Camping, Cooking, Caring too much, Cats and Classic Rock - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes

#31 Old 03-11-2017, 09:34 PM
Bandit

Yay. Found exes photos, gorgeous photos of me on Photobucket. Realization: never give up, because of anyone. You used to run? Don't stop. Dude, three years ago, I looked like a Hollywood Starlet. That only disappears with stealing, not with age.

"Thinkers may prepare revolutions, but bandits must carry them out"~
Ingrid Newkirk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 03-16-2017, 09:49 AM
Bandit

Okay okay so I never looked like a Hollywood Starlet, I was being silly in my last post.

But I'm not joking when I say my Biology professor is a real *******. She is. I don't usually talk crap about my professors and I like some of them, but this woman should be disciplined by the administration. I am not even sure she should be teaching. She gives us tons of information, tells us to focus on particular things, so I did this and studied a LOT. I made posters of classifications and life cycles...and I felt pretty confident I'd do well, not necessarily perfectly, but I knew the material...then she throws garbage details on the test that she barely went over in class or did not go over at all that were in the chapters, and of course we read the chapters, but why would she throw details at us that she didn't tell us to focus on, or pay attention to?

I spent all of this energy memorizing multiple organisms life cycles, and she only tests us on two of them. I could have used some of that energy going over some of these mysterious details in the chapter she appeared to pick out at random.

I'm not whining, either. She doesn't give us a study guide, I was resourceful and dedicated in my study techniques, and I still was stunned by some of the questions. She has almost. ...bragged?...in class how many of her students fail her tests or lab practicals. That's not something to brag about, that means you are a ****ty teacher. A hard or challenging teacher might have mostly Bs, or Cs, but only a terrible teacher has more than a couple of Fs.

I don't think I failed, but the dilligence with which I studied should have produced a B if not an A.

I'm going to administration and reporting her eventually. I can't stand this *****.

Ingrid Newkirk
#33 Old 03-16-2017, 07:11 PM
Bandit

I am cooking homemade red skinned mashed potatoes with soy milk, Earth Balance and a little left over Tofutti sour cream (from the Vegan Zombies Stuffed Shells recipe I made again on Monday, one of my faves) for a tad extra richness. I'm also having mushrooms sautéed with olive oil, garlic, spinach, a little white wine and a pinch of fresh rosemary from my roomie's plant.

Now that I have calmed down, I think I made a B on the Bio exam. It just makes me mad to knock myself out studying for a professor who pulls tricks because she's a bored academic on a power trip. Other students agree with me that she did this, like she wants to keep all but the most obsessive from making As, and wants an unnerving portion of the class to make Ds, or even Fs. It's not general Bio for all students, it is for science majors, but we aren't all Biology or pre-med. I'm environmental/earth science for pete's sake. I'm a mostly A student, even in upper division courses, I even made a B in the accelerated 5 week stats class, even though I'm not a math person. I am a good student dammit. There are people in that class who consistently took AP Bio in high school. I took Advanced Bio and made an A in Anatomy in high school, I like life sciences. Chemistry was always actually my annoyance. Until now.

I think I can pull a B in this course, but I'm going to have to work for a B like I'm working for an A. It's not really fair but I have no fear of failing. I know how to study and my study type...thus the drawing posters, and I'll be drawing things over and over for my first lab practical and chanting them out loud in the morning and before I sleep at night.

It's like she thinks her class is our only class, which is BS. Or behaves as though she's teaching REALLY major courses, like molecular bio or biochemistry. In fact I think the only person who hasn't complained about her is/has taking/taken molecular biology. Pretty much everyone in my class wants to be a doctor, dentist, vetrinarian, physician's assistant, or default to biology. I'm the only environmental science major but this will appear as my Zoology credit for my degree. Whatever.

At least we are moving on to plants. Archaea, bacteria and protists are a pain in my ass. I still have to identify them on the lab practical.

