What do you do to keep a positive attitude? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 10-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I guess for the most part I'm naturally upbeat. I just know that whoever I run into is doing the best they can with what they have to work with, if they are negative I just feel that much more compassion for them because I know they must really be hurting.

You can give quiet thanks for getting the opportunity to radiate love and compassion even when its hard (those are the times when it really counts). Practice makes perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 10-19-2009, 10:36 PM

I am a Sarcastic Person By Nature and sometimes have to force the positivity....LOL....but I have learned something as basic as smiling at someone else...they usually smile back or just to myself and I feel good....
#33 Old 10-20-2009, 03:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I was fortunate enough to work at a school for severely disabled children several years ago. They faced enormous challenges and some of them even died. As awful as that was, they still had the joy and zest for life that children have.

If people going through those kinds of difficulties can still find a way to smile, so can I.
#34 Old 10-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Banned

i never get caught up in the negative. let it go in one ear and out the other. i focus on the future and what i can do to get there.
#35 Old 10-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Veggie Regular

1 i look at a pic of michel phelps 2 i think of something funny 3 i think that some ppl have it worse 4 i think of someone insprational
#36 Old 11-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Veggie Regular

UPDATE!!

The negative person is no longer in my life. I am starting to feel a million times better. I feel like I can finally be myself again and don't have to walk on eggshells every day. It's hard to explain the whole situation, but I never realized before that being around a negative person every single day, for almost a year, can make such a big impact (in a bad way!).

It's not in what you say, it's in what you do (Oasis)

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#37 Old 11-08-2009, 08:01 AM
Veggie Regular

I am grateful I at least have a job...
#38 Old 11-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Beginner

At least you're realizing what's happening. Good for you. Don't let this person drag you down. This person will always stay negative. What a downer. And take your dogs or somone's dogs for a walk. That will help and of course like someone else said, vent on here. My last, very last advice is to quit your job. I had to. I know that's bad but my mental health depended on it. I worked with a monster for one full year and I almost succumbed to her ugliness and then one day I said "no more!" Luckily I found another better job immediately. My anger and ill will toward this person has actually faded away. She was poison. Good luck!
#39 Old 11-09-2009, 04:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Whenever I feel a little down about circumstances in my life not going my way, I think about all the good things in my life that I am thankful for. I realize how blessed I am to be living in a 1st world country and to be free to create my own happiness.
#40 Old 11-09-2009, 11:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by imahag View Post

At least you're realizing what's happening. Good for you. Don't let this person drag you down. This person will always stay negative. What a downer. And take your dogs or somone's dogs for a walk. That will help and of course like someone else said, vent on here. My last, very last advice is to quit your job. I had to. I know that's bad but my mental health depended on it. I worked with a monster for one full year and I almost succumbed to her ugliness and then one day I said "no more!" Luckily I found another better job immediately. My anger and ill will toward this person has actually faded away. She was poison. Good luck!

I'm glad you got away from that person, and it's too bad you had to leave a job because of it.

I did not work with a negative person. I was LIVING with one. She's not a bad person, and I don't hate her or anything. I had to learn the hard way that living with an insecure woman is a BAD idea. She's not happy unless she is happier than other people (especially other women like me). I had to move out to get away from the situation, and thank goodness I did!

Feeling bored? Why don't you wander over to my blog sometime. http://thebohemiankitchen.wordpress.com
#41 Old 11-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Veggie Regular

I try to be indifferent.

"Hell exists not to punish sinners, but to ensure that nobody sins in the first place."
#42 Old 11-09-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyMarie View Post

Whenever I feel a little down about circumstances in my life not going my way, I think about all the good things in my life that I am thankful for. I realize how blessed I am to be living in a 1st world country and to be free to create my own happiness.

Yes, that is a good idea.
#43 Old 11-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Veggie Regular

So in response to my own thread, I think the best way to keep a positive attitude is to CHANGE your negative life circumstances. And if that doesn't work...umm...go to the gym or go for a run outside until you're too tired to be angry anymore.

#44 Old 11-14-2009, 06:08 PM

smile more and at strangers....I noticed if someone looks down or angry if you smile at them 99.9% they smile back
#45 Old 11-14-2009, 06:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starblossom View Post

So in response to my own thread, I think the best way to keep a positive attitude is to CHANGE your negative life circumstances. And if that doesn't work...umm...go to the gym or go for a run outside until you're too tired to be angry anymore.

I read once that when you're depressed, clean your house. Maybe it will take your mind off of what is getting you down, maybe it won't. Either way your house is clean and that's always something to look forward to.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page