Football - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-06-2003, 07:54 AM
Veggie Regular

Yea, now this is what I'm talking about. A forum dedicated to sports....OKAY, could there possibly be a better week of football than this week.

Local interest pits Oklahoma vs K State for big 12 championship here at Arrowhead tonight....

Then tomorrow....The Chiefs visit the jackasses, (the biggest talkers of the NFL), we'll see if they can backup that smack on the field.

Other great games going on....Oh Yea, anyone say Dolphins vs Patriots....how about Titans vs Colts.....I mean come on now, something has to give, how about a nice L for the Patriots and move the Chiefs one step closer to the home field advantage. Keep us at home and I like our chances...anyone that comes through ARROWHEAD will have to play one hell of a ball game to beat us!!

Also look forward to that smashmouth matchup....Bengals vs Ravens!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-06-2003, 10:54 AM

I'm heading to the Bills vs Jets game 2moro. The Bills season is all but over already. K.C. Looks good, but I think Indy and New England R better and one of which will rep the AFC this year.
#3 Old 12-06-2003, 11:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Alas, I have given up on football. My heart was broken one too many times by the team I once adored so... (sniff) It hurts just thinking about it.
#4 Old 12-06-2003, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrafae View Post

Alas, I have given up on football. My heart was broken one too many times by the team I once adored so...

You can never give up!!! Even if you're a... well... a Redskins fan!!!
#5 Old 12-06-2003, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Kid View Post

Then tomorrow....The Chiefs visit the jackasses, (the biggest talkers of the NFL), we'll see if they can backup that smack on the field.

Oh please, you listen to that stuff-for-brains Eddie Kennison this week?? SAM Kennison would talk a better game than that! Still, always gonna love that trip to Mile High!

Quote:

Also look forward to that smashmouth matchup....Bengals vs Ravens!!

Is it just me or does this look not unlike the Raven's Superbowl year (99) ? The big difference: They're even scoring points! ON OFFENSE!!! Still, KC looks the team to beat...
#6 Old 12-06-2003, 01:32 PM

By the way, anyone play Madden 2004 for PC online?
#7 Old 12-06-2003, 01:40 PM
Veggie Regular

[QUOTE=Max Power]Oh please, you listen to that stuff-for-brains Eddie Kennison this week?? SAM Kennison would talk a better game than that! Still, always gonna love that trip to Mile High!

Yea, Eddie got a bum deal, but he just needs to shut his mouth and play ball. His comments were retailiation to comments being sprung all week by Denver players, its been in the news out here every day. We find it amusing, especially since they are 4 games back with 4 to play. Denver fans are a bunch of cry babies, just look at the Denver post...with the article....KC CHIEFS NFL"S BIGGEST FRAUD....how amusing. A poll went up on the newspaper on which team has the best chance of going to the Super-Bowl. KC was not listed, but after all of us KC fans got on the site, KC was listed as 39%, which they must have obtained from everyone voting "other" LOL.

Looking forward to a hard hitting, good game..Watch for Holmes to take charge and yes I will be in the game too....Watch out for the man himself, JASON DUNN #89, sneaking in for a score!
#8 Old 12-06-2003, 02:15 PM

Houahh, FINALLY a sports board! KC and Robert, thanks for all your help in getting this going

I'm watching the NFC this weekend, and in particular the Dallas/Philly matchup. Both of those teams are only one game ahead of the Panthers and I'm betting on a win for my Cats this weekend over Atlanta, even with Michael Vick returning for the Falcons. If we prevail this weekend we've got a couple of easy matchups ahead. I smell PLAYOFFS BAY-BEE . . . .

Max, what about those Redskins, Spurrier, et al? I seem to recall some serious preseason chatter out of you, what's happened in DC??
#9 Old 12-06-2003, 03:09 PM
Veggie Regular

KC - you sound bitter after years of the Broncos relentlessly spanking the Chiefs. The Broncos should have been arrested for child abuse! It makes for very bitter KC fans.

Well, we'll see tomorrow. I'll try to keep track of how many times I hear the Bronco fans yell "In..come..plete" when the Chiefs drop the ball.
#10 Old 12-06-2003, 04:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Should be a great game! Go Broncos!! Woohoo!
#11 Old 12-06-2003, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankruptor View Post

Houahh, FINALLY a sports board! KC and Robert, thanks for all your help in getting this going

Here here!

Quote:

Max, what about those Redskins, Spurrier, et al? I seem to recall some serious preseason chatter out of you, what's happened in DC??

I'm still siked for the future of the team... I expected a .500 season, perhaps even 10-6 if Coles proved to be the man (and he DID!) I don't know what's happening in D.C. Everything is still getting ironed-out: Spurrier's system in the NFL, especially. And finally owner Daniel Snyder has gotten over the "buy my way to a Lombardi trpohy" strategy... But yeah, disapointing year for the Burgandy and Gold!

