Spiritual Experiences with Animals - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Veggie Regular

I have to brag about my experience yesterday. It was so awesome! You know one of those experiences you have in nature where you feel the universe is giving you a gift as a way to say, 'you're doing the right things.' Well, this was one of those.

I went surfing with my husband and it was all mellow and perfect out-- the water was green, clear, and cool and it was so, so sunny. He points off in the distance to a pod of 3 dolphins swimming toward us, and so I carefully paddled out to meet them. It was like I just KNEW they weren't going to swim farther away to avoid me, and they didn't. I got out to where they were and they were just swimming right at me. I could hear their blowholes as they were breathing. It was like they were half- breathing, half- sighing, as if there was a bit of effort to their long swim. But they were going quite slow and mellow, just all staying together. I could see their fins and skins a little knicked up, and they were huge-- they must've all been quite old. And they swam RIGHT UNDER ME! I was kind of looking around, like, 'what are they doing under there?' And then I heard their breath again, and they came up right on the other side of me. I was in heaven, just staring after them. I look over to my husband and smiled, and he pointed out again, 'There's more.' And sure enough, 3 more! But these ones seemed like they were trying to avoid me a bit more. They had a different vibe, so funny; just like how different groups of people hang out together. These were kind of the snobs.

Anyone have any experiences like this from where you live?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Dolphins rock!

Nec Aspera Terrent
#3 Old 11-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Veggie Regular

That was a nice little story Especially since the dolphins were in their proper environment and not held captive.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#4 Old 11-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Veggie Regular

Thats an amazing story! I've never seen a dolphin in real life except for on tv. You're so lucky. Any chance you have pictures?
#5 Old 11-09-2008, 04:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I was just thinking that earlier, as I've been wanting a waterproof digital camera for awhile now. If I had one, I could've snapped pictures of them. They were so close! I wouldn't dare try to reach out and touch them, because they have been known to bite on occasion; but I could see their eyes-- definitely looking at me!
#6 Old 11-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Veggie Regular

What a beautiful experience!

Thank you for sharing it with us. I've heard that the sound Dolphins make is attuned to a harmonic that really resonates with us, and feels peaceful. I hope to experience that someday!

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#7 Old 11-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Once I had paddled out to where they were I tried to stay still. I was halfway thinking of going underwater so that I could try and hear them or feel their sonar, but thought that might spook them, too.

I did keep putting my mouth under the water and making funny dolphin-y noises though- ha ha. Such a dork.
#8 Old 11-09-2008, 11:13 PM

Sweet and Awesome Story...Thanx for sharing it.

Peace Love and happiness

Please Recycle/Go Green!!

Jenn
#9 Old 11-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Veggie Regular

That is amazing... thanks for sharing!

I had a similar experience once, when kayaking with a group of friends. There were about 6-7 of us and we were on a 5 hour kayaking expedition. After a couple hours we were feeling tired and hungry... we figured we'd round the corner and park ourselves on a nearby beach.

When we cleared the corner, there was a huge group of Stellar Sealions... (an endangered species!) probably a couple dozen of them. Most of them were sun bathing and just laying on rocks and floating logs. Some of them were barking and splashing and swimming around. Our group "rafted up" (you cluster into a group and hold on to each others paddles, to keep close together)

and we floated there, in silent awe, for what must have been 10 minutes at least... without a word. We just watched and basked in their closeness, wildness, and beauty. We were only a couple meters away -- and I remember thinking that it would only take ONE of them to swim up from underneath us to flip the group! They didn't appear bothered by us at all.

It was an amazing experience that I will always remember very fondly... thanks for your post, it was a nice reminder
#10 Old 11-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow! Thank YOU for sharing your story. Isn't that amazing to get that feeling that you're in THEIR environment and they could just dive in the water and flip you over? I think it's good for people to experience that-- keeps us in our place.

By the way, is that your kitty in your avatar? She looks just like my little one.
#11 Old 11-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Veggie Regular

I've never had a marine mammal moment. I'm jealous.

I just read this earlier today, it was heartwarming:

10 spiritual ways to connect with your pet

http://www.beliefnet.com/Love-Family...-Your-Pet.aspx
#12 Old 11-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Oh, I liked that!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page