Epic communications failure [junk mail delivery] - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Banned

How many more ****ing stickers can I put on my ****ing mailbox???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Veggie Regular

It's good to have a picture of your mailbox, so I will know where to drop all the Ikea art print ads in

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#3 Old 01-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

It's good to have a picture of your mailbox, so I will know where to drop all the Ikea art print ads in

You don't let go easily, do you?

In through your nose, out through your mouth.
#4 Old 01-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Veggie Regular

that sucks...

You can call the newspaper office and tell them to stop delivering flyers. There is usually a list that goes out with the mail carriers... IF they'll follow it is another story
#5 Old 01-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targettarget View Post

In through your nose, out through your mouth.

My anatomy isn't that simple. It's actually in through a hole in my knee, filtered through my liver and then processed by a special organ yet to be found by modern science but casually mentioned in Sumerian oral traditions.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#6 Old 01-24-2009, 01:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Do you expect your mailman to sort your mail for you? The mailman is just doing his job, if you want junk mail to stop you have to go the the source.

Maybe, try some of the advice on this site: http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs4-junk.htm
#7 Old 01-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post

Do you expect your mailman to sort your mail for you? The mailman is just doing his job, if you want junk mail to stop you have to go the the source.

Maybe, try some of the advice on this site: http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs4-junk.htm

Well, that's a difference between the US and Canada. Up here, we have a private company that delivers rash mail on the weekends. They drive around with 5-6 people in a rental cargo van and drop this garbage off.

This is not a postal employee or postmaster issue, it has nothing to do with them up here.

It has everything to do with these idiots (there I go "judging" again) not paying attention or not having the ability to read.
#8 Old 01-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, people with comprehension problems can be pretty irritating.
#9 Old 01-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyeeqen View Post

Yeah, people with comprehension problems can be pretty irritating.

Your preaching to the choir.
#10 Old 01-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Your preaching to the choir.

Something like that.
#11 Old 01-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Veggie Regular

Must be exaughsting to be so angry and frustrated all the time.

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#12 Old 01-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyeeqen View Post

Something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

Somebody has to put a little edge in this place. Otherwise it would just turn into one big Libertarded love fest featuring "time-outs" and "hug-a-thug" threads.
#13 Old 01-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Well, that's a difference between the US and Canada. Up here, we have a private company that delivers rash mail on the weekends. They drive around with 5-6 people in a rental cargo van and drop this garbage off.

This is not a postal employee or postmaster issue, it has nothing to do with them up here.

It has everything to do with these idiots (there I go "judging" again) not paying attention or not having the ability to read.

In the US that would be a federal crime.
#14 Old 01-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Otherwise it would just turn into one big Libertarded love fest featuring "time-outs" and "hug-a-thug" threads.

And you're asking me if I ever let go.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

#15 Old 01-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenseas View Post

And you're asking me if I ever let go.

That would be a crime against my heart.
#16 Old 01-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Veggie Regular

or it would be a place where people could complain about junk mail delivery and expect people to pay attention to a bunch of silly stickers on a mail box.

#17 Old 01-24-2009, 04:27 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm in Canada and I've never heard of people driving around in vans dropping off flyers. The flyers I used to get were from my mail carrier. But they have the Red Dot program at Canada Post, where you can put a red dot sticker on your mail box and the mail carrier won't drop off any unaddressed mail. I have a red dot and a "Please, no ad mail" sign on my mailbox, and I haven't gotten any junk mail in months. I did start to get junk mail again when they changed to a different mail man (he was either lazy or didn't see the dot and big sign!), but I just phoned my local post office and complained, and they apologized profusely and I never got junk mail again.
#18 Old 01-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaybackGuru View Post

or it would be a place where people could complain about junk mail delivery and expect people to pay attention to a bunch of silly stickers on a mail box.

The program in Canada is sponsored by Canada Post, and they are supposed to do their best to ensure people who don't want junk mail don't get junk mail. It's their own policy, so of course they should pay attention to the "silly stickers" on a mail box.

But if these are third-party people driving around just to drop off flyers, they won't bother to look at the stickers.
#19 Old 01-24-2009, 04:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Mail it all back to them.
#20 Old 01-24-2009, 04:42 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

They are not idiots, they are people who want to get paid. They get paid per amount they drop off. Whether or not the fact they are irritating you by doing their job, whether or not their job irritates your, are other things altogether. They fall into similar categories to telemarketers and those professional "charity" collectors for me. Annoying, desperate, no jobs skills or they wouldn't walkers, but I'm quite sure they have comprehension skills. They are just choosing to ignore your requests so they can have money to pay their rent. Just recycle it and stop being so angry and self-righteous. It must be sweet for you to live a life where you don't have to do this kind of work for a living, not to have to worry about money or rent or those petty little things the dirty and uneducated plebs you so despise worry about. Seriously, take it out, walk three steps to the recycle bin, and don't **** a brick over the little things.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#21 Old 01-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

Whether or not the fact they are irritating you by doing their job, whether or not their job irritates your, are other things altogether.

