VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   The Compost Heap (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/17-compost-heap/)
-   -   AZ Congresswoman and over a dozen others shot (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/17-compost-heap/120715-az-congresswoman-over-dozen-others-shot.html)

Red 01-08-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by havocjohn View Post

The latest story I read implied the individual in question was a pot head loner, concerned about the enviroment..... sounds more like an elf or alf supporter to me than a Palin supporter.

It all becomes clear on his YouTube page:

http://www.youtube.com/classitup10#p/u

http://www.youtube.com/classitup10#p/u/1/nHoaZaLbqB4

delicioso 01-08-2011 07:05 PM

The guy seems crazy.

rockette79 01-08-2011 07:07 PM

This is so sad. I only recently moved away from AZ. That state is in such turmoil. I am very sad for the victims and their families.

GhostUser 01-08-2011 07:09 PM

You know it's a sad occurrence when on this veg*n board, some "grandfathered" ominvores gather to rationalize and dare I say, defend, the shooting of 19 people in Tucson AZ today. They should hide their heads in shame.

havocjohn 01-08-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post

It all becomes clear on his YouTube page:

http://www.youtube.com/classitup10#p/u

http://www.youtube.com/classitup10#p/u/1/nHoaZaLbqB4

sounds a little twisted..... to many good drugs?

havocjohn 01-08-2011 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

You know it's a sad occurrence when on this veg*n board, some "grandfathered" ominvores gather to rationalize and dare I say, defend, the shooting of 19 people in Tucson AZ today. They should hide their heads in shame.

what's a sad occurrence is when someone very new to a boad comes along and thinks they are the one that gets to make up the rules as they go.

What is also sad is when someone such as yourself ass/u/mes that anyone is defending anyone. Maybe instead of jumping to conclusions you ought to pull your head out and breath.

sorrowthepig 01-08-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

sounds a little twisted..... to many good drugs?

If you mean antipsychotics for schizophrenia, I'm gonna go with no.

havocjohn 01-08-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowthepig View Post

If you mean antipsychotics for schizophrenia, I'm gonna go with no.

I don't think what he was taking was prescribed.

GhostUser 01-08-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

what's a sad occurrence is when someone very new to a boad comes along and thinks they are the one that gets to make up the rules as they go.

What is also sad is when someone such as yourself ass/u/mes that anyone is defending anyone. Maybe instead of jumping to conclusions you ought to pull your head out and breath.

I'm not making any rules. Just offering observations based on recent posts made on these boards.

Have you denounced the shootings after attributing them to an ALF or ELF member? And to you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

And thanks for answering the roll call.

Red 01-08-2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Good to know you're not sad, then, since it didn't happen here.

OTOH, maybe it makes you sad to see people so hateful and partisan that their first instinct is to rub their hands in glee and think "oh... goody! Maybe we can get some political mileage out of this"?

havocjohn 01-08-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

I'm not making any rules. Just offering observations based on recent posts made on these boards.

Have you denounced the shootings after attributing them to an ALF or ELF member? And to you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

And thanks for answering the roll call.

where did I announce they were an alf or elf member? I think you need to take reading comprehension classes if that is what you think I wrote.

Answering the roll call? You need to quit ass/u/ming things about me. You have no idea what you are talking about. Did I presume you were talking about Red and I earlier; oh yeah. I do know that Red is a founding member of this board, and I am unsure if he is a veg#n or not; nor do I care, that his business. However, I know there are a few who continue to post ill informed allegations about me, in some twisted effort to prove their superiority in some manner. It is obvious you are among the ranks of the twisted legion.

I do know that it is a violation of the rules to try to intimidate someone into not posting so keep on making your assine allegations.

mlp 01-08-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenickie View Post

i am amazed that people don't realize that hateful, vile filled rhetoric about "killing our enemies here at home" and violence filled imagery leads to people who were on the edge already to go overboard and do things like this.

Agreed.

GhostUser 01-08-2011 08:34 PM

The youtube video clearly demonstrates the shooters ties to right wing ideas.

