The TEA Party And Racism - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-28-2011, 04:44 AM
Veggie Regular

This is a fascinating video because a TEA party member made it to refute claims that the TEA party is racist, but he makes racist comments all throughout the video without being aware that he is doing so.

I guess that is the nature of racism though. If you know you are making an unfair judgment of an individual based on their race, then you aren't racist. You know you are making unfair judgments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cLxQ4B23_g&feature=player_embedded
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Veggie Regular

This guy can't possibly be serious.

*past experiences and general common sense kick in*

Damn, he is serious.

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
#3 Old 04-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post

This guy can't possibly be serious.

*past experiences and general common sense kick in*

Damn, he is serious.

Remember that line from the movie Jerry McGuire? "You had me at 'Hello'"? He lost me right at the start of the video with the mocking affect at the begining ( "Mmmmmm. Mmmmmmm.").
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Veggie Regular

I like how he says Barak Hussein Obama like he's a tasty morsel.

"Negro race pimps?"

Funny how his basic argument is "where not racists because we are trying to protect America from your kind." Um... isn't that racism?

"It is far better to be happy than to have your bodies act as graveyards for animals. Accordingly, the apostle Matthew partook of seeds, nuts and vegetables, without flesh"- Clement of Alexandria
#5 Old 04-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Veggie Regular

It tells me very quickly where someone comes from if when referring to the President, they use his full name and put emphasis on his middle name.
#6 Old 04-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Veggie Regular

maybe ya'll should look at the racism so rampant in the movements of the left which has been so pronounced as of late.

just a quick example:

http://urbangrounds.com/2011/02/racist-liberals/
#7 Old 04-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanocobalamin View Post

This is a fascinating video because a TEA party member made it to refute claims that the TEA party is racist, but he makes racist comments all throughout the video without being aware that he is doing so.

I guess that is the nature of racism though. If you know you are making an unfair judgment of an individual based on their race, then you aren't racist. You know you are making unfair judgments.

he lives in a very small little world.
#8 Old 04-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Ankle Biter

If this guy is for real, he's very, very scary.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#9 Old 04-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Veggie Regular

If the president was a white dude named Bob Smith, there wouldn't even be a Tea Party. Of course it's racist.

But because Barack HOOOOSANE Obama is in the white house, racist pieces of **** like this guy want to "take back their country."
#10 Old 04-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

If the president was a white dude named Bob Smith, there wouldn't even be a Tea Party. Of course it's racist.

But because Barack HOOOOSANE Obama is in the white house, racist pieces of **** like this guy want to "take back their country."

yes that's it, it's all because a half white half black man was elected president, it couldn't possibly have anything at all to do with his policies.
#11 Old 04-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbivorous B.I.G. View Post

So when President Bush was in office, all of those opposed to him were racist?
Or is it only if you disagree with the ideas of a black man like obama?

I wonder how all those black people that are in the Tea Party can even sleep at night knowing how much they hate themselves for being black.

I would suspect that this is something created by a non Tea Party person that is trying to discredit the Tea Party.

If I showed up at an obama rally and started chanting kill all the white people, would you think I was for real, or that maybe I was trying to cast doubt on the crowds true intentions.

Take it for what it is. The Tea Party is against the policies of the over the top liberal left because of their ideas, not because of their color.
What is going on here is an attempt at painting all Tea Party members as racist in hopes that others will not join for fear of being racist themselves.

Tea Party is not Racist, the racists are those that oppose them.
#12 Old 04-28-2011, 11:26 AM

ur a racist
no, ur a racist
no, u are
no, u are
u suck
u suck more

username = american
password = id10t
#13 Old 04-28-2011, 11:35 AM
Red
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

So when President Bush was in office, all of those opposed to him were racist?

You mean the people constantly complaining about old white men?

That had nothing to do with age, sex, or race.
#14 Old 04-28-2011, 12:53 PM
mlp
Banned

The Tea Partiers are idiots. Some are racist idiots.
#15 Old 04-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post

You mean the people constantly complaining about old white men?

That had nothing to do with age, sex, or race.

Hi Red.

One of the things I always tell my friends that sets me apart from conservatives is that I value truth above all else, whether it lands on my side of the argument or not. If the truth does not land on my side of the argument, I will admit that my viewpoint was wrong and then I will do what is relevant to clean up a problem if that is necessary.

I rarely see those things happen with people on the far right. Sadly, sometimes, with liberals I see the same deer-in-the-headlights stunned response when they are proven wrong.

You have a point.

People who go on about "old white men" really are not in the best position to talk about other people's sexism or racism without looking like hypocrites.
#16 Old 04-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by havocjohn View Post

yes that's it, it's all because a half white half black man was elected president, it couldn't possibly have anything at all to do with his policies.

what about the policies of the idiots before obama? where was the tea party when g.w. bush marched us into the iraq war based on wmd that just weren't there?
#17 Old 04-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I like the way you use emoticons as punctuation.

"It is far better to be happy than to have your bodies act as graveyards for animals. Accordingly, the apostle Matthew partook of seeds, nuts and vegetables, without flesh"- Clement of Alexandria
#18 Old 04-28-2011, 01:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayamon View Post

what about the policies of the idiots before obama? where was the tea party when g.w. bush marched us into the iraq war based on wmd that just weren't there?

