How long, Glenn Beck? - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 02-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

:A follow up question to this, if you don't mind - do you ever vote for a Democratic candidate for national office? I don't consider myself a Democrat, but I effectively function as one when it comes to elections for federal office. I have never voted for a Republican for President or for the U.S. Congress. (Local elections are a different matter, since I often have known candidates personally and make my decisions accordingly.) I would most probably have voted for Colin Powell, had he thrown his hat into the ring against Clinton, and I might well have voted for McCain at one point. (Thank god that didn't happen; I have since realized the extent to which he is not the principled person he lead so many into believing him to be.)

Lately, no. As a young woman, I was a Democrat and am pretty sure I voted against Regan in 80 and 84. Several years ago I voted for Harry Reid.

I am pretty happy with my city council member who is Democrat. I voted for him last time and will again. I am sure here and there I have voted Democrat as well.

I agree about Colin Powell although I cannot remember much on the stands that he takes.

Ironically, I admire Jimmy Carter. Not because I agree much with him, but he has always struck me as a true believer. One of the few in politics. I think he wants to do good and for the right reasons. I feel the same way about Ron Paul.

I'm not sure about McCain.

Voting is an issue for me. The persons I respect and want for leadership never end up making it very far in the election process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 02-12-2011, 05:23 PM
mlp
Banned

Yeah, on a local level, I don't personally see much point in even paying attention whether someone has a D or an R next to his or her name. If I see an ad or get a mailer touting someone's "family values", I tend to automatically vote against him, because I see it as shameless, meaningless pandering. The same thing if they go on about abortion and/or gun rights - those are not issues that generally come up locally, so again, shameless pandering.

I feel your pain regarding voting. For a long time, I felt as though my approval was the kiss of death.
#63 Old 02-13-2011, 08:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Well, if you're the kiss of death and I'm the kiss of death, who the heck is getting elected?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#64 Old 02-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I am, obviously. My campaign platform will be the usually lies, then bam! Congress will get drugged and/or hypnotized by SS into banning factory farms and themselves immediately afterwards!

No one expects the Snowcone inquisition!

"A-yup. Ya wasted yer life, son"

- Old Man

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page