Nearly half of all US households pay no Federal tax - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 04-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Banned

I get upset that illegal immigrants are paying very little to no tax and we are educating their children. That costs $9666 per year per child. Are they paying $9666 per year in taxes? I think not. If they were citizens, I don't see a problem with educating them. But if they are illegal, then they should have to pay for their children's education.

Another thing that irks me is the fact that we pay double taxes. First, your paycheck is taxed. Then go to buy something, you pay tax again.

Yet another thing that bugs me is the fact that I have no say in what my tax money funds. I know everyone is going to say "that's why we vote" and "write your congressmen". That's B.S. The government is going to do what they want regardless of what we say. I would rather my money NOT to go toward bailing out companies, paying for war, funding arts programs or subsidizing the meat/dairy industry.

And why does the U.S. think they are the police for the entire world. Why do we stick our noses in all the other countries problems? Our economy if failing big time. We can't keep helping everyone at this rate. For every man, woman and child in the U.S., the government is in debt $41,642 each.

Off topic: then there's Social Security. The government is openly stealing our money. And according to predictions, it will be completely out of money about 3 years before I reach retirement age. Isn't that just dandy? That's about $100 per paycheck I'm losing and probably won't see much, if any of it again. If I had that money to save, it could be earning interest for the next 30 years. And if I had all the money back that they took already, it would be somewhere around $40,000-50,000 dollars. Social Security started out as a good idea. But now it's so corrupt, it's simply a black hole for our money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 04-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

Jon Stewart pointed out some interesting details about this on The Daily Show this week. I love how Comedy Central is the most reliable news source on television.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/201004...lkYWlseXNob3cz

--Fromper

I was just about post this damn you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page