Black Friday - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 11-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I slept in for $0.00.

Not having to drive in crazy traffic or wait in lines was just bonus.

Definitely worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 11-29-2008, 10:42 PM

Nope didnt shop that day...I only did once as a Favor to my parents but never again...My Fiancee and My Brother love to shop that day..but not me if I happen to have the day off...I usually sleep...and wake up and hear about all the nuttiness that has happened.

Peace Love and Happiness

Vegetarianism Roxx

Please Recycle..Go Green Cause Green is Sexy!!

Jenn
#33 Old 11-30-2008, 11:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I don't do the whole black friday thing. After working years in retail I'm convinced I'm emotionally traumatized by the whole thing. The walmart story doesn't shock me at all after seeing how crazy people get on black friday.

maybe the clue's in the name... I would grin to that, except not for the first time, but hearing on UK news only today I am reminded in America (where else) some store rush (riot witnesses said) had killed somebody, and that was the member of staff killed who got trampled on? or perhaps was so stressed had a heart attack?
#34 Old 11-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I don't do the whole black friday thing. After working years in retail I'm convinced I'm emotionally traumatized by the whole thing. The walmart story doesn't shock me at all after seeing how crazy people get on black friday.

maybe the clue's in the name... I would grin to that, except not for the first time, hearing on UK news only today I am reminded in America (where else) some store rush (riot witnesses said) had killed somebody, and that was the member of staff killed who got trampled on? or perhaps was so stressed had a heart attack?
#35 Old 11-30-2008, 11:46 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestGlade34 View Post

maybe the clue's in the name... I would grin to that, except not for the first time, hearing on UK news only today I am reminded in America (where else) some store rush (riot witnesses said) had killed somebody, and that was the member of staff killed who got trampled on? or perhaps was so stressed had a heart attack?

someone doesn't read the previous posts.

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
#36 Old 11-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Veggie Regular

I went to walmart and got a brand new winter Jacket for $8 YAY

The key is to go into the store WITHOUT a cart unless you absolutely need it. You get stuck if you have a cart, but you can weave your way around without one.

People complain, but traffic really isn't THAT terrible. It just like dinner hour, but at 4-5 am lol.

The parking lots are packed though lol.
#37 Old 11-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by otomik View Post

someone doesn't read the previous posts.

Hell no, I just don't read YOUR posts!
#38 Old 11-30-2008, 01:19 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Quote:

You gotta love the honesty here.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#39 Old 11-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

hi, i'm not broccolichick.

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
#40 Old 11-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

you said something foolish because you didn't bother to listen to the conversation. hoodedclawjen made a nice post back at the beginning of this thread that will interest you. get over it, this isn't about you and me.

#41 Old 11-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Can we please try to keep the thread on topic? It's about the deals people got, not personal issues and the craziness that leads to death. Thanks
#42 Old 11-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatrelife101 View Post

I went to walmart and got a brand new winter Jacket for $8 YAY

The key is to go into the store WITHOUT a cart unless you absolutely need it. You get stuck if you have a cart, but you can weave your way around without one.

People complain, but traffic really isn't THAT terrible. It just like dinner hour, but at 4-5 am lol.

The parking lots are packed though lol.

$8! Awesome I didn't even think to check clothing at Target... I'm not sure it was even on sale. It was a MADHOUSE.
#43 Old 12-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Veggie Regular

If I didn't have to work on Black Friday, I probably would have just stayed home. If I went out to shop at all, I would have waited until later in the day when the crowds die down.

As it was I worked from 6:30am-11:30pm on Friday. A long day, but it went by quickly. I was glad to have the weekend off!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page