#32 Old 10-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

My eyes hurt.

The Big Bad.
#33 Old 10-08-2009, 02:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Once I get to the point in life of being in either extreme chronic pain, or lack the ability to care for myself indefinitely, yes. Until that point, no.

Pinterest: AquaLoveBird
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 10-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Veggie Regular

No, I don't want to die. Science is going to solve death, and perhaps I'll get lucky. Death is another one of those natural things that bothers me
#35 Old 10-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post

No, I don't want to die. Science is going to solve death, and perhaps I'll get lucky. Death is another one of those natural things that bothers me

Man, i hope science doesn't solve it.

The Big Bad.
#36 Old 10-08-2009, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

I definitely want to die someday, being around for 1000 years would be too exhausting.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#37 Old 10-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Someday, but not today.
#38 Old 10-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Veggie Regular

I would prefer to not die, but if I end up in a "terminal" situation (unending imprisonment or chronic illness of the uncurable kind) I have no problems taking my own life.

As far as that goes, I would probably be a vampire if it would afford me immortality though.
#39 Old 10-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Veggie Regular

i do gnat want to die.

on a serious note, though. i used to be afraid of death, thinking that was it. there was nothing. and having a fear of not knowing what would happen afterwards and fearing that "nothing". would everything just stop? would i end up in heaven? lots of questions. but i've been through quite a few hardships in the past 5-6 years and i've come to a point where i do not fear death. i've come to accept it and believe that when i do die, it's not going to be an end.

i found this quote not too long ago: "Buddhists see birth and death as mere concepts, not manifestations of reality. When someone dies, they are still with us, just in a different form. In this view, a continuation, a connection between people and nature persists because time is understood as being circular: nothing begins; nothing ends; it just is". so, do i want to die? i think i can finally say yes because i believe that nothing dies, it only changes form.
#40 Old 10-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelle View Post

Not really, but alas, a little bit of me does every time I read one of your happy-go-lucky posts.

LOL...you are my new best friend.
#41 Old 10-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellye View Post

unending imprisonment

Hmmmmm What have you been up to?
#42 Old 10-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Veggie Regular

I hope yes before I am sitting in the nursing home peeing my pants and have sprouted goat like wiskers on my chin that no one will pluck for me.
#43 Old 10-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treehugger267 View Post

I hope yes before I am sitting in the nursing home peeing my pants and have sprouted goat like wiskers on my chin that no one will pluck for me.

i'll pluck them for you. is that enough to continue your existence?

The Big Bad.
#44 Old 10-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Veggie Regular

I have been dealing with a pretty intense fear of death for the last six months (at least.) It has gotten so bad in the last week that I have had trouble getting to sleep and had to drink to be able to not be anxious. I have been considering seeing a therapist about it. I am obsessed with the idea of death, constantly thinking about and fearing my own mortality.

I know all the rational things to think and say. When I think about living forever, that is equally mind-boggling. I know that when I'm dead, I won't care. I won't know that I am dead and that there is really nothing to fear. And that the fear is pointless, because death is inevitable. Still, I am gripped by the terror and anxiety all too often.

So, to answer your question, no, I don't want to die, but I understand that death is important and even good. I certainly don't want to die any time soon, which is why I rarely ever drive on the highway anymore.
#45 Old 10-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Veggie Regular

Knowing there's an ultimate exit like death can be pretty calming and reassuring sometimes.

That said, the rest of the time I'm terrified of death, I can't get my head around not existing anymore.
#46 Old 10-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

I have been dealing with a pretty intense fear of death for the last six months (at least.) It has gotten so bad in the last week that I have had trouble getting to sleep and had to drink to be able to not be anxious. I have been considering seeing a therapist about it. I am obsessed with the idea of death, constantly thinking about and fearing my own mortality.

I know all the rational things to think and say. When I think about living forever, that is equally mind-boggling. I know that when I'm dead, I won't care. I won't know that I am dead and that there is really nothing to fear. And that the fear is pointless, because death is inevitable. Still, I am gripped by the terror and anxiety all too often.

So, to answer your question, no, I don't want to die, but I understand that death is important and even good. I certainly don't want to die any time soon, which is why I rarely ever drive on the highway anymore.

Sorry you're feeling that way hun I'm not far off myself right now, but maybe not quite so bad.
#47 Old 10-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Veggie Regular

No, but I will.
#48 Old 10-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Who took the wnat away? I want the wnat back

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#49 Old 10-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

The smiley in your post looks a lot like your avatar.
#50 Old 10-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
It has gotten so bad in the last week that I have had trouble getting to sleep and had to drink to be able to not be anxious.

The prospect of not finding another job or finishing my schoolwork on time is what keeps me up at night. There's nothing worse, especially when you're 23.

I don't remember ever having been afraid of death. I think I had a martyr complex when I was around 14, I wasn't suicidal but there was nothing more heroic to me than dying for the revolution.

Quote:
Knowing there's an ultimate exit like death can be pretty calming and reassuring sometimes.

It can be very comforting to me. I'm just glad that other sentient beings will exist after I'm dead.
#51 Old 10-08-2009, 07:27 PM

NO....but i know that eventually it will happen and I have accepted that....I am NOT afraid of it or gonna spend time worrying about it because it cant be prevented....I have worked in a funeral home for many years and I have seen death on a daily basis....and for the most part I have a calm and serene feeling about it....I have to be honest I dont want to be 100 and in severe pain and not having contol of me, my mind or my bodily functions.....I know its coming and I am okay with that just not okay with Now....I TRY to appreciate every moment I get and when its time I will have no regrets...

Hippie Thursday
#52 Old 10-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Red
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

Shut up Donnie.
#53 Old 10-08-2009, 10:23 PM

I nearly died about a month and a half ago and at that time I did want to die but right now I'm glad that I did live.

(I do want to die one day though, what would be the alternative!)
#54 Old 10-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

The Big Bad.
#55 Old 10-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post

I nearly died about a month and a half ago and at that time I did want to die but right now I'm glad that I did live.

(I do want to die one day though, what would be the alternative!)

This sounds serious. I'm glad you are alive! Please don't leave us!
#56 Old 10-08-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dormouse View Post

This sounds serious. I'm glad you are alive! Please don't leave us!

Thanks Dormouse.
#57 Old 10-09-2009, 04:20 AM
mlp
Banned

Yes.
#58 Old 10-09-2009, 04:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Do I want to die? No, not necessarily.

Do I sometimes lack the will to fight and keep going? Yes, so in a way that is a passive acceptance of death.
#59 Old 10-09-2009, 04:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Yes, eventually. It's hard to wrap my mind around the idea that life will go on but I will be completely unaware of it, but I'm fully aware that my consciousness is not the center of anyone else's universe.
#60 Old 10-09-2009, 07:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

i'll pluck them for you. is that enough to continue your existence?

Well aren't you just the sweetest!! For some very strange reason, this is a real fear of mine..lol So that would leave me peeing my pants sitting in a nursing home, but looking lovely....hmmmmm, must give this more thought.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page