Cruise Control - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Veggie Regular

When I was younger and first starting to drive, my sister and I drove around my grandma's neighborhood to smoke a cigarette. Since we were in a residential zone and I have a led foot I put on the cruise control at around 35. At the time she told me that it wasn't good for the car, and that you shouldn't use cruise control under 40 miles an hour. I never questioned it and have just not used it when going non-highway speeds.

Does anyone have any proof or experience that this is indeed true? I find myself during traffic and like times setting my cruise control. Should I not do this at lower speeds?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-29-2009, 08:09 AM
Veggie Regular

I've never heard that before, I'm not sure either. I hope somebody knows.

I know my boyfriend is a car guy and he sets his at low speeds sometimes because the cops around my house are notorious for pulling people over at 5 miles over the speed limit
#3 Old 03-29-2009, 08:12 AM
Veggie Regular

Depending on the vehicle most minimums are 25-35mph.
#4 Old 03-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Veggie Regular

So it's different levels for different cars, not across the board, so I'll rephrase the question. CAn it cause any problems with the vehicle if set at the lowest possible cruise speed? It's essentially just mimicing a really steady foot, right? So it shouldn't be a problem?
#5 Old 03-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Do you have the owners manual? It should be in there. I think most vehicles won't let you set it under the minimum speed. As far as danger goes, I have no idea but I guess the manufacturer wouldnt set a minimum for no reason.
#6 Old 03-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaybackGuru View Post

Do you have the owners manual? It should be in there. I think most vehicles won't let you set it under the minimum speed. As far as danger goes, I have no idea but I guess the manufacturer wouldnt set a minimum for no reason.

That's kinda my thinking. I'll go get the manual out of the car, cause yes I do have it

-my manual say 25, YAY! She must have not known what she was talking about and really should have said it's not really good for city driving and safety, but no problem for the car
#7 Old 03-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page