Donald Trump running for US President in 2012? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Veggie Regular

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/d...mQ2UcNKIcCZxvI

So what does everyone think about it? I think he has the financial smarts to get us out of our mess, but I have no idea where he stands on other issues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Veggie Regular

His hair would probably do a better job than he would. I imagine he would have some ties to corporate interests.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#3 Old 01-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, I don't really know a whole lot about him I admit. But he's better than Palin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post

But he's better than Palin.

But isn't Palin the ideal candidate to have competing for the right-wingers?

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#5 Old 01-07-2011, 08:41 PM
mlp
Banned

Considering that The Donald's businesses have declared bankruptcy more than once, I don't think he has any particular financial smarts. He's good at self promotion, I grant you that, much like Palin. He's smarter than Palin, but then, who isn't?
#6 Old 01-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

Considering that The Donald's businesses have declared bankruptcy more than once, I don't think he has any particular financial smarts. He's good at self promotion, I grant you that, much like Palin. He's smarter than Palin, but then, who isn't?

Lady Gaga.

www.thesaucyvegan.com
#7 Old 01-07-2011, 08:45 PM

It's not the President's job to be an economist - not that Trump is one.

It would be an absolute disaster.
#8 Old 01-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

But isn't Palin the ideal candidate to have competing for the right-wingers?

I was hoping the right wingers would have a viable candidate this time. I am tired of choosing between the lesser of 2 evils every time I vote. I am not a big Obama fan.
#9 Old 01-07-2011, 08:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Well, maybe he's learned for his past mistakes? Of course one bankruptcy should have been enough to learn from.
#10 Old 01-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Veggie Regular

May his bid for the presidency be as successful as Meg Whitman's bid for governor.
#11 Old 01-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I was hoping the right wingers would have a viable candidate this time. I am tired of choosing between the lesser of 2 evils every time I vote. I am not a big Obama fan.

I don't like Obama that much either. However, I can't see how right-wingers could get someone better than him. Even if you're conservative or to the right on economic issues, wouldn't you at least care about other issues? Gay rights? The environment? ...Animals?

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#12 Old 01-08-2011, 04:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa View Post

May his bid for the presidency be as successful as Meg Whitman's bid for governor.

Seriously. There seems to be this idea amongst Republicans (and perhaps a few Democrats and Libertarians) that running a state or a country is just like running a large, successful business, and applying business tactics to politics will actually work. But it doesn't. Running a business is all about telling people how high to jump, and expecting everyone around you to be Yes Men. Politics is all about compromise. Arnold Schwarzenegger was used to getting his way when he was an actor and businessman, but then he got to Sacramento and discovered he couldn't function the same way.

*this space not for sale*
#13 Old 01-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Maybe the millions he'll waste, err, spend on his campain will help boost the economy?

--
The Twilight Is My Robe
#14 Old 01-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I don't like Obama that much either. However, I can't see how right-wingers could get someone better than him. Even if you're conservative or to the right on economic issues, wouldn't you at least care about other issues? Gay rights? The environment? ...Animals?

Well I don't think either side really cares about any of those things. The dems may just be slightly less hateful about it. What I'd really like to see a viable third party candidate. One who has more than a snowball's chance in hell of being elected.
#15 Old 01-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Well I don't think either side really cares about any of those things. The dems may just be slightly less hateful about it. What I'd really like to see a viable third party candidate. One who has more than a snowball's chance in hell of being elected.

Can't disagree on that one.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#16 Old 01-09-2011, 08:57 PM
mlp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodyElse View Post

Lady Gaga.

I think you just won 25 bonus points for the Lady Gaga Dissin' thread.
#17 Old 01-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, for one thing Trump wasn't born in the US! I mean, c'mon with that weird accent of his, he couldn't possibly be an American!
Also, he's totally in bed with the commies.....I mean literally!

Though his hair could qualify for vice presidency!
#18 Old 01-10-2011, 06:16 AM
Banned

I might actually be for Trump.. If he promised to turn to obama after swearing in and say,, "Your Fired"
#19 Old 01-10-2011, 06:33 AM
Veggie Regular

I'd be afraid he'd have ties to big business, but at the same time he wouldn't need any funding from big business to run. He can't be much worse than what we've had in there lately. My father can't stand him so it would be interesting having some political discussions.
#20 Old 01-10-2011, 06:46 AM
Banned

I hate the man. I want him to get his arse out of Scotland and stop trying to destroying a Site of Special Scientific Interest, a protected wildlife conservation area and not to mention a national nature reserve.
From his website about it:
"When I saw this piece of land I was overwhelmed by the imposing dunes and rugged Aberdeenshire coastline. I knew that this was the perfect site for Trump International - Scotland. I have never seen such an unspoiled and dramatic sea side landscape and the location makes it perfect for our development."