Ingrid Newkirk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 03-21-2017, 10:00 PM
Bandit

So I made a B+ on the Biology exam. The professor said I should feel proud. Why? Because one or no people made an A? She talked about how generally people's grades went down on the second test. I was one of the few who went up. She says this is normal for her. First and third tests better than second test. She makes zero connection to herself, apparently.

I will accept a B in this class happily. My two lab partners today both did worse on this test than the first. Maybe I'm better at details. This test was a lot of classification, and drawing. I was complimented on the details of my diagrams three times today. Once by teacher, two by students.

Me and my drawings. Woot.

Ingrid Newkirk
#35 Old 03-23-2017, 01:45 PM
Bandit

Well, I'm pleased that I'll be able to do my end of the semester PowerPoint presentation in Biology on mountain lion migration. She said we had to pick an organism and a topic on animal behavior, and no one could do the same organism, and only 2-3 people could share a topic for their individual organisms. I made a run for the sign up sheet since I knew exactly what I wanted to do right away. The presentation, lab note books, and probably attendance/class participation makes up the same number of points as one exam, so I'm hoping I'll have an A on those total points at least. Plus we have a field experience towards the end of the semester, but the points are pretty low on that. Still those ten points could bring a C to a B overall or a B to an A.

I'm hopeful that the plant exam is easier than the first two, I mean the material seems easier to learn. However, I'm a bit nervous about lab practicals. We have one in a few weeks on everything up to the end of plants, then one near finals on animals and ecology.

I'm also not dissecting a fetal pig. It's not going to happen, I already let her know. She said that was fine, but I still have to observe and record. Creepy.

Ingrid Newkirk
#36 Old 03-24-2017, 11:22 AM
Bandit

OK so I talked to an older person who has his B.S. in one of the hard sciences (I forget which one but not biology) he said that when he had to take the level of bio I'm taking,so many people wanted to be doctors and so forth (weirdly, lots of people like that in my class as well) that the idea was to weed out people who would never survive medical school early enough so that they could change their major. He said lots of good students made Cs, and that people who made Bs were considered "a cut above." He said they intentionally make it borderline impossible to get rid of people.

Another older friend who is a lawyer said no, she loved biology in college BUT her undergraduate was psychology, and I told her politely that that the class she was required to take was likely for non-science majors, because that's how it's set up at my school.

I don't know. I think the professor could still have approached things differently. Her excuse is that she has sixteen weeks to teach what was once eighteen weeks of material, but why not have study guides? Say, if you follow the study guide you'll likely make a B, and I'll throw in a few surprises to give some people a shot at making As, because I don't like to give As (something along those lines).

I think things will be better. Our first test was on evolution and genetics and our second was mainly microscopic organisms...plants, animals and ecology seem much more up my alley.

On the SLO requirements, we are basically required to understand evolution and be able to identify organisms in lab practicals. The exams are on a hell of a lot more than that.

Still, it helped me that my professor complimented me on my diagrams, she said many people missed the life cycles, and the PowerPoint presentation sounds fun, at least we get to choose our own subject matter.

All of my other classes are going fairly smoothly which is why I don't vent about them here. A reflection paper on climate change in Geography and an A on my mid-term, finishing up learning how to solder a solar panel (really challenging for me, but the teacher is a retired high school teacher and electronics are his hobby, so he's really good natured), straight forward labs and field trips for oceanography lab, and passed my belay test in rock climbing and slowly but surely learning climbing techniques. Plus the worst of the transfer hoops of fire to get to my school of choice next fall are drawing to a close, right before spring break, so I can relax a little and focus on classes for the rest of the semester.
BlueMts likes this.