The conscious dreaming bit comes from David Icke, a bizzare British right wing commentator. The gold standard stuff is the eternal rant of Glen Beck. The poor English grammar bit of those living in the 8th district is a reference to Spanish speakers in the area.

Hell, even the Pima County Sheriff called Arizona a mecca of hate and bigotry and denounced right wing talk radio as an inciter of political violence.

GhostUser 01-08-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

where did I announce they were an alf or elf member? I think you need to take reading comprehension classes if that is what you think I wrote.

Answering the roll call? You need to quit ass/u/ming things about me. You have no idea what you are talking about. Did I presume you were talking about Red and I earlier; oh yeah. I do know that Red is a founding member of this board, and I am unsure if he is a veg#n or not; nor do I care, that his business. However, I know there are a few who continue to post ill informed allegations about me, in some twisted effort to prove their superiority in some manner. It is obvious you are among the ranks of the twisted legion.

I do know that it is a violation of the rules to try to intimidate someone into not posting so keep on making your assine allegations.

Post away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by you View Post

The latest story I read implied the individual in question was a pot head loner, concerned about the enviroment..... sounds more like an elf or alf supporter to me than a Palin supporter.

Have you denounced the shootings?

havocjohn 01-08-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Post away.

Have you denounced the shootings?

are you really suggesting that "sounds more like an elf or alf supporter to me than a Palin supporter." is the same as claiming they are a member of elf or alf? Did you drop out of jr high?

have I denounced the shooting....... what reason would I have to denounce it? I have nothing to do with it? Am I saddened by it sure. Am I going to lose sleep over it; no. Nor will I lose sleep over the people that were beheaded in Mexico, or those that were killed in the latest bombing of a Christian Church in the middle east, or the death of anyone I personally don't know.

Exactly what is it you think I need to denounce about this shooting?

GhostUser 01-08-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

are you really suggesting that "sounds more like an elf or alf supporter to me than a Palin supporter." is the same as claiming they are a member of elf or alf? Did you drop out of jr high?

I'm suggesting you tried and failed miserably to make the connection.

Quote:

have I denounced the shooting....... what reason would I have to denounce it? I have nothing to do with it? Am I saddened by it sure. Am I going to lose sleep over it; no. Nor will I lose sleep over the people that were beheaded in Mexico, or those that were killed in the latest bombing of a Christian Church in the middle east, or the death of anyone I personally don't know.

Exactly what is it you think I need to denounce about this shooting?

A simple statement that walking up to the Congresswoman from Arizona, pointing a gun at her, and shooting her in the face was a cowardly act would be fine.

havocjohn 01-08-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

The youtube video clearly demonstrates the shooters ties to right wing ideas.

The conscious dreaming bit comes from David Icke, a bizzare British right wing commentator. The gold standard stuff is the eternal rant of Glen Beck. The poor English grammar bit of those living in the 8th district is a reference to Spanish speakers in the area.

Hell, even the Pima County Sheriff called Arizona a mecca of hate and bigotry and denounced right wing talk radio as an inciter of political violence.

and one of his favorite books was Mien Kampf; a book that was written by an individual that adopted the ideals of the "progressive movement" of early 20th century American politicians such as Woodrow Wilson, and who current "progressive" politicians such as Hilary Clinton still claim to believe in.... as with a lot of individuals with twisted ideas, I highly doubt there is one simple answer to why this clown did what he did.

havocjohn 01-08-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

I'm suggesting you tried and failed miserably to make the connection.

failed miserably??? you are an idiot aren't you? are you related to eleven by any chance?

A simple statement that walking up to the Congresswoman from Arizona, pointing a gun at her, and shooting her in the face was a cowardly act would be fine.

I don't disagree that it is a cowardly act. But what exactly do I have to denounce? I had nothing to do with what this clown did? You have again made assine assumptions with no basis in fact about me..... so once again I can only suggest you pull your head out and breath.

GhostUser 01-08-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

I don't disagree that it is a cowardly act. But what exactly do I have to denounce? I had nothing to do with what this clown did? You have again made assine assumptions with no basis in fact about me..... so once again I can only suggest you pull your head out and breath.

