM
Veggie Regular

There's been a moral panic in my hometown over the suicide of a kid who was smoking or snorting or whatever they do these days substances that are supposed to mimic pot. I don't really know the specifics, but it's stupid that kids are now turning to actual substances that are dangerous (nosebleeds and bleeding from the mouth, hallucinations, psychosis) rather than something that's relatively not too harmful. It's sold somewhat commonly around here (I see it in my favorite sketchy indian grocery/gas station) for like $15 for a little pouch.

This is stupid, stupid, stupid. So, of course, this stuff is getting banned left and right, which doesn't really solve the underlying problems. No matter what, the kids are going to find some way to get high, whether it's sniffing glue or smoking pot, and it's definitely a whole lot safer to just legalize weak strains and let them figure out stuff safely.
#73 Old 05-05-2011, 05:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt View Post

There's been a moral panic in my hometown over the suicide of a kid who was smoking or snorting or whatever they do these days substances that are supposed to mimic pot. I don't really know the specifics, but it's stupid that kids are now turning to actual substances that are dangerous (nosebleeds and bleeding from the mouth, hallucinations, psychosis) rather than something that's relatively not too harmful. It's sold somewhat commonly around here (I see it in my favorite sketchy indian grocery/gas station) for like $15 for a little pouch.

This is stupid, stupid, stupid. So, of course, this stuff is getting banned left and right, which doesn't really solve the underlying problems. No matter what, the kids are going to find some way to get high, whether it's sniffing glue or smoking pot, and it's definitely a whole lot safer to just legalize weak strains and let them figure out stuff safely.

I think you are talking of this stuff: Salvia Divinorum.

And you are right... nothing like pot. Soul-shattering, ego-destroying hallucinogen. Having experienced both, Salvia is no recreational drug. You need to be psychologically healthy, in a safe environment with a trip-sitter to travel with Salvia. Having cosmic elves fold you into origami and feed you through soul-ripping chaos-shredders is not my idea of fun. People have committed suicide on this stuff, and it is banned here in Ohio for that reason, because they totally loose touch with their bodies, don't know what they are doing while tripping, and sometimes kill themselves intentionally to make the trip stop.

"It is far better to be happy than to have your bodies act as graveyards for animals. Accordingly, the apostle Matthew partook of seeds, nuts and vegetables, without flesh"- Clement of Alexandria
#74 Old 05-05-2011, 09:05 AM
Banned

I personally prefer that both of my feet are planted firmly on the ground, but am in favour of total legalization of marijuana (and other drugs).
#75 Old 05-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeannem View Post

I personally prefer that both of my feet are planted firmly on the ground, but am in favour of total legalization of marijuana (and other drugs).

While I prefer to speed through the cosmos, this is most certainly best achieved without any drugs at all. Marijuana should of course be legal, but it's best not to use anything at all.
#76 Old 05-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Veggie Regular

i'm confused.

are we allowed to talk about it or not?
#77 Old 05-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasher View Post

i'm confused.

are we allowed to talk about it or not?

Medical marijuana is legal in many states, so if you are a patient discussing use is legal. However if you are not a patient and do not live in an area with legal medical marijuana its not a good idea to talk about use.

Pretty sure its fine to talk about legalization, benefits, downfalls, news stories, scientific studies and campaigns for legalization.
I participate in many of the marijuana threads here on vb and have never been warned or my posts been removed
#78 Old 05-05-2011, 10:50 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post

While I prefer to speed through the cosmos, this is most certainly best achieved without any drugs at all. Marijuana should of course be legal, but it's best not to use anything at all.

Why not? We are all going to end up worm food sooner or later, so why not change your perception, expand your mind, and look at things through a different light for an hour or 2, every now and again. Fear of the unknown hinders us from too many interesting things, in my opinion.

Our Generation has had no Great war, no Great Depression. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives.
#79 Old 05-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Ira
Banned

oh, Salvia. it is legal here. i never tried it, just was a trip sitter for a friend. It did last only like 5 minutes and she said it isn't bad, but i don't think it if for me.
#80 Old 05-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Roto, what potency was it? (5x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x, 100x) You are supposed to work your way up. Buddhists take salvia, it is supposed to be zen out of body stuff if you do it right.
#81 Old 05-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Veggie Regular

While from what I've heard salvia is crazy, I don't think that's what katt was talking about. I think she meant things like "K2" which are synthetic compounds made to mimic maijuana's effects.

don't take my life away, don't take my life away.
#82 Old 05-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxyphonist View Post

While from what I've heard salvia is crazy, I don't think that's what katt was talking about.

#83 Old 05-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspireToInspire View Post

Roto, what potency was it? (5x, 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x, 100x) You are supposed to work your way up. Buddhists take salvia, it is supposed to be zen out of body stuff if you do it right.

