Happy St. Patrick's Day - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-16-2003, 05:53 PM
Veggie Regular

A little early, but hope everyone has a great St. Pat's day tomorrow.

Remember to stop by your local pub and have a stout and some good times

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-16-2003, 07:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I REALLY wanna go to the parade!! But my voice lesson is at 13h00 and the parade starts at 12h00- which means a serious lack of time enough to get there, with the crowds!!

I haven't decided what to do about it yet.

But as an interesting aside, I checked my phone messages this morning and found a hilarious series of messages from my friend Andrew, who left them last night, while I was sitting inside my house, bored, having forgotten my cell in the car:

(It should be noted at this juncture that Andrew and I have a long and proud history of leaving amusing, and or musically themed messages for one another. This one was by far the best, however.)

Message #1- (TONS of pub noise in the back ground through all these) "Hey Avalon! It is Andrew! Lalalala! I'm at McKibbons, and I know it's a bit early for St.Patty's but we've started celebrating anyway, so come on down here!!"

#2- "Avalon! [singing] Tuuuuurallluuura luraaaaaaah! Tuuuraluuuurah laaaayyyyyy! [still singing] Get your ass on down here! Cause it's St. PAtty's dayyyyy! --- AND I'M DRINKING GUINESSSS!!! *giggle*"

#3- " ......... [pregnant pause] Hey, Avalon! For her eyes were brown and her hair was looonnnnggg [launches into Irish tune] blah blah blah sing sing sing [around this time you notice he's begun slurring a bit...] of my sweet lady faiiiirrrrrrrrrrr! Avalon!!!! *whine* CALL me BAAAACKKKK! Dee's here and everything!!"

#4- "[slurring obviously now] ... okay okay... [whispering:] shut up guys, I'm about to... here goes... [yelling] ON! GRAFTON! STREET! IN! NOVEMBER! WE'D BEEN WALKING ALONG THE... [etc] *giggle* [hangs up]"

#5- "[Andrew in the background whispering:] "1-2-3, GO!" [drunken and unintelligible foreign voice:] "...ARblah...blannerve...smuh... patty'sdayzzzz.... plurBLAH!!!" [Andrew's voice again] Hahah! ASz youu can tell, thah -wasDee, anhesaysh, yewbedder git yerass downere, cuz wur having funn... so callmeBACK, o-KAY? ......... okay. Yeash. Gooood... Oh dear. Why aren'tchou here yett? ughn... *click*"
#3 Old 03-16-2003, 07:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I have to call him, I'm thinking...
#4 Old 03-16-2003, 08:56 PM
Veggie Regular

ditto ladies. be safe but more importantly have fun .

‎"I just think there's something in being lost. I never feel lost. I just think, 'Oh. I've taken a diversion'." ~ Karl Pilkington
#5 Old 03-16-2003, 09:05 PM
Veggie Regular

lol he sounds like fun

my roommate is part irish and says he's never not gone drinking on st' patrick's day, so we're getting dragged out tomorrow to Molly Bloom's (irish pub) after work. he works at like 7am though so we probably won't be out real late. i figure i can have 3 or 4 drinks max and if i'm home by midnight i'll be a-ok for work on tuesday. but at the same bar tomorrow there's also a going away party for bf's manager so we might have difficulties getting out of there at a decent time.

i just realized tonight that i have nothing green to wear tomorrow though i do have a flashy hair clip with springy shamrocks sticking out all over. i bought clothes today too, i should've got the shirt in green instead of blue just for this purpose. oh well.

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#6 Old 03-17-2003, 09:00 AM
Veggie Regular

OOOH! I can wear my Irish rugby shirt today!!!

I forgot I had it!! (And my giant Baileys HAt!! woohooo!)
#7 Old 03-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Veggie Regular

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to all! Don't forget your green this morning! I can't wait to go out tonite!!
#8 Old 03-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Veggie Regular

If some guy uses my not wearing green today as an excuse to pinch my ass, I will then proceed to slap him into next week.

Despite my Irish herritage, I'm not doing squat to celebrate. Maybe I'll just listen to the Pogues.
#9 Old 03-18-2003, 12:28 AM
Veggie Regular

this cake was the st. patty's day project my son and i worked on together. please note his superb artistic ability with the shamrock.
LL
#10 Old 03-18-2003, 12:29 AM
Veggie Regular

t'was a chocolate cake, with peppermint frosting! and a roight foine cake it tasted, b'gorrah!
LL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page