It's been denounced by everyone from John McCain to John Boehner to her Republican colleagues from Arizona as a senseless violent act. For you to not denounce it implies you endorse it. Fair enough.

havocjohn 01-08-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

It's been denounced by everyone from John McCain to John Boehner to her Republican colleagues from Arizona as a senseless violent act. For you to not denounce it implies you endorse it. Fair enough.

let me guess, your not related to eleven, you are eleven...... isn't it a violation of the rules to have 2 accounts eleven?

oh and since I have not supported the actions of the individual a sane person would presume that an unspoken written condemnation of the action was implied, especially when one considers the other written words of an individual such as claiming hte individual was taking a lot of drugs, and other comments which anyone with half a brain would read as opposition to an act, not an endorsement of an act.

Red 01-08-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Just a quick check shows the majority of people in this thread apparently must endorse it, since only a few have come out and specifically denounced it.

havocjohn 01-08-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Since you have not openly denounced it yourself I guess that would imply you support the shooting?

GhostUser 01-08-2011 09:13 PM

I'm Lucky. Not sure about eleven.

I'm not surprised that you won't denounce the shooting given what I've read over the last few months. It's weak though.

GhostUser 01-08-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Since you have not openly denounced it yourself I guess that would imply you support the shooting?

I denounce it.

Again.

havocjohn 01-08-2011 09:16 PM

again? all you did earlier was show concern about those that support the 2nd amendment, I went and looked.

So based on your earlier post to me, we can conclude that the only reason you now proclaim to denounce it is because you were called on your implied support of it.

havocjohn 01-08-2011 09:18 PM

Quote:

You're ridiculous.

how so? according to you, unless someone came out and publicly denounced it they must support it, and Red is right, very few people on this thread have publicly denounced the shooting, they have made a lot of political statements though.

GhostUser 01-08-2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

again? all you did earlier was show concern about those that support the 2nd amendment, I went and looked.

So based on your earlier post to me, we can conclude that the only reason you now proclaim to denounce it is because you were called on your implied support of it.

I'm not going to play your game. You tried and failed to portray the shooter as an ALF or ELF member. You lose.

havocjohn 01-08-2011 09:22 PM

Quote:

I'm Lucky. Not sure about eleven.

I'm not surprised that you won't denounce the shooting given what I've read over the last few months. It's weak though.

what exactly you think I should do? do I agree wit h what this nut job did; no. Do I support what this nut job did; no. I am not a politician nor am I trying to earn brownie points by making some kind of public statement about a disturbed individual who killed at least 6 people this morning.

Since I have nothing to do with the situation my feeling about what happened are irrelevent, except in the course of a discussion about the topic. If you are too ignorant to comprehend that my written words are not in any way supportive of what this idiot did that is your limitation not mine; and I have no intention of apologizing for your limitations.

das_nut 01-08-2011 09:23 PM

I think it's pretty easy to tie the shooter to either the right wing or the left wing, depending on your bias.

From the guy's deleted myspace page:

Quote:
I had favorite books: Animal Farm, Brave New World, The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, The Odyssey, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Fahrenheit 451, Peter Pan, To Kill A Mockingbird, We The Living, Phantom Toll Booth, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, Pulp,Through The Looking Glass, The Communist Manifesto, Siddhartha, The Old Man And The Sea, Gulliver's Travels, Mein Kampf, The Republic, and Meno."

- Source.

And there's this:

Quote:
In a clip endorsed but not uploaded by Loughner, a person wearing a hooded sweatshirt and a black bin liner over his or her legs sets fire to an American flag sitting atop a mound of earth.

- Source

It seems he didn't like fiat money (he wanted money backed by the gold standard, a common tea bagger demand, but seemed offended by the "In God We Trust" motto on paper money, which isn't typical tea bagger territory).

Anyone who didn't bring an axe to grind is going to conclude that this guy is crazy.

havocjohn 01-08-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_nut View Post

Anyone who didn't bring an axe to grind is going to conclude that this guy is crazy.

aint that the truth!