webkins--HELP!! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Veggie Regular

i am so confused! i am wanting to buy webkins for my kids. there are hundreds of cute webkinz. some say they are new with an unused code. does this mean if it doesnt say that, it has a used code, and if so, can my kid still use it?

there are some that say it is seasonal--well, how do i know if it is in season now?

some say they are retired--does that mean my kid wont be able to use it?

i dont want to place an order and end up with disappointment if they cant use it!! AAARGH!! i am too old to understand all this!!

is anyone here familiar with them??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Where are you looking to buy them from? My daughter uses these (she has two already, each new one gets them a year online, so my suggestion would be to only buy one per kid/per year, since the year only counts from the day you activated the webkins, and it's not added to the first year)

If you buy the Webkins new, it's supposed to automatically have an unused code. The only way I'd see it have a used code was if it was a used Webkins, and you don't want that. Each code (meaning each Webkins) can only be used by one account.

Hope that helps!
#3 Old 12-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Veggie Regular

that does help thank you--what about the retired thing? i just did a google search "buy webkins online. do they have them in regular stores or only online?
#4 Old 12-01-2008, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedley View Post

that does help thank you--what about the retired thing? i just did a google search "buy webkins online. do they have them in regular stores or only online?

I dont have any personal experience with them, but I think the retired thing just means that, that webkin isn't made any more. So, it's kinda rare, they dont make more of it. If it has an unused code, then it should work find.

I've seen them in stores.
#5 Old 12-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by animallover7249 View Post

I dont have any personal experience with them, but I think the retired thing just means that, that webkin isn't made any more. So, it's kinda rare, they dont make more of it. If it has an unused code, then it should work find.

I've seen them in stores.

cool--thanks!
#6 Old 12-01-2008, 10:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I have a friend who is the Webkins Trivia Queen. I'll ask her, but I *think*the retired ones mean the code is expired too... I am not sure, but it does have something to do with the code...

You can buy them in Hallmark stores and Walgreens has "Little-Kins" which are still the Webkins brand, but cheaper and smaller but the code works the same...
#7 Old 12-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu-N-Sprouts View Post

I have a friend who is the Webkins Trivia Queen. I'll ask her, but I *think*the retired ones mean the code is expired too... I am not sure, but it does have something to do with the code...

You can buy them in Hallmark stores and Walgreens has "Little-Kins" which are still the Webkins brand, but cheaper and smaller but the code works the same...

thanks! this is all too much for me--cant they just play with blocks?lol
#8 Old 12-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Veggie Regular

lol

yeah my little sister in law is into this crap

you can buy them in stores it's probably safer. any you can buy at the store will have a usable code. hallmark stores usually carry them i think.

basically there is a webkinz website you go to and register etc. when you get a new webkinz toy the code that comes with it gives you a little animated version of the same animal which you play with on the site. you build and decorate a home, buy clothes and stuff for it, etc, with points you earn by playing games on the site, like the trivia games which are actually pretty educational.

IRL you can buy outfits for your toys and i belive they also come with codes so that your virtual critter will receive the same outfit. they also have trading cards, those also come with special codes to get rare items. so a realy nice gift would be a toy, an outfit, and a couple packs of cards. the toys are only about $15 around here, not sure how much outfits are, and the cards are around $3-4 per pack.

if you can find them in stores i would say get it that way rather than on ebay or whatever cause yeah once the code is used you can't reuse it and it's kind of pointless without the code.

i don't know about the retired ones but i would say it just means they don't make them anymore. i think the code should still work if it's unused. but i don't know if i'd want to risk it.

oh and be prepared to get hooked on it yourself. my mother in law agreed to "take care" of SIL's account when she was gone to sleepovers or whatever and next thing we know she's on there more often than the kid and bragging to her about how many points she earned and the cool new items she won etc. she had rooms in the virtual house that she had decorated herself and everything.

it finally sorta died down around here, i don't think either of them go on there much these days but she still sleeps with the toy and carries it around etc. the one she got is a pug that looks a lot like my BIL's real pug so she has sentimental attachment to it

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page