Football - Page 3 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#61 Old 01-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh...rooting for the Panthers...I absolutely hate Martz, let Holt get his and put the crunches on Faulk and the running game....Bulger is prone to throw INT, if he is forced to throw...eventually he will make some mistakes!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 Old 01-10-2004, 07:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Panthers win, Panthers win!! That game was one for the ages...Now pulling for the Packers tomorrow so the Panthers get one more game in CLT.
#63 Old 01-10-2004, 07:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Just AWESOME....absolutely AWESOME...congrats to the Panthers and their fans!!
#64 Old 01-10-2004, 08:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Good luck to you as well vs. Indy tomorrow...What's the over/under on the game, 1,000?
#65 Old 01-10-2004, 08:08 PM

The Rams r so dumb !!! 20 seconds left 1 timeout remaing at the 20 yard line and they run the clock out to kick a field goal to go into overtime. This has to be the dumbest play I have seen in a long time when the game is on the line. Why not try to get a touchdown and win the freaking game??? They had at least 2 shots before having to try a field goal.

I'll still got Indy though to go all the way. I hope the Titans can pull an upset against the Pats, but these Pats look really strong. Philly should smash the Pack 2moro.
#66 Old 01-10-2004, 08:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Lost a bundle on the Rams...........d'oh..
#67 Old 01-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Go Panthers!!! Charlotte is crazy right now, and last night's game was one for the ages.
#68 Old 01-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WfuDeac View Post

Go Panthers!!! Charlotte is crazy right now, and last night's game was one for the ages.

Oh come one, isn't that a bit strong? I mean, the game would likely have been over in regulation is (A) 'Lina didn't get soft on D on the last drive, or (B) Mike Martz didn't leave his minerals at home (b/c the M&M I remember would have at least tried for a TD and not settled for OT).

Besides, Carolina penaltied their way to a close game - the only reason it was close is all the damn laundry on the field.

God help us if Philly wins. I hate them so much. The Packers better get it done tonight. I don't see Carolina taking it to Philly.
#69 Old 01-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Veggie Regular

Max:

You're not giving the Panthers' D enough credit. Did you see Ricky Manning's interception of Torry Holt?! How about Julius Peppers (even though he went to Ewe-NC) breaking up some key pass plays? All we heard last week (especially from Cowboys fans) is that Carolina has no way of stopping the Greatest Show on Turf, with all of St. Louis' offensive weapons and the fact that they were in a dome. The crowd was shocked, as they probably expected the Rams to roll considering they hadn't lost a game at home this year.

Maybe the game shouldn't have even been that close! Stephen Davis would have been in for a TD if he hadn't strained his quad, and he definitely would have been a factor in the rest of the game had he not been injured. St Louis couldn't stop him running in the first quarter. Even if Martz had tried for a TD, it doesn't necessarily mean that they would have gotten in. If I recall, St. Louis didn't have much success getting into the endzone for their first three attempts.

I give lots of credit for the Panthers to go into St. Louis and not crack under the pressure, crowd noise, etc. St. Louis was hyped all week, and as a sportswriter today said: "St. Louis was the Porsche 911, and the Panthers were the family van." Too bad the Porsche 911 had the equivalent of a little old lady behind the wheel, sitting on a seat cushion to peer over the steering wheel.
#70 Old 01-11-2004, 11:40 AM

Bouyah!! Panthers squeaked out another ugly, close win. I'm gonna buy a couple of bottle of Don Dueno with my winnings . . .

Let's go Green Bay!!!
#71 Old 01-11-2004, 11:45 AM

Panthers are good, I respect them, but really, the Rams had a shot at ending it and blew it. I don't think GB will get past Philly or Carolina. I think it'll be the Colts Vs. Eagles this year. Colts take it all. I don't really care though, none of these teams are my team.
#72 Old 01-11-2004, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WfuDeac View Post

Max:

You're not giving the Panthers' D enough credit. Did you see Ricky Manning's interception of Torry Holt?! How about Julius Peppers (even though he went to Ewe-NC) breaking up some key pass plays? All we heard last week (especially from Cowboys fans) is that Carolina has no way of stopping the Greatest Show on Turf, with all of St. Louis' offensive weapons and the fact that they were in a dome. The crowd was shocked, as they probably expected the Rams to roll considering they hadn't lost a game at home this year.

The key play was Peppers batting down the screen pass on 3rd and 7 in OT that led to the long FG attempt. The kick was barely short, and if the Rams get much of anything on the screen (I saw a hole for at least 5 yards), the Rams win the game. Big play.
#73 Old 01-11-2004, 02:33 PM

I gotta say there isn't a better QB in the game than Payton Manning. I hope my Bills can somehow draft his younger brother this year, Eli and dump the statue of a QB we got in Bledsoe. Amazing how the Colts haven't punted as of 11 minutes left in the 4th QT today in the last 2 games. They are murdering teams with letting him adjust plays at the line and using the no huddle.