Ingrid Newkirk
#37 Old 04-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Bandit

The best laid plans of mice and men

So I had this fabulous brainchild, that I would live on campus next year even though I'm an older transfer student, and organize a household of vegan girlies, so we could share our college experience and different personalities, in an otherwise safe environment to our values, beliefs and concern for the animals (no dead carcasses or nasty meat smell in our home). I'm not usually a person who tries to organize others. I leave that to the EXXJ types of the world, while I as an FP just live my life by strongly abiding by my own values, sharing those values with others, and acting in the real world according to those values (SFP to be more exact) through hands on volunteer work, club membership, what I do each day and whom I choose to associate with. I even typically restrict my preaching to online or other written venues, I don't knock on doors to try to convert anyone. When I lived in a group living situation I simply unobtrusively shared my food and values, in a manner that made most people curious, not offended (I usually store that up to unload safely on line where people can suck it up if they don't like my opinion). Occasionally I wear vegan pins, and I have shirts, but yeah. I'm not someone who organizes others.

I devoted myself to something out of my norm. I reached out to current residents who were vegan or vegetarian, posted on my chosen schools transfer forum, and ended up with two ladies who are transfers like I am, from the LA area, instead of a group of 5-6 but well, you know, whatever.

Dude, they give current residents so much priority that it practically squeezes transfers out. It's bull****, because we are coming from far away, so it's more important to us to have a decent home. They say on their website they set aside this awesome building for mostly transfers, which my people and I all wanted, and now there's only male apartments left in that building? Oh we changed things this year, they said. **** better be an April Fools joke.

There's ONE empty female apartment that we could commandeer for three women, leaving them to add one random to our ranks. ONE. Its not even in the building we wanted, but it is affordable, open and has a kitchen for cooking.

People should not have to fight like this to have the option for housing they want. I have zero problem swooping in like a hawk and snapping this one apartment up the second transfer housing choice opens up in ten days (they at least reassured me all current residents had made their choices and no other open apartments would disappear until then, and that transfers don't compete with freshmen since there's different buildings) but this is ludicrous. It makes it very difficult for people to not only live in their first choice (our first choice has nothing left for females) but to organize a group of more than two people to live together (this is the one place I saw literally open to a group of four instead of one or two beds).

I think they sat aside too many beds for men. Women are apparently more likely to covet upperclassmen housing on campus.

Ingrid Newkirk
#38 Old 04-16-2017, 12:15 AM
Bandit

The best clarification of my generation is that we never wanted to be you.

Which rewarded us with more vegan weddings than was expected.

Ingrid Newkirk
#39 Old 04-16-2017, 12:26 AM
Bandit

And yet we had hardcore vegan bands, without ever taking a 90s band for granted:

Ingrid Newkirk
#40 Old 04-16-2017, 01:08 AM
Bandit

Avril Lavigne is your vegan Millenial friend. No 30 year old vegan doesn't love Avril. Unless they're male. Angry. Avril. Vegan. Punk rock. Awesome. The female Rise Against. No one gets to complain about Avril unless they're sexist and mean. I only realized later that ugly men complained about Avril Lavigne, the Karen Carpenter and Kim Deal you name your daughter after.

No one in my generation gets to be angry. Unless it's sad.
BlueMts likes this.

Ingrid Newkirk
#41 Old 04-26-2017, 11:09 PM
Bandit

Been feeling Perry Ferrell deeply in these political times. I know I post silly sentimental pop music here a bunch, but there's really a lot of wisdom in them thar 80s:

Ingrid Newkirk
#42 Old 04-27-2017, 12:07 AM
Bandit

Dissection.

I have confirmation that my bio professor is marginally disturbed - her own children are concerned she will dissect their tarantula and hissing cockroach, they won't hug her unless she's showered, because they hate the smell of dead animals. She tells us all this like it's an amusing funny anecdote about her children, not a disturbing revelation about herself as an individual, much in the same tone she tells us how many of her students have failed her lab practicals.

It's not even that she's "cold" or too "scientific". No, I had an Oceanography professor from Ethiopia who was as systematic as any aspie, dry and boring and cool, but ultimately human - rational, reasonable, fair - not crazy. He gave us study guides and we knew exactly what to expect, no matter how uptight he seemed.