What is it with this "Just doing his/her job" arguement.

If my job was to get into traffic accidents with a company vehicle, would that make it justifiable?

"Opps, sorry about that, I just totally smashed your car. But don't blame me, I'm just doing my job".

Ya, it doesn't fly.
#22 Old 01-24-2009, 04:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

+1

just recycle the stuff and get over it. Is it really worth making such a fuss?
#23 Old 01-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Quote:

What is it with this "Just doing his/her job" arguement.

If my job was to get into traffic accidents with a company vehicle, would that make it justifiable?

"Opps, sorry about that, I just totally smashed your car. But don't blame me, I'm just doing my job".

Ya, it doesn't fly.

That's a completely different thing and you know it. I never said it wasn't wrong, it is, it's irritating. But that's all. Screaming and crying and gnashing your teeth, and pretending people are stupid when they are not is unhelpful. Trying to make yourself feel somehow superior by slagging off people as being "unable to read" and "having comprehension problems" is just flat out arrogant. Again, it must be really nice for you to never have had to take a ****ty job to get by.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#24 Old 01-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:

They are not idiots, they are people who want to get paid. They get paid per amount they drop off. Whether or not the fact they are irritating you by doing their job, whether or not their job irritates your, are other things altogether. They fall into similar categories to telemarketers and those professional "charity" collectors for me. Annoying, desperate, no jobs skills or they wouldn't walkers, but I'm quite sure they have comprehension skills. They are just choosing to ignore your requests so they can have money to pay their rent.

pretty much this. maybe not the 'no job skills' bit, but certainly the rest. they're just doing their jobs. its not a job i'd enjoy doing.

if you don't want the junkmail, maybe have a friendly chat with the delivery person and offer them the 10 cents or whatever that delivering your personal junkmail pile pays them, in cash, a couple months in advance, along with the suggestion that they put your junkmail into the letterbox of a neighbour you dislike, instead of your mailbox.

that way your lucky neighbour gets twice as many discount coupons for marks work wearhouse and maccie d's, the carrier gets paid and makes a little bonus, and for a couple of bucks a year you don't get junkmail.
#25 Old 01-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:

Trying to make yourself feel somehow superior by slagging off people as being "unable to read" and "having comprehension problems" is just flat out arrogant.

Maybe you didn't see the picture.

My mailbox has 2 stickers with a very clear message.

I can only assume that if THEY COULD READ, I wouldn't have junk mail in my mailbox. But that's just me. I'm fairly irrational and quite judgmental when it comes to things like this, as as been pointed out in other threads.
#26 Old 01-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I put a "please don't read" sign by the gas meter attached to my house, but every 2 months, some moron comes along and writes down how much we've used. Stupid public employees....
#27 Old 01-24-2009, 06:02 PM
Banned

Quote:

Maybe you didn't see the picture.

My mailbox has 2 stickers with a very clear message.

I can only assume that if THEY COULD READ, I wouldn't have junk mail in my mailbox. But that's just me. I'm fairly irrational and quite judgmental when it comes to things like this, as as been pointed out in other threads.

yeah, if i put a sticker saying 'don't punch me in the face' on my forehead and then go around winding random people up.... do you think they'd not be able to punch me in the face? or that those who did punch me must all be illiterate?

nope, they'd just have made a choice to do what they wanted to do regardless of what i wanted them to do. ...and cos i'm not an all powerful omnipotent ruler of the universe, they can actually utilise free will like that.
#28 Old 01-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

They are not idiots, they are people who want to get paid. They get paid per amount they drop off. Whether or not the fact they are irritating you by doing their job, whether or not their job irritates your, are other things altogether. They fall into similar categories to telemarketers and those professional "charity" collectors for me. Annoying, desperate, no jobs skills or they wouldn't walkers, but I'm quite sure they have comprehension skills. They are just choosing to ignore your requests so they can have money to pay their rent. Just recycle it and stop being so angry and self-righteous. It must be sweet for you to live a life where you don't have to do this kind of work for a living, not to have to worry about money or rent or those petty little things the dirty and uneducated plebs you so despise worry about. Seriously, take it out, walk three steps to the recycle bin, and don't **** a brick over the little things.

#29 Old 01-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by abroadinSacto View Post

I put a "please don't read" sign by the gas meter attached to my house, but every 2 months, some moron comes along and writes down how much we've used. Stupid public employees....

#30 Old 01-24-2009, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by abroadinSacto View Post

Your gas utility isn't publicly owned, therefore it's not a "public employee" who checks it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page