Friends of Animals needs support ideas - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Again, not sure if this is the right spot (as it's not an AR call to arms so)...

From an FoA email this morning:

During this difficult economy, Friends of Animals continues to support its vital mission to help animals through its dedication to low cost spay and neuter programs; we are committed to 450 residents at the Primarily Primates sanctuary, and to saving marine animals in California with our partnership with Marine Animal Rescue; theres also our work on behalf of wolves in Alaska, wild horses in the West, Monk Parakeets in Connecticut, the seals in Canada who are still slaughtered for their fur. With increasingly limited resources, we continue to do our best for the animals. But we need your help.

In San Antonio, Texas the animals who live at Primarily Primatesone of the nations few sanctuaries for animals whove been subjected to animal experimentation or who are abandoned petsstill need to be cared for, regardless of the economic climate. Providing food, shelter, veterinary care and enrichment for these refugee animals is costly, and as our nation struggles with a frightening economic state, Friends of Animals must still find ways to fund programs that, for countless animals, is a matter of life and death.

I am writing to you today to ask if you might have ideas for ways which you can help Friends of Animals. I am writing with the hope of soliciting ideas and collaborationknowing full-well that many of you are also struggling. It is with these thoughts in mind that I ask that you consider ways in which you might be able to raise funds to help keep these important programs running. Maybe you belong to a group that can hold a car wash or tag sale and donate the proceeds; or perhaps you have an upcoming birthday or special anniversary when friends and family can honor you with a donation. If you are blessed enough to feel that you can afford a donation, there has never been a more important time to give.

I would happy to hear from you to discuss any ideas you might have. I look forward to working with you as we continue to advocate for the animals.

Please feel free to email by replying back to this email, or call me at 203-656-1522.

Thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Bob Orabona

Operations Director

Friends of Animals

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page