It's not that she's female. I have several other female science profs, from the enthusiastic idealist, to the witty caustic chair of the sustainability committee, to the elderly down to earth one who is at once both easy and easily annoyed.

I can't deal with this woman. She's not old, she's not "cold" she's not over-rational.. she's crazy. I'm not the picture of sanity, but she's got a fundamental disconnect with her own self as a human being, like she was a sensitive child scarred by a brutal cat dissection. Abnormally polite and passive aggressively mean. The most problematic people in the entire world.

Incidentally I've managed to maintain a B despite my blind hatred of rote memorization, but there's another month for my grade to fall to a C. It won't hurt my future but I don't want it dragging down my GPA.

Ingrid Newkirk
#43 Old 04-27-2017, 01:25 AM
Bandit

In fact, to back up my point about my professor, if need be, not one but TWO of my sisters have Biology degrees.

Yep.

The weirdest thing I ever saw come out of that is my one sister drinks raw milk and once carried around a pin board of insects. The other has gone through intermittent periods of veganism, had a menagerie of animals and a greenhouse....biology alone isn't enough to make someone an anal retentive, sadistic mad butcher, even if I still hate rote memorization (something my raw milk sister "liked" on FB that I admitted, she didn't take it personal as a biologist that I made jokes about labeling and how I prefer the synthesis of earth science/physical science).

Someone save me from this class.
BlueMts likes this.

Ingrid Newkirk
#44 Old 04-27-2017, 01:53 AM
Bandit

I have good news, though, didn't post this yet - I got the housing I wanted at the college I am transferring to, they surprised me kind of at the last moment, sending a personal response to the request the very first day applications opened. I'm not stressed about that anymore, I have a beautiful apartment by the forest with my own room and the financial aid/grants/scholarships to cover it all. Much better than what I imagined.

One of my roommates in the apartment at least will be vegan.

The only thing standing between my present life and the next is this evil class.

I know I'll do okay. I'm just really upset by my professors teaching style and the unnecessary dissection. Do you know computer software has been available since 2012 for dissection of animals and surgery on humans, and it's actually cheaper over time than buying animal corpses?

If I was a weaker person I'd just drop this class. But that is what she wants, the source of her psychotic bragging. I'm glad I learned to overcome obstacles with internal strength without sacrificing myself in the process, because this class honestly comes close to my personal boundaries of No. JUST NO.

But once I get through it, I'll never have to take a class where any crazy person asks me to dissect another being again. I also won't have to think about transferring, so I can relax on that too.
BlueMts likes this.

Ingrid Newkirk
#45 Old 04-27-2017, 12:20 PM
Bandit

She has a fully developed kitten fetus in a jar. Fur and all.

WHY.

Ingrid Newkirk
#46 Old 05-11-2017, 06:32 PM
Bandit

OK so here's how I'm surviving Biology:

1) meditation - just personal detachment with benevolent loving consciousness, I literally spent hours last weekend meditating, instead of hiking, posting on here, drinking wine, or going out.

2) seeing my professor as a person - talking to her outside of class, telling her why I'm vegan, finding common ground on the environment, trying to enjoy my mountain lion presentation, finding her good points (she and her husband mostly built their home themselves on the outskirts of LA and got up at 330-4 am to take public transportation until they were so exhausted after four hour commutes they relinquished driving cars - my kind of people! Science teachers, so go figure. We also agree about public shooters being terrorists, or modern serial killers, so really, we could be friends in a different life.)

3) Reaching out to other science professors - my oceanography lab professor admitted to me that the rote memorization of biology also drives her crazy, and she talked about how she tries to be flexible, and she's an older lady, older than bio prof.