20x. But the experience I described happened after smoking it after I had fasted for three days. Not recommended. Its universe shattering stuff. I experienced 100 different lives, entire lives I might add from birth to death, simultaneously. I thought I was dying and didn't even know I had taken it. One thing it did do was make me glad I was a mortal. I experienced eternity and decided it wasn't for me. Too scary.

That's the only time I've "broken through" as salvia heads say. I've have done smaller doses of less potency before and experienced a calming effect, and a weird gravity to the left. But nothing like the time I described above.

"It is far better to be happy than to have your bodies act as graveyards for animals. Accordingly, the apostle Matthew partook of seeds, nuts and vegetables, without flesh"- Clement of Alexandria
#84 Old 05-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

While from what I've heard salvia is crazy, I don't think that's what katt was talking about. I think she meant things like "K2" which are synthetic compounds made to mimic maijuana's effects.

Yep. Kids these days call it potpourri or bath salts. They often contain JWH compounds or Mephedrone, which are chemicals with some naaasty side effects.

Salvia, on the other hand.. that's been illegal here for a few years, and nothing like pot from what friends have told me.
#85 Old 05-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoshave View Post

20x. But the experience I described happened after smoking it after I had fasted for three days. Not recommended. Its universe shattering stuff. I experienced 100 different lives, entire lives I might add from birth to death, simultaneously. I thought I was dying and didn't even know I had taken it. One thing it did do was make me glad I was a mortal. I experienced eternity and decided it wasn't for me. Too scary.

That's the only time I've "broken through" as salvia heads say. I've have done smaller doses of less potency before and experienced a calming effect, and a weird gravity to the left. But nothing like the time I described above.

Salvia can get you higher than acid, just for a shorter period of time... at least thats what my friends tell me
And I am not recommending anyone to do what my friends have done.

☮ ♥ (: Ⓥ
http://empatheticvegan.tumblr.com/
#86 Old 05-05-2011, 06:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Salvias legal, and it makes you paranoid. I want to try it

Check out my vegan blog! http://teenagetreehugger.tumblr.com/
#87 Old 05-05-2011, 06:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I think you are talking of this stuff: Salvia Divinorum.

And you are right... nothing like pot. Soul-shattering, ego-destroying hallucinogen. Having experienced both, Salvia is no recreational drug. You need to be psychologically healthy, in a safe environment with a trip-sitter to travel with Salvia. Having cosmic elves fold you into origami and feed you through soul-ripping chaos-shredders is not my idea of fun. People have committed suicide on this stuff, and it is banned here in Ohio for that reason, because they totally loose touch with their bodies, don't know what they are doing while tripping, and sometimes kill themselves intentionally to make the trip stop.

No, actually, he is talking about substances such as K2 and Spice. I did them, and I thought because they were legal, they were OK. Long story short, I ended up in an ambulance that night. I wrote a whole essay on what happened if anyone wants to read it.

Check out my vegan blog! http://teenagetreehugger.tumblr.com/
#88 Old 05-05-2011, 07:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamLayish View Post

No, actually, he is talking about substances such as K2 and Spice.

Yeh. ****ty crap.

m8itcanw8.com
#89 Old 05-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Universe shattering is right! I can't imagine how crazy that must have been after a 2 day fast. I've done salvia a few times and it's always like getting torn from reality and plunked into some new and terrifying space for about 10 minutes. The last time I did it the air became crunchy and my E.T. doll came to life and waved at me, interesting times...

I can totally see why it's legal in Canada and many other places, it's really not a recreational drug at all. While I've heard of the occasional enjoyable experience mostly it makes people uncomfortable and freaks them out, plus the duration is so short. If anything I'd think buying some salvia from the store and experiencing some harmless but frightening weirdness would be a good way to deter teenagers from further experimentation

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#90 Old 05-05-2011, 07:49 PM

I think it should be legalized. It's not like people don't smoke it just because it's illegal, right?
And the government thinks cannabis is so bad, yet they subsidize corn farms to produce cheap, crappy food to feed us that cause obesity, diabetes, heart problems, etc.? They allow Monsanto to patent all sorts of 'crops' (Although, is a half-orange-half-moth really an orange?) and grow all their GMOs. The gov. allows no good, very bad, horrible rotten chemicals to be showered on said crops, such as Monitor, RoundUp, and Atrazine. They allow cigarettes and cigars. They allow fast food.... I think you get it.
You can grow marijuana in your own home or in your garden (depending on where you live). You can smoke it if you want, you can vaporize it, make tea with it, or what have you. It's a hallucinogen, yes, and it deserves respect and should not be abused. But it eases pain for people with all sorts of problems. It's not that bad, as long as you use it sparingly.

However, buying marijuana can be risky. Plus, they do genetically engineer it nowadays to have more of a hallucingenic effect than it would have if you grew it yourself.
But really, it's much worse to get drunk on alcohol containing gelatin and isinglass that has been processed with animal bones, causing liver and mouth cancer than to get baked off of an herb.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page