You mean when the nation had an unemployment rate of 5%, and the economy was doing well...... probably working. It wasn't until Democrats had a year and half running congress before the economy tanked and the deficiet doubled.

You mean the wmd's that Kerry, both Clintons and a host of other Democrats were claiming to be in Iraq?
#19 Old 04-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoshave View Post

I like the way you use emoticons as punctuation.

kool!
#20 Old 04-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

You mean when the nation had an unemployment rate of 5%, and the economy was doing well...... probably working. It wasn't until Democrats had a year and half running congress before the economy tanked and the deficiet doubled.

You mean the wmd's that Kerry, both Clintons and a host of other Democrats were claiming to be in Iraq?

what you have yet to realize is that all presidents, dems and pubes, are pieces of fecal matter. The best recent president was Clinton, who was at least able to balance the national budget during his presidency, which Bush destroyed upon election to office.

#21 Old 04-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

what you have yet to realize is that all presidents, dems and pubes, are pieces of fecal matter. The best recent president was Clinton, who was at least able to balance the national budget during his presidency, which Bush destroyed upon election to office.

actually it wasn't Clinton who balanced the budget even though he gets credit for it, the House of Representatives are charged with that responsibility, so the credit should in reality go to Gingrich for that.

As to destroying the budget; since Nancy Pelosi took office in 2007 the Democratic congress added 5 trillion dollars to the national debt from 2007-2011 when she left office, the Democratic lead congress destroyed the budget.... but if we want to blame the President it is a fact the current President has amassed monthly deficits which equal or surpass Bush's yrly deficits..... those are facts.

oh I almost forgot; I have known politicians in general are pieces of fecel matter, some tend to stink more than others..... such is life.
#22 Old 04-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

actually it wasn't Clinton who balanced the budget even though he gets credit for it, the House of Representatives are charged with that responsibility, so the credit should in reality go to Gingrich for that.

As to destroying the budget; since Nancy Pelosi took office in 2007 the Democratic congress added 5 trillion dollars to the national debt from 2007-2011 when she left office, the Democratic lead congress destroyed the budget.... but if we want to blame the President it is a fact the current President has amassed monthly deficits which equal or surpass Bush's yrly deficits..... those are facts.

See, this kind of conversation is pointless and silly because all presidents are douche bags and not looking out for the best interests of the people. If you still believe that either the Republicans or the Democrats have some magic pill for America that we should take and that will fix everything, you are sorely mistaken. Historically the Democrats have been more in tune to the wishes of the people than the Republicans and more willing to favor the poor over the rich. But now a days they are in the same bed with the pubes, so it doesn't really matter does it? Both parties are hopelessly corrupt.

#23 Old 04-28-2011, 01:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I see havocjohn uploads on YouTube.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#24 Old 04-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

See, this kind of conversation is pointless and silly because all presidents are douche bags and not looking out for the best interests of the people. If you still believe that either the Republicans or the Democrats have some magic pill for America that we should take and that will fix everything, you are sorely mistaken. Historically the Democrats have been more in tune to the wishes of the people than the Republicans and more willing to favor the poor over the rich. But now a days they are in the same bed with the pubes, so it doesn't really matter does it? Both parties are hopelessly corrupt.

I don't disagree for the most part, there are very few politicians I find useful, Ron Paul for President baby!
#25 Old 04-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I see havocjohn uploads on YouTube.

SS dont give up you day job; a comedian you are not.
#26 Old 04-28-2011, 01:37 PM
mlp
Banned

Rotoshave, oh dear, you're blowing to bits the presumption of certain elements of the far right that all liberals are starry eyed kool aid drinkers.

But that's O.K., because they'll retreat to their fallback position, that the left is simply disenchanted with Obama.

It's what I love about them - the ability to be concvinced of mutually exclusive things at the same time.
#27 Old 04-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

SS dont give up you day job; a comedian you are not.

I take my comment back. That guy didn't compare slavery to what the Irish went through so I don't think it's actually you.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#28 Old 04-28-2011, 01:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

Rotoshave, oh dear, you're blowing to bits the presumption of certain elements of the far right that all liberals are starry eyed kool aid drinkers.

But that's O.K., because they'll retreat to their fallback position, that the left is simply disenchanted with Obama.

It's what I love about them - the ability to be concvinced of mutually exclusive things at the same time.

Sounds more like you are describing the left...... isn't it the left calling for the down fall of coorperations while at the same time calling for jobs to be created? That's just one example off the top of my head that comes to mind.
#29 Old 04-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I take my comment back. That guy didn't compare slavery to what the Irish went through so I don't think it's actually you.

compare slavery to what the Irish went through? Oh you mean when the English tried to commit genocide on the Irish population and shipped thousands of Irish men women and children to the new world as slaves?

I can see how that historical record might not sit well with some.
#30 Old 04-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

Yep. The pubes are resilient, I'll give them that. They don't let logic stand in the way of getting it done!

Quote:

Sounds more like you are describing the left...... isn't it the left calling for the down fall of coorperations while at the same time calling for jobs to be created? That's just one example off the top of my head that comes to mind.

A certain segment of the left, not the dems generally (they love corporate money and financing as much as the pubes do). Anyways, how are the two mutually exclusive, especially given that strengthing small business and local economies would create more jobs, better job security and, by the way, would help the environment?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page