I have to do these things because the class itself is so awful. Even my lab partner who was excited to dissect is over pig stench, says she may never eat sealife again, and tries to get out of class early. She's a biology major going into pharmacy and says she finds our professor too overbearing. I have yet to talk to more than one (1) member of this class who doesn't find the professor OCD or overbearing.

It's just three more weeks, including exam. And the final is mostly easy (for me) ecology /statistics and cumulative evolution, plants and animals.

I just have to get through animals. There's a light....
BlueMts likes this.

Ingrid Newkirk
#47 Old 05-11-2017, 06:52 PM
Bandit

So I'm going to talk about the 90s, and the music I love from the 90s is very limited, but it was influential to me, I especially love the Southern Bands - Dillon Fence, R.E.M., Johnny Quest, and The Connells - as well as older bands with Southern rock influence like The Eagles and Lynard Skynard, who are more my parents' generation but even Southern Cross, by Crosby, Stills and Nash, is a good song, from an earlier era.

Today I'm doing the Connells. Their two biggest hits seem interconnected to me. '74-'75 is connected to Stone Cold Yesterday not only because of historical reference, but because of an insistence on seeing something through someone else's eyes. In fact, I'm 30-something, and I have yet to see another video as genuinely empathetic and authentic as '74-'75...to the disabled, the overweight, the socially awkward...and for me it had the added effect of being filmed in Raleigh, NC, instead of a more exotic locale.

Ingrid Newkirk
#48 Old 05-11-2017, 07:05 PM
Bandit

Don't be too judgmental. These were serious effects - psychedelic even - for the 90s, and that American flag suit was an ironic political statement. I'm old enough to remember it's social significance, young enough to find it naively on point, and it's actually difficult to lose that sense as you get older, that something was originally said, as it should have been said, because it was all that was available to you at 10, 12, 14, or 16. Even 20. I saw TCM at 17 and it impressed me forever as a perfect vegan teachable film in the post-modern era.

Ingrid Newkirk
#49 Old 05-11-2017, 07:40 PM
Bandit

I'm going to tell you why there's no way we can modernize this (and why I actually love hipsters as a group, at my age) is because you can't status, highlight, or sell average, disabled, overweight, kind, gentle, hardworking, human. You can never package that and sell it to modernity, you can't youth it up, you can't make it L.A.....because you can't do that to concepts of love and humanity so fundamental.

It's why I resist modernity, not because I try to be special, but because I'm required to teach you authenticity and primary resources. I can't do that while trying to sell you false happiness. It's not logical. More importantly, it's not who I am.

There is no way to modernize morals and conservation unless you make non-conformity to the bull**** standard, the new normal.

God bless the triangle hipster people. They probably majored in science.
BlueMts likes this.

Ingrid Newkirk
#50 Old 05-21-2017, 10:38 PM
Bandit

So biology (even though my last post was probably the pinnacle of my journal, frought with SJW meaning)...I've managed to maintain a B, despite hating the class, which is impressive. I'm usually a straight A student but had resigned myself to possibly making a C in this class.

I only have another lab practical, my presentation on mountain lions, and the lecture final due, and I have a solid B.

Not too worried about presentation and final. Still worried about making D or F on lab practical, because I hated animal dissection with every fiber of my being, though I didn't have to cut, I consistently wondered how a California college lacked the funds for dissection software, when middle school and high school here has it. . Without hating my professor....studying classifications but not studiously, since I had headache and cramps this weekend from hormones.

I can only hope I make a C, and it's raised to a B via the extra credit nature hike I participated in.

I can make a B in this class if I can manage a C on the lab practical. ..which I have resisted studying.

When I finish this semester in two weeks, I look forward to focus on camping and cats and cooking, and not just caring too much and classic rock.
Werewolf Girl and BlueMts like this.

Ingrid Newkirk
#51 Old 05-25-2017, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
So biology (even though my last post was probably the pinnacle of my journal, frought with SJW meaning)...I've managed to maintain a B, despite hating the class, which is impressive. I'm usually a straight A student but had resigned myself to possibly making a C in this class.

