Trump Says U.S. Should Seize Iraqi Oil Fields... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-18-2011, 05:13 PM
Impeach the gangster

...as reimbursement for our investment.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2011...-and-iraq.html

Would this be called a hostile takeover?

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd consider it a breach of the sovereignty of another nation, and further evidence that Trump is an unelectable talking head.

Tam! RUGH!
#3 Old 04-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Banned

trump is just a flash in the pan. i'm hoping he runs independently, and splits the republican ticket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Banned

Trump is a ****.
#5 Old 04-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah but he wants to get out of the wars? This is hypocritical. Get out of Iraq but seize their oil?

“May all sentient beings be free of pain and suffering.  May all sentient beings experience eternal joy and happiness.  gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.”
http://www.facebook.com/doktormartini
http://twitter.com/#!/MartyBaureis
http://doktormartini.tumblr.com

#6 Old 04-19-2011, 02:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

...as reimbursement for our investment.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2011...-and-iraq.html

Would this be called a hostile takeover?

I think it's just theft of company property at this point.

Keep on freepin' on

#7 Old 04-19-2011, 02:24 AM
Veggie Regular

I honestly believe that if Trump were to run with Palin, they'd have a good chance of winning. That terrifies me.

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man
#8 Old 04-19-2011, 06:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I would enjoy watching them run together, both have big egos. Their clashes would be most entertaining.
#9 Old 04-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Some people make a lot of money by filling genuine human needs and selling their product. These are not all good people, and I don't want to idolize billionaires who got there by coming up with genuinely productive new business models or technologies, but they do, in a sense, get richer by creating wealth (Sergey Brin and Larry Page, etc). Trump isn't like that. He got richer basically by taking wealth from others -- for instance, by basically ripping off other investors in his projects. Example: if you're buying rights to a 3-bedroom condo on floor 15 of a Trump residential development for $1 million, you might find that Trump's contract specifies that, if there are technical changes in the layout of the building, you aren't entitled to compensation besides the closest equivalent in the new plans. Floor 15 gets converted to studio apartments worth $200,000. You get one of those instead. Trump pockets your $800,000.

It's hardly surprising that Trump, a man who got rich by stealing from others, sees the key to the USA's success as stealing from other nations.
#10 Old 04-19-2011, 02:45 PM
Veggie Regular

"So, in the old days, you know when you had a war, to the victor belong the spoils. You go in. You win the war and you take it."

And who declared the US the winner?
#11 Old 04-19-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsnip View Post

"So, in the old days, you know when you had a war, to the victor belong the spoils. You go in. You win the war and you take it."

And who declared the US the winner?

Don't you remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former President George Bush View Post

In this battle, we have fought for the cause of liberty and for the peace of the world. Our nation and our coalition are proud of this accomplishment, yet it is you, the members of the United States military, who achieved it. Your courage, your willingness to face danger for your country and for each other made this day possible.

Because of you our nation is more secure. Because of you the tyrant has fallen and Iraq is free.

#12 Old 04-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Banned

I say we should do it. The Iraqis think we are just a bunch of A-Holes (which we are, by the way, but so are they), so why not have something to show for it? All we would be doing is extracting a natural resource from the earth. What's the big deal?
#13 Old 04-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Veggie Regular

they're selling it on the world market. you got it already.
I would talk to OPEC about their oil subsidies where a gallon of gas costs 0.25USD in Venezuela and 0.45USD in Iran and Saudi Arabia. but the problem is the subsidy is popular and their rulers are not.

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
#14 Old 04-23-2011, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayamon View Post

trump is just a flash in the pan. i'm hoping he runs independently, and splits the republican ticket.

The only way trump would have a chance is to run republican. Independents dont usually have a chance with the republicans. At least not since Ross Perot split the ticket and gave Clinton the win.
If he runs for republican nomination it all depends on who the republicans have running at the same time, If its Palin, Trump is in.
As far as the presidential election, whoever the republicans run will get a ton of votes that include holding the nose by republicans, and by many democrats that think obama has let them down. (talk radio is starting to show a strong anti obama feeling among democrats right now) I suspect that obama will lose to whoever runs, unless it does turn out to be Palin, then all bets are off. Personally, I would seriously hold my nose and vote Palin. Maybe she would have a decent running mate that could take over after she is removed from office. She, like obama just does not have what I would consider enough experience to hold the position.
#15 Old 04-23-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

Maybe she would have a decent running mate that could take over after she is removed from office.

Or when she quits mid term!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page