Does anyone have a boat (or wakeboard/skate) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-31-2009, 05:09 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm interested in getting a boat, but am having trouble deciding exactly what I want. I really like the mastercraft boats, but I would rather get something made a little more local.

Do you have a boat, what kinda and where did you get it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-31-2009, 07:34 AM
Veggie Regular

My parents have a nice sailboat and are looking at getting something with a motor soon. They've looked on ebay (which is actually really helpful), a few marinas, and local ad places. I recently looked into http://www.carefreeboats.com/ which is really cool. I decided against it when my parents said they were getting another boat but you may want to check and see if there's something like it in your area. I love to be on the water but hate the hassle of boat maintenance.

Good Luck! I hope you find something wonderful.
#3 Old 05-31-2009, 08:59 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi. We're UK-based so not sure how much help I can be. We have a 60-foot narrowboat (6ft10 wide, for navigating the narrow canals in the UK) which we live on. I'm reasonably up on UK boating issues but not US.

We love our boat by the way. I'm currently sitting with the doors open, looking across the water where there are some swans and cygnets and we often wake up at night with the sound of duck feet pattering on our roof.

It's pants in the winter but worth it for the good times
#4 Old 05-31-2009, 11:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't own one myself but a friend of mine has a Rolco Evo that we take out for wakeboarding. I love it, it's wicked fun. Although I haven't been doing so much of it lately cos I stacked it pretty badly one time last summer trying to do a trick and it seriously hurt so I've been kneeboarding a bit more lately cos I'm worried I might brake a leg or something.

m8itcanw8.com
#5 Old 06-08-2009, 06:17 AM
Veggie Regular

I decided to go with a boat club for a year, it wasn't that much more expensive than what slip fees and maintenance would be so I decided to see what I thought for a year. I have absolutely loved it so far. I forgot how much I loved being out on the water.

I've been borrowing their wakeboards but think I need to get my own that fits me better so I can start doing the stuff that's gonna get me hurt :LOL:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page