I only have another lab practical, my presentation on mountain lions, and the lecture final due, and I have a solid B.

Not too worried about presentation and final. Still worried about making D or F on lab practical, because I hated animal dissection with every fiber of my being, though I didn't have to cut, I consistently wondered how a California college lacked the funds for dissection software, when middle school and high school here has it. . Without hating my professor....studying classifications but not studiously, since I had headache and cramps this weekend from hormones.

I can only hope I make a C, and it's raised to a B via the extra credit nature hike I participated in.

I can make a B in this class if I can manage a C on the lab practical. ..which I have resisted studying.

When I finish this semester in two weeks, I look forward to focus on camping and cats and cooking, and not just caring too much and classic rock.
Good luck finishing the semester!
Thalassa and BlueMts like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#52 Old 05-28-2017, 12:17 AM
Bandit

Thank you for wishing me well, I appreciate it!

I am finished with the lab portion of the class now, and while I made a perfect score on my lab notebook, I barely made a C on the last practical. That's OK because combined with my lecture exams and presentation, I should manage a B for the entire combined course. I finish the last lecture exam on Tuesday and then it's over!

I'm so happy for this Biology class to end. While working on my Oceanography and Physical Geography final projects I remembered how much more I love those classes even when I am writing papers.

I get to talk with my new advisor next week about my fall classes at my new college. I have already been looking at my requirements and choices, and aside from Chemistry, it should all be smooth sailing. The closest thing to biology I'll have to take to complete my degree is Botany, but plants were my favorite part of the bio class I had this past semester.

I'll be mainly focused in conservation, earth science and related technology like GIS and computer graphics to provide tools for my academic knowledge.

I might take something called Environmental Conflict Resolution in the fall. It's required for my major, and it sounds like I might learn coping skills for political problems in that course. We shall see.

I'm also happy that for my political science requirement I can take Forestry and Wildlands Policy instead of having to sit through a semester of arguing with Trump supporters in a more general poli sci class.

Yay.

Ingrid Newkirk
#53 Old 05-28-2017, 09:37 AM
Bandit

One last funny anecdote about my bio class :

I had mentioned months ago here my friend who said she loved biology in college and that it was just the way the teacher taught it. And then I told her what was on my last lab practical, that it was not just simply identifying organisms and major systems of animals, but small details like the veins or arteries coming off of the pig heart, very specific and then questions about animal development. ...and that she made us draw the formation of the gastrula from a blastula, for the development of three different organisms, and we also had to know that for the practical.

She said "oh my god its like you're in grad school that's crazy."

I kept telling her that she probably just took biology 101 in college, and that I was in a different level, and I guess she didn't believe me. No,I was in hell biology for pre-med, and I still don't know why it was required for Environmental Science, with an emphasis on Management, Protection and Education. Like I'm going to be working for the park service or an aquarium and be all like, "so kids, that's how you identify the anterior vena cava on a pig fetus."

Lol. My presentation on mountain lions went okay though. A few people were interested enough to ask questions about it afterward. I did get nervous at one point and start reading my note cards, which you obviously aren't supposed to do, but practice makes perfect, right? I'll have three or four more semesters of talking classes like Environmental Interpretation Communication to focus more on those skills.
BlueMts likes this.

Ingrid Newkirk
#54 Old 05-31-2017, 12:01 PM
Bandit

I'm overjoyed to report that I received an A on my Biology lecture final and will be making a B, in total, for lab+lecture for the entire semester course. Combined with other classes (all As) I will receive my Associates in General Natural Sciences with honors, before transferring to my dream college in the fall to complete my B.S. in Environmental Science and Management.

It's over!

