this is really screwy - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-12-2003, 03:44 PM
Banned

my env. policy professor brought an article to class a couple weeks ago regarding some proposal about (ha!) 'protecting' endangered species overseas. he doens't have the artivle anymore and i can't find the proposal number or name (anyone have any good resources to find out? please let me know).

anyway..to sum i up - it was proposed that in order to protect these animals, US hunters should be allowed to go overseas to these countries and HUNT the animals and sell the fur, scull, whatever. this profit would then be used for some alleged group protecting that countries animals. RIGHT.

in addition, the US pet industry would be allowed to again, go overseas and capture, breed, and sell these animals in the US. again, with the profit supposedly being used to protect that endangered animal.

for some f'ed up reason, the US fish and wildlife service is supporting this proposal. i really want to find out more about it. i'm sure good old Bushwhack would be more than happy to put his little lame ass name on it. and given his buddies are in the majority, the possibility, unfortunately of this happening, is up there.

how messed up is that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-12-2003, 04:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Yep! You got it. Dumbya can claim success at conducting his assault against the environment under the radar of most Americans. The proposal is to relax gaming laws, previously prohibiting poaching of endangered species. From w's perpetual adolescence stems the brilliant logic of killing a few to save the many. Such as his 'cut down trees to save the environment' failure, or his "No child left behind" Rofl! Dumb**** first class. It's a subterfuge --namely, to cater to(reward/payback) his contributors. One of the best sites for what junior's up to is the NRDC http://www.nrdc.org/default.asp.

Read about it here: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...nimals110.html

Hey, I'm glad you came around to seeing w for what he really is. You supported him in the beginning, I remember. But I knew a Funky who loves animals and the environment as much as you would see it soon.
#3 Old 11-12-2003, 04:56 PM
Veggie Regular

considering the effect hunters have on deer populations it sounds like a good idea to me.
#4 Old 11-12-2003, 05:24 PM

around here. farmers shoot all the coyotes and wolfs and such that come onto there property. and now there are mass deer around becuase there is nothign to eat them. so what ppl want to do now is to kill more deer. ****ing stupid if you ask me.
#5 Old 11-12-2003, 05:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post

Yep! You got it. Dumbya can claim success at conducting his assault against the environment under the radar of most Americans. The proposal is to relax gaming laws, previously prohibiting poaching of endangered species. From w's perpetual adolescence stems the brilliant logic of killing a few to save the many. Such as his 'cut down trees to save the environment' failure, or his "No child left behind" Rofl! Dumb**** first class. It's a subterfuge --namely, to cater to(reward/payback) his contributors. One of the best sites for what junior's up to is the NRDC http://www.nrdc.org/default.asp.

Read about it here: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...nimals110.html

Hey, I'm glad you came around to seeing w for what he really is. You supported him in the beginning, I remember. But I knew a Funky who loves animals and the environment as much as you would see it soon.

eh? i never supported him...unless you count back when i was 15 and knew not of my ways yet

whatchoo talking bout, woman? !

thanks for the link!

i hope this thing gets more press..because i think and hope and pray to whomever that most people would look at it and shake their head. but that is probably too much to ask..

and yeah..i LOVE his 'healthy forest initiative' BS!
#6 Old 11-12-2003, 05:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkified View Post

eh? i never supported him...unless you count back when i was 15 and knew not of my ways yet

whatchoo talking bout, woman? !

!

Heheheh...well I'll be ding donged! Maybe I'm remembering a weak moment. I think it was right after 9-11 when we were all pretty angry. I thought you supported Bush and his wacky invasion of Iraq scheme?? Maybe you were letting off some steam.

haha, which reminds me of my uncle. My dad was at his house right after or on 9-11 as my uncle was watching one of the replays of the planes crashing into the buildings...My dad asked outloud, "Hey, what time is it?" My uncle, staring at the tv: "It's killin' ti-i-ime." Yikes!

(He's a repug -- we forgive him)
#7 Old 11-12-2003, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strix View Post

Heheheh...well I'll be ding donged! Maybe I'm remembering a weak moment. I think it was right after 9-11 when we were all pretty angry. I thought you supported Bush and his wacky invasion of Iraq scheme?? Maybe you were letting off some steam.

haha, which reminds me of my uncle. My dad was at his house right after or on 9-11 as my uncle was watching one of the replays of the planes crashing into the buildings...My dad asked outloud, "Hey, what time is it?" My uncle, staring at the tv: "It's killin' ti-i-ime." Yikes!

(He's a repug -- we forgive him)

ah..ok you're not that crazy

all i'll say is that i'm not a pacifist !
#8 Old 11-13-2003, 01:58 AM
Veggie Regular

It surprises you that Fish and Game want to kill more things????

Fish and Game is run for and by, hunters or people who get paid by the hunter’s fees. What’s surprising is that they were not the ones to propose this.
#9 Old 11-13-2003, 09:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Alpaca Guy View Post

It surprises you that Fish and Game want to kill more things????

Fish and Game is run for and by, hunters or people who get paid by the hunter’s fees. What’s surprising is that they were not the ones to propose this.

to an extent, yes it does. mainly because (i'm almost positive) theya re under the dept of the interior, and usually they are fairly cool about most things. not extremely, but mostly. they aren't necesarily run by the hunters, it's all beauracratic crap. their are smaller local organizations of course run by and the like who call themselves similar names though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page