Funny... I used to be an ABC fan (Anyone But the Cowboys) but since moving to the Philly area and learning what truely awful fan support looks like, I'll be looking for the big upset this weekend. Go get 'em 'Boys!!!
#12 Old 12-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Banned

Hey forget the 'skins, Go University of Delaware Blue Hens!!! On the way to a Div. I-AA National championship!!!

Quote:

NEWARK, Del. -- Germaine Bennett ran for a career-high 140 yards and scored two touchdowns to help Delaware beat Northern Iowa 37-7 on Saturday in the NCAA Division I-AA quarterfinals.

The start of the game was delayed 30 minutes by a storm that dumped 6 inches of snow overnight.

Antawn Jenkins also ran for two TDs touchdowns for the Blue Hens (13-1), who advanced to the semifinals for the first time since 1986.

Delaware, which has won four straight games, will play the winner of the quarterfinal between Western Kentucky and Wofford.

Tom Petrie scored for Northern Iowa (10-3), which had won two straight and 10 of 11. The Panthers were denied a sixth trip to the semifinals since 1985.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1679853
#13 Old 12-06-2003, 04:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Anyone doing Fantasy football?
#14 Old 12-06-2003, 11:11 PM
Veggie Regular

I am just learning football. In fact I watched my first whole game a couple of weeks ago. I know very little but I am really starting to get into it. I like 49ers because T.O. is a stud hehe. Does anyone know when the 49ers play next. I suppose I could look it up but.........LAZY

Anyone excited about the packer game tomorrow? I watch football every sunday all day almost.
#15 Old 12-06-2003, 11:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu View Post

Anyone doing Fantasy football?

I've been in a private league since High School. I just re-entered after one year off. It isn't going to well this year for the Whiskey Tango
#16 Old 12-06-2003, 11:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Hahaha, ya know... I'm betting even a CFL team could beat the Redskins this year .. lol
#17 Old 12-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Veggie Regular

My friend is doing some Fantasy Football. Tomorrow game will either drop him to third or bring him up to first so its a make or break day for him. I bet his fingernails willl be gonne. hehe
#18 Old 12-07-2003, 12:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post

Hahaha, ya know... I'm betting even a CFL team could beat the Redskins this year .. lol

what... ever...

Perhaps, but at least we'd still beat the Browns
#19 Old 12-07-2003, 03:45 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainvegan View Post

KC - you sound bitter after years of the Broncos relentlessly spanking the Chiefs. The Broncos should have been arrested for child abuse! It makes for very bitter KC fans.

Well, we'll see tomorrow. I'll try to keep track of how many times I hear the Bronco fans yell "In..come..plete" when the Chiefs drop the ball.

Actually just giving Broncos fans a hard time. I just became a Chiefs fan 3 yrs ago, so I avoided most of the hell. Was a die hard Bears fan for the first 25 yrs and then when I first moved out here, a buddy gave me a ticket to a Monday night game at Arrowhead. I was converted to a Chiefs fan at that point, I've been to a lot of stadiums/sporting events and I have never, ever seen a crowd so loud in all my life. Arrowhead is a good time.

Should be a good game tomorrow...

Here were the comments I was referring to my original post, seemed a bit harsh, like either the columist or some of the Broncos players were a bit bitter:

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,...?search=filter
#20 Old 12-07-2003, 08:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post

I've been in a private league since High School. I just re-entered after one year off. It isn't going to well this year for the Whiskey Tango

Cool! It was my first year this year but am hooked now.
#21 Old 12-07-2003, 08:24 AM

So....I take it no one here plays Madden 2004 online?
#22 Old 12-07-2003, 12:00 PM
Banned

Guess not, falaf! I was going to get it for the XBOX b/c I figured the 2004 games would be online-enabled. What a crapfest that turned out to be. So I bought a Gamecube instead!
#23 Old 12-07-2003, 07:20 PM
Veggie Regular

BRONCOS.... Portis!!
#24 Old 12-07-2003, 08:07 PM
Banned

Holy crap did I get spanked in fantasy this week! 71-9 through the 4pm games!!!
#25 Old 12-07-2003, 08:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Here were the comments I was referring to my original post, seemed a bit harsh, like either the columist or some of the Broncos players were a bit bitter

Yeah, sounds like the columnist was overboard calling an 11 - 1 team a fraud. I hadn't seen that.

Al Wilson was right though, the Broncos might have had a tough middle season, but they're not to be taken lightly now, especially at Mile High.
#26 Old 12-07-2003, 08:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu View Post

BRONCOS.... Portis!!

Oh yeah, that's for sure.
#27 Old 12-08-2003, 06:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainvegan View Post

Oh yeah, that's for sure.

Great game! For us anyway!
#28 Old 12-08-2003, 07:49 AM

Even though i froze my arse off yesterday at the game, the Bills dominated the Jets with a power running game. It was great.
#29 Old 12-08-2003, 03:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Doh. How 'bout those Chiefs?
#30 Old 12-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Veggie Regular

The Browns just keep breaking my heart.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page