Props to Dnate Hall though, he had another awesome return today. The Chiefs got a great coach in Vermil, they just need a defense, but then again, no defense can really stop Payton.
#74 Old 01-12-2004, 06:21 AM

Carolina can beat the Eagles. We came damn close the last time we played them. Bill Parcells even said that Carolina could take Philly right after we sent the Cowboys home.

I just hope we WILL . . . .
#75 Old 01-12-2004, 08:42 AM
Veggie Regular

Man.. the Packers game last night was amazing... until overtime. Poor Favre. But, it was a really bad throw on his part. I wonder if he'll stick to his word and actually retire?
#76 Old 01-12-2004, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I wonder if he'll stick to his word and actually retire?

I am pretty sure he said he'd only retire of the Pack won the superbowl this year. So, maybe there will be one more year of Brett.
#77 Old 01-12-2004, 09:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post

What's NOT to hate!?!?! I hate the Eagles franchise... I hate the Eagles' fugly-ass stadium (the old one AND the new one)... I hate Eagles fans (and Sixers fans) b/c they're bandwagon-riding, turncoating, fair-weather-cheering, *****-fans who boo they're "star" quarterback the minute he has a bad game... I hate their ugly green uniforms and even more so their stupid black jerseys they wore for one game just before the holiday shopping season started and I hate that they beat the Redskins.

Ha Ha! Philly wins!
#78 Old 01-12-2004, 09:16 AM

I don't mind Philly. McNabb is the 2nd best QB this year. He'll get schooled by manning in the Super Bowl this year though.

I think the Pats will be blown out this week, whereas the Carolina/Philly game could go either way, but I'll take Philly in a close one. These have been the most exciting playoff games in years.
#79 Old 01-12-2004, 09:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalafelsRule View Post

I don't mind Philly. McNabb is the 2nd best QB this year. He'll get schooled by manning in the Super Bowl this year though.

I think the Pats will be blown out this week, whereas the Carolina/Philly game could go either way, but I'll take Philly in a close one. These have been the most exciting playoff games in years.

I think so too, the games had me on the edge of my seat. Even my boy was into it.
#80 Old 01-12-2004, 09:56 AM

I remember a few years back hearing Nate Newton talking about the worst stadiums to play. Without any hesitation he said Philly. He was talking about how the visiting players were immediately pelted with batteries and golf balls as they came onto the field, and how he'd glance up into the stands only to see the Philly fans sitting up there eating their own children.
#81 Old 01-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Veggie Regular

But now Philly has a new half billion dollar stadium, do they still eat their kids?
#82 Old 01-12-2004, 09:57 AM

WFU, good call on the Indy game, btw. Just remember, what team was it that went to Indianapolis and beat the Colts at home this year? Why, if memory serves me correctly I DO believe it was Carolina . . .
#83 Old 01-12-2004, 09:59 AM

WEBBUM, I dunno, but if they had any foresight they may have some kind of shield to keep the fans from throwing full beers at the visiting teams . . . heh
#84 Old 01-12-2004, 12:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankruptor View Post

WEBBUM, I dunno, but if they had any foresight they may have some kind of shield to keep the fans from throwing full beers at the visiting teams . . . heh

Like Cleveland fans did as well!
#85 Old 01-18-2004, 04:07 PM
Veggie Regular

and, yet again, i have to comment:

go pats!
#86 Old 01-18-2004, 09:31 PM

Stv, I wonder how much some new enhanced health insurance premiums would cost right now for Brady and a few of those Pats?

I think I'll send Donovan McNabb some flowers or something, he may have to spend a few days in the hospital, it seems . . . :thwack:

I must admit it, WHO called it, eh guys and gals? Carolina walks into the Super Bowl intact, with no injured players, at the top of their game. Whoda thunk it, huh?? Well, ok, *I* would have, as would WFU!!

Go Panthers . . . you'll need it guys, those Pats are the best team in football . . .

Bank, just reveling in how wonderful it is to be a sports fan these days as the Panthers are going to the big show, AND the Tarheels knocked off #1 UCONN in roundball yesterday . . .
#87 Old 01-18-2004, 10:09 PM
Banned

So glad the Pats won.... I couldn't deal with a bunch of "Eagles make it to their first Superbowl" propaganda. However...

Pats 35 Panthers 13
#88 Old 01-19-2004, 04:27 AM

I think the refs did a bad job in the Pats/Colts game. The Pats did outplay them though. I hope Carolina can somehow win. So much for Manning and McNabb being the best 2 QB's.
#89 Old 01-19-2004, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post

So glad the Pats won.... I couldn't deal with a bunch of "Eagles make it to their first Superbowl" propaganda. However...

Que? Didn't the Eagles win a Super bowl back around 1981 with Vermeil?
#90 Old 01-19-2004, 09:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tame View Post

Que? Didn't the Eagles win a Super bowl back around 1981 with Vermeil?

Pardon me... I always get confused whether they're trying to GO to or WIN their first 'Bowl. They lost in '81 to Oakland. That's their only trip to the Big Game.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page