Ingrid Newkirk
#55 Old 06-01-2017, 10:52 PM
Bandit

My classes for Fall as a major at my new school:

ESM 210 Public Land Use Policy Mgmt
ESM 253 Interpretive Computer Graphics
ESM 350 Fund. of Env. Educ. & Interp.
ESM 351 Env. Interp. Field Trip 1
GEOL 109 General Geology
GSP 101 Geospatial Concepts
GSP 101L Geospatial Concepts

I'm really happy and just kind of wish I could go now.

I want to live the wisdom of the country song "Live Like You Were Dying" true to my West Virginia roots, in light of disturbing world events.

I will dedicate myself every second to environmental conservation, education and protection of animals. I can't wait. I have senior status and don't have to take even one unrelated class in my awesome outdoorsy, vegan-friendly, environmentally conscious new school, known for its attraction to people who live out of state or country because of the superiority and uniqueness of its programs, despite it not being literally Havard.

I'm attending the school of my dreams, and will rack up prestige for the cred in my major.

But things are literally terrible.

I'm obsessed now with rock climbers. The professionals are the epitome of live like you were dying. I really feel drawn to them, they exude the peace, freedom and enlightenment hippies are supposed to have.

I took Rock Climbing in a gym last semester, and it would be rad to spend a summer in Yosemite. My school is covered because grades et al, but I wish I had an extra couple thou, to live outside in Central California til then.Big Sur and Camp Four.

I may attend sessions of my rock climbing gym and take up bouldering over the summer. I have a little crush on one of my climbing partners. Just a tiny one because he is sweet and hugs me when he sees me. Nothing crazy, won't die without him. It all feels very connected to my future though.

I think thinking like a survivalist or hiker, helps me long term as a vegan. I always know how to prepare and pack my own food. You know that many survivalist foods are vegan, anyhow. My omni solar paneling teacher confirmed that, and he's like 112.
#56 Old 06-01-2017, 10:56 PM
Bandit

I love this woman. She's my new favorite musician.

#57 Old 06-01-2017, 11:08 PM
Bandit

This is not the first Tim Mc Graw song I like. I think he's my redneck spirit animal. Whatever personality type he is, it's probably mine. XSXP.

#58 Old 06-02-2017, 12:38 AM
Bandit

When I was thirteen you could consistently define me by my naive waiting on Alan Jackson, Keith Whitley, or Tim McGraw to release new music

I remember literally loving this song as a middle school child. LOVING IT. Way down yonder with the water snakes.

Keith Whitley was the doomed teenaged romance. Every time.

But my cousin released this on CD-R, as "a wedding song":

I don't hold it against her, as I also love Tim McGraw.

And you know whom is a real Swiftie, and their probable age by that.

But overall, when I left the South, I loved Alice Cooper and Lynard Skynard, and Blue Oyster Cult, and Rob Zombie reinforced that, and I will never forget his Halloween I I because I'm basically Laurie Strode, personified.

And everyone wonders why I hate them.

#59 Old 06-02-2017, 01:04 AM
Bandit

Rob Zombie and his wife are vegan BTW.

I just don't feel more right promoting them, than others.

They, and Kathy Griffin are our salvation.

I love everyone on this train.Tell everyone on this train I love them.

Not nasty or narcissistic. Just true. TRUE, has always been a favorite of mine. Spandau Ballet!
#60 Old 06-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Bandit

Phase 1 of trolling the Biology department has begun. It was the official last day of the semester and I arrived late in the afternoon to stick anti-dissection leaflets in the biology displays on two separate floors, and an anti-animal testing sticker on one of the planning boards in the hallway.

I know a way to get in to the science building when the school is closed and if I can override this loop hole, tomorrow I will take more leaflets and actually stick them under classroom doors.

Phase 2 involves mailing my evil professor an anonymous envelope, care of the school, full of PETA pamphlets. My roommate says she thinks as long as I wear rubber gloves and don't do anything illegal that this is funnier than simply sticking a leaflet in her office mail cubby when the summer semester opens.

Ingrid Newkirk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page