Yeah, unspoiled and what does he want to do it? Build "two 18-hole golf courses, a 450-room hotel, conference centre and spa, 36 golf villas, 950 holiday homes, accommodation for 400 staff and residential developments comprising 500 houses. " Wanker.

I don't like the fact that he chucked a load of money at the council and so they've bent over backwards and let him up their arse because it's MONEY!

So as you may have gathered, the fact that he might run for US president is incredibly scary because if he did happen to win you know full well that the UK government would also bend over backwards to him and probably do something illegal (or make what is currently illegal, legal) to get rid of the 60 or so protesters that now own some of the land that he wants....
#21 Old 01-10-2011, 07:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annia View Post

I hate the man. I want him to get his arse out of Scotland and stop trying to destroying a Site of Special Scientific Interest, a protected wildlife conservation area and not to mention a national nature reserve.

It could be a little late for wanting him to get out because it appears that the project is already going ahead.

auto correct can kiss my ask
#22 Old 01-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthahook View Post

It could be a little late for wanting him to get out because it appears that the project is already going ahead.

Oh he's got planning permission and the building has started. BUT there's still 27 acres that he wants right in the middle of the development that he hasn't been able to get his hands on yet.. (It's land owned by a farmer. He's refusing to sell out. He's also recently sold an acre of the land to about 60 protesters who are all named on the deeds so Trump will have to fight them as well to get the land... )

Not to mention this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-12136457 and http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/2080773?
#23 Old 01-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annia View Post

Oh he's got planning permission and the building has started. BUT there's still 27 acres that he wants right in the middle of the development that he hasn't been able to get his hands on yet.. (It's land owned by a farmer. He's refusing to sell out. He's also recently sold an acre of the land to about 60 protesters who are all named on the deeds so Trump will have to fight them as well to get the land...

I'd be very surprised if he didn't eventually get the land through compulsory aquisition.I imagine he would sit on this controversy for a while, enjoy the free publicity that the protesters bring him, and then make them all an offer they can't refuse. He's bound to get his way sooner or later.

auto correct can kiss my ask
#24 Old 01-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Veggie Regular

If he does run, I doubt he'll get very far with it. He's a Republican who's too liberal on social issues to get past the primary. The extreme right wingers would eat him alive.

--Fromper
#25 Old 01-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh jeeez. I dont think he is qualified by any stretch of the imagination. Then again, I feel that way about Sarah Palin as well but thats just MHO.
#26 Old 01-11-2011, 08:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavenderboozer View Post

Oh jeeez. I dont think is qualified by any stretch of the imagination. Then again, I feel that way about Sarah Palin as well but thats just MHO.

He's probably more qualified than Palin. But then, so is my pet rabbit.

--Fromper
#27 Old 01-11-2011, 08:43 AM
mlp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

--Fromper

#28 Old 01-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

--Fromper

First, Ive never met your pet rabbit, however I cannot doubt you on the reality of your statement.
next. Looking at resume's of both, I cant understand how someone could have noticed that Palin had no qualifications and then turn right around and vote for obama, who had less qualification.

I think Donald Trump, or someone like him would be a good choice, the way I see it, the last few decades of politicians and lawyers has left this country in a fairly bad way.

time to try something new.

Run Donald Run.

Ill vote for him.
#29 Old 01-11-2011, 09:56 AM
mlp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

Looking at resume's of both, I cant understand how someone could have noticed that Palin had no qualifications and then turn right around and vote for obama, who had less qualification.

That statement right there makes me wonder about your reasoning skills.
#30 Old 01-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Banned

Quote:

That statement right there makes me wonder about your reasoning skills.

Let me then add this.
The reasoning skills were pretty much in question of those that voted for obama.
As I said, they claimed she was not qualified to run.. of course, she was running as the VP, not the president, and evidently John McCain was too old. Now, I cant speak for the whole country, but around here, those people that claimed they could not vote for McCain because he was too old, just voted to keep Steny Hoyer in office even though he was now older than McCain was when McCain was too old to hold a public office.

Maybe you are correct, My reasoning skill cause me not to understand how Obama would have been more qualified than Palin, had the two actually been running against each other.
Perhaps you can assist me in understanding what it is that obama had done prior to the elections that made him so qualified, 18 months as a senator does not do it for me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page