I knew this would happen if they let the gays marry... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Amy Wolfe, a US church organist who claims to have objectum sexuality, a condition that makes sufferers attracted to inanimate objects, plans to marry a magic carpet fairground ride.

This follows a "courtship" of 3,000 rides over ten years with the 80ft gondola ride called 1001 Nachts.

Miss Wolfe, 33, from Pennsylvania, will change her surname to Weber after the manufacturer of the ride she travels 160 miles to visit 10 times per year, according to reports

"I love him as much as women love their husbands and know well be together forever, she said.

Miss Wolfe first fell for the ride when she was 13: I was instantly attracted to him sexually and mentally.

I wasnt freaked out, as it just felt so natural, but I didnt tell anyone about it because I knew it wasnt normal to have feelings for a fairground ride.

Ten years later, she decided to go back to Knoebels Amusement Park to declare her love. She now sleeps with a picture of the ride on her ceiling and carries its spare nuts and bolts around to feel closer to it.

She claims to believe they share a fulfilling physical and spiritual relationship and does not get jealous when other people ride it.

Although she faces discrimination from employers, most of her family and friends have been supportive. Im not hurting anyone and I cant help it," she said. "Its a part of who I am.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ound-ride.html

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-05-2009, 11:49 PM
Red
Veggie Regular

I see heartache ahead when, one day out of the blue, he packs up and runs off with a traveling carnival.
#3 Old 08-05-2009, 11:52 PM
American Made, Rebel Born

why is this not shocking anymore?

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-06-2009, 12:01 AM

I bet there are ups, and downs in that relationship.

#5 Old 08-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Beginner

Though I find this slightly disturbing(it's a peice of metal for goodness sakes!), whatever makes her happy
#6 Old 08-06-2009, 12:52 AM
Banned

i don't see anything wrong with it. in fact, the ride should collect survivor benefits for as long is it exists after this woman dies.
#7 Old 08-06-2009, 02:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Jezebel has some video footage on this woman. (Link not work safe due to other content on the site)

I don't know how to feel. It's not really any of my business, but still. It's an amusement park ride. People do not marry amusement park rides. They marry other people.

#8 Old 08-06-2009, 02:35 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post

No emotional fantacoaster to be feared though...
#9 Old 08-06-2009, 03:55 AM
Administrator

I wonder what happens if more than one person wants to marry the same inanimate object. Does the first person get insanely jealous?

For some reason I envision the response being the plugging of ears followed by "La la la I can't hear you!"

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#10 Old 08-06-2009, 04:01 AM
Veggie Regular

okay it's time for me to get clean and have some lunch and TRY to learn some electronics see you sluts later.
#11 Old 08-06-2009, 04:03 AM

The saying 'I love it so much I could marry it' will never come out of my mouth again. People might start thinking I mean it.
#12 Old 08-06-2009, 05:30 AM
Veggie Regular

In the comments of the Jezebel link, people are argueing the difference between marrying/having sexual relations with objects and the same with animals! There are some pretty dense people commenting...
#13 Old 08-06-2009, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstadt View Post

In the comments of the Jezebel link, people are argueing the difference between marrying/having sexual relations with objects and the same with animals! There are some pretty dense people commenting...

I'm retreating now.
#14 Old 08-06-2009, 05:42 AM
Banned

I saw a program on this condition once. It's very strange and for me at least, impossible to understand. But there's no harm in this woman 'marrying' the ride, I only hope the manufacturers/owners aren't getting any money out of her for it.
#15 Old 08-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Veggie Regular

I have to admit I'm pretty disappointed by the posts in this thread. You're calling it disturbing, cracking jokes, laughing... Having had as my parents a polygamous union of a car engine, three broken fridges and an empty salad dressing bottle, I've faced a lot of teasing and ridicule throughout my life about my family background. I would have thought that on a veg*n board people would be even a little bit more compassionate and open-minded, but apparently not

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#16 Old 08-06-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blobbenstein View Post

#17 Old 08-06-2009, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

I have to admit I'm pretty disappointed by the posts in this thread. You're calling it disturbing, cracking jokes, laughing... Having had as my parents a polygamous union of a car engine, three broken fridges and an empty salad dressing bottle, I've faced a lot of teasing and ridicule throughout my life about my family background. I would have thought that on a veg*n board people would be even a little bit more compassionate and open-minded, but apparently not

I'm sorry, sometimes I just say whats on my mind after only scan reading half the post. My bad sorry if you found me offensive

I don't see anything wrong with whats she doing or feeling. If it makes her happy. Good for her. And BAH! To people who discrimante her because of it, that just a little part of her. I'm sure the rest of her personality counts for alot more.
#18 Old 08-06-2009, 06:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
This follows a "courtship" of 3,000 rides over ten years with the 80ft gondola ride... She now sleeps with a picture of the ride on her ceiling and carries its spare nuts and bolts around to feel closer to it.

Sounds like a typical marriage to me.

She rides his ass all the time and carries his nuts around in her pocket.
#19 Old 08-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

Sounds like a typical marriage to me.

She rides his ass all the time and carries his nuts around in her pocket.

Can you imagine how the employees who run this ride will react from now on when they see her coming? And is she going to invite her friends and family to a big wedding? Will they all ride her new husband after the ceremony?

I'm all for allowing any two consenting adults to get married, regardless of gender, but an inanimate object? Shouldn't the ability to consent by both parties be a minimum requirement for marriage?

--Fromper

#20 Old 08-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Does the ride vibrate? if so, then this makes a lot more sense.....
#21 Old 08-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Veggie Regular

I once saw a news item on the internet about a woman marrying a dolphin. At least I think it was a dolphin. Maybe it was a whale. The news item included a picture of the happy couple kissing. There was a ceremony with cake and everything. This woman makes the dolphin's wife look mentally stable.

*this space not for sale*
#22 Old 08-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Umm... What does this have to do with gays?
#23 Old 08-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiem View Post

Umm... What does this have to do with gays?

he's joking about the slippery slope.
#24 Old 08-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingster View Post

I'm sorry, sometimes I just say whats on my mind after only scan reading half the post. My bad sorry if you found me offensive

I don't see anything wrong with whats she doing or feeling. If it makes her happy. Good for her. And BAH! To people who discrimante her because of it, that just a little part of her. I'm sure the rest of her personality counts for alot more.

Pssst... SS was being facetious
#25 Old 08-06-2009, 04:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Avocado View Post

Does the ride vibrate? if so, then this makes a lot more sense.....

That's kinda what's in back of my mind.
#26 Old 08-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingster View Post

You might want to fully read posts there, Ming.
#27 Old 08-06-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisleyjane View Post

Pssst... SS was being facetious

Oh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggythefrog View Post

You might want to fully read posts there, Ming.

Noted.
#28 Old 08-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Here's another article about object fetishism. Apparently the Berlin Wall and the Eiffel Tower are married as well.

It doesn't surprise me that half of the people that identify with OS have Asperger syndrome.
#29 Old 08-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Red
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissierissie View Post

It doesn't surprise me that half of the people that identify with OS have Asperger syndrome.

As the disease du jour, it seems that half the people with anything have Aspergers these days.
#30 Old 08-06-2009, 09:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fromper View Post

...Can you imagine how the employees who run this ride will react from now on when they see her coming? ...

*is speechless*

www.thesaucyvegan.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page