Now that Obama has come clean - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Red
Veggie Regular

isn't it about time that Sarah produces a birth certificate for Trig? Why is the MSM covering this up?

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/w...ory/index.html

Quote:
Trig Trutherism, the surprisingly resilient conspiracy theory that Sarah Palin is not actually the mother of 3-year-old Trig Palin, is experiencing a boomlet thanks to a new academic paper that endorses the concept. Long pursued by the blogger Andrew Sullivan and a significant segment of the Palin-hating left, Trig Trutherism holds that Trig's real mother is either Bristol Palin or some third party, and that Sarah Palin herself faked the pregnancy to avoid embarrassment for her daughter or for political gain or some combination of reasons.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-28-2011, 10:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh my dear God.
#3 Old 04-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Red
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

Oh my dear God.

There are at least a couple of current VB members that were very vocal proponents of this theory at one time. I wonder if they still are? If not, maybe they could tell us what changed their minds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-28-2011, 11:38 AM
mlp
Banned

It's idiotic and always has been idiotic.

So, Red, show us the stats that say it's won as widespread acceptance as the birther nonsense has.

ETA: Nice to see you pop back on, just as I predicted Red. You and HJ are sort of like Mary and her little lamb - it's rather heartwarming.
#5 Old 04-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, I've seen polls that claim 50% of Republicans believe the birther nonsense. I don't know who this writer thinks makes up "a significant segment of the Palin-hating left", but even liberal leaning blogs like Huffington Post are disowning this nonsense, and it doesn't have any traction in the mainstream media. I can't imagine more than 5% of Democrats are along for the ride on this one.

--Fromper
#6 Old 04-28-2011, 01:32 PM

I agree that the birther silliness is more prevalent, but 50%? Nah, I can't buy that at all. I've spent a lot of time around Republican, right-wing sort of folks (including some politically active, RTL types), and I think I only know one person/couple who really believes this stupidity.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#7 Old 04-28-2011, 01:42 PM
mlp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

I agree that the birther silliness is more prevalent, but 50%? Nah, I can't buy that at all. I've spent a lot of time around Republican, right-wing sort of folks (including some politically active, RTL types), and I think I only know one person/couple who really believes this stupidity.

I know quite a few, but then I'm in a very Republican county. My best friend, who lives in HJ's neck of the woods, is likewise surrounded by birthers.
#8 Old 04-28-2011, 01:44 PM
mlp
Banned

It's one of those theories that is on its face improbable and illogical - who is much more likely to give birth to a child with Downs Syndrome - a teenager or a middle aged woman?
#9 Old 04-28-2011, 03:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Quote:
An alarming poll from CBS News and the New York Times last week found that nearly 70 percent of Republicans either believed President Obama wasn't born on American soil or weren't sure.

Now, in the wake of President Obama's decision to release his long-form birth certificate Tuesday morning, there is a bit of encouraging news: According to a snap poll conducted by Survey USA, 24 percent of Republicans say that doubts they previously had about where Obama was born have been erased and that they are now satisfied that their president was born here.

But there is also discouraging news: More than half of Republicans still aren't buying Obama's story. 18 percent of them told Survey USA that they consider the long-form a forgery, and another 33 percent say they still have doubt. Moreover, nearly 60 percent of Republicans say that they either still consider Obama's birthplace to be open to debate or aren't sure, and 33 percent claim that the president was "definitely" or "probably" born elsewhere.

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/b...8/birther_poll

"If you want to know where you would have stood on slavery before the civil war, don't look at where you stand on slavery today, look at where you stand on animal rights." - Paul Watson.

Every animal you eat
was running for her life

#10 Old 04-28-2011, 03:22 PM
Banned

i think congress could pass a law requiring sarah and trig to have dna analysis. since we're busy worrying about analyzing birth certificates and grades, why not?
#11 Old 04-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayamon View Post

i think congress could pass a law requiring sarah and trig to have dna analysis. since we're busy worrying about analyzing birth certificates and grades, why not?

You really need to include a smiley as an aid for the sarcasm impaired when you make comments like this. Otherwise, some Palin fan will come in here and use you as "proof" that all liberals are nut job conspiracy theorists.

--Fromper
#12 Old 04-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

some Palin fan

Still amazed that this is a real thing
#13 Old 04-29-2011, 03:35 AM
Red
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

It's one of those theories that is on its face improbable and illogical - who is much more likely to give birth to a child with Downs Syndrome - a teenager or a middle aged woman?

It may seem improbable and illogical in hindsight, but it wasn't exactly rejected out of hand in the heat of the election:

https://www.veggieboards.com/newvb/sh...=1#post1998303
#14 Old 04-29-2011, 04:04 AM

Notes some tongue in cheek in the linked thread.

mlp, sounds like I've just been lucky. We haven't spent a lot of time in Michigan since 2008, so maybe my radar is off a bit too. Most everyone I know from my childhood votes Republican these days (and their parents too). I'll have to bring it up when we're there in the summer. Should make for an interesting conversation at my sister's wedding

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#15 Old 04-29-2011, 05:31 AM
Ex-*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post

There are at least a couple of current VB members that were very vocal proponents of this theory at one time. I wonder if they still are? If not, maybe they could tell us what changed their minds.

Quote:

It may seem improbable and illogical in hindsight, but it wasn't exactly rejected out of hand in the heat of the election:

Oh noes, it appears my teasing was more hurtful to some than I had imagined! I'm so sorry you've had to struggle with this for the past 3 years. I didn't realise this kind of sarcastic comment would make me a "very vocal proponent" (esp. because of my very next post in the thread), but if that belief can help you sleep better at night, then I will gladly be your very own Trig Truther.

Cast your minds back to the 2008 campaign folks:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Summer View Post

I'm concerned that Palin hasn't been thoroughly vetted. There are some nasty rumours going around about how she wasn't really pregnant, and that the child is really her grandchild. And then there's this whole troopergate thing as well. Oh, what a mess! Oh dear, oh dear.

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)
#16 Old 04-29-2011, 06:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

isn't it about time that Sarah produces a birth certificate for Trig? Why is the MSM covering this up?

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/w...ory/index.html

Perhaps because few, if any people, care and she is not that important?
#17 Old 04-29-2011, 06:24 AM
Veggie Regular

The name "Trig" is odd to me.

"Yes! Live! Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Auntie Mame
#18 Old 04-29-2011, 07:00 AM
Banned

Isnt it about time that the left gave up on Palin?
She isnt president, she isnt a governor, she isnt even on a community councel as far as I know.

how about we stop trying to hide obamas shortcomings behind Palin questions.

If (and I doubt it will ever happen) Palin becomes president, then go ahead and ask about these questions.

But even still, I was not aware that raising your daughters child was an offense worthy of keeping someone out of the White House.
#19 Old 04-29-2011, 09:04 AM
mlp
Banned

Uh, Fatman? Red sits on your side of the aisle.
#20 Old 04-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

But even still, I was not aware that raising your daughters child was an offense worthy of keeping someone out of the White House.

I've found it in interesting that her supporters have been silent about that, Bristol having a child out of wedlock, Palin having many children and appearing to wear the pants in her family. All of the things her supporters focus their hate on for inner city, poor, African Amercians. My suspicion is that if Palin were African American her supporters never would have been her supporters.
#21 Old 04-29-2011, 09:21 AM
mlp
Banned

Quote:

It takes either balls or a complete lack of a humor detector to post that in support of your little thesis.
#22 Old 04-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanocobalamin View Post

I've found it in interesting that her supporters have been silent about that, Bristol having a child out of wedlock, Palin having many children and appearing to wear the pants in her family. All of the things her supporters focus their hate on for inner city, poor, African Amercians. My suspicion is that if Palin were African American her supporters never would have been her supporters.

no question. palin gets a free pass from her supporters, despite the apparent contradiction with the fundie ideals. had she been a black woman?
#23 Old 04-29-2011, 09:29 AM
mlp
Banned

Quote:

no question. palin gets a free pass from her supporters, despite the apparent contradiction with the fundie ideals. had she been a black woman?

It's the same with Rush and his drug addiction.
#24 Old 04-29-2011, 10:14 AM
Red
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Summer View Post

Oh noes, it appears my teasing was more hurtful to some than I had imagined! I'm so sorry you've had to struggle with this for the past 3 years. I didn't realise this kind of sarcastic comment would make me a "very vocal proponent" (esp. because of my very next post in the thread), but if that belief can help you sleep better at night, then I will gladly be your very own Trig Truther.

Actually, you weren't one of the people that came to mind - I didn't even realize you had commented on it. Your's was just the first post that came up on a search, and I wasn't going to devote a whole lot more time to it. You can get down off the cross now. Easter is over.
#25 Old 04-29-2011, 10:24 AM
Red
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Maybe you aren't familiar with the word 'supporter', but that's pretty much the definition. Someone that supports?

Like, if a person finds a reason to withdraw support and they don't give someone a pass, then that takes them out of the pool of people labeled "supporters"? And so they aren't supporters anymore?
#26 Old 04-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Banned

Quote:

Uh, Fatman? Red sits on your side of the aisle.

I dont actually have a "side" of an isle, Im registered as non-affiliated for a reason.
I dont agree with the republicans 100%, I dont agree with the democrats 100% (although if forced to pick on or the other, as of this moment in time I would certainly go republican)

To further this, I didnt like McCain when I met him in Alaska many years ago, I didnt like him when he ran for the nomination in 2000 and I didnt like him when he ran against obama. To me, Palin, although a nice enough lady Im sure, was not what I would call a good fit for President or Vice President.

I did however hold my nose tightly and vote for the McCain Palin ticket just because I did not like at all what obama was saying.. think back to him saying he was going to make energy costs sky rocket, and his socialized health care..
#27 Old 04-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Banned

oh, and if its any interest, I will not take part in any bashing of the obama children either, its not their fault they were born to anti Americans.

I wish them only the best.
#28 Old 04-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Maybe you aren't familiar with the word 'supporter', but that's pretty much the definition. Someone that supports?

Like, if a person finds a reason to withdraw support and they don't give someone a pass, then that takes them out of the pool of people labeled "supporters"? And so they aren't supporters anymore?

The point is that the same people who routinely condemn inner city teens for having sex and getting pregnant out of wedlock are very supportive of the Palin family, despite Bristol having done the exact same thing. Why is that?

--Fromper
#29 Old 04-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Red
Veggie Regular

Quote:

It takes either balls or a complete lack of a humor detector to post that in support of your little thesis.

I'm just amazed at the passion Palin still generates on the left. You, yourself, were right in the thick of it back then, grasping at every rumor trickling out of the blogosphere. And now going on 3 years afterwards, you still can't enough of Sarah.
#30 Old 04-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

The point is that the same people who routinely condemn inner city teens for having sex and getting pregnant out of wedlock are very supportive of the Palin family, despite Bristol having done the exact same thing. Why is that?

--Fromper

isnt that an excellent question?
I think it is.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page