Dry Skin - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Veggie Regular

Lately, I have been seeing really dry patches around my mouth. I have tried a face scrub, but no matter what I do, the dry spots still show.

Does anybody know how to make the dry spots smooth again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-22-2008, 10:21 PM
DNK
Veggie Regular

Is scrubbing good for dry spots? Have you tried applying a simple moisturizer? My face gets pretty dry during winter, and I found that does the trick for the most part.
#3 Old 09-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah, but it only helps for so long. When I put on make-up, flakes show. I use the scrub to smooth out my skin.
#4 Old 09-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Have you ever tried jojoba oil before? It will definitely help moisturize your skin with a drop or two. You could use it after you put on your regular moisturizer or use this alone. It will help clean and close pores too.
#5 Old 09-23-2008, 08:56 AM
Veggie Regular

avoid makeup for a few days it'll dry you out more, don't scrub it apply moisturizers twice a day and wash the area gently at bedtime and when you get up. applying moisturizer while your skin is still damp makes a big difference. drink enough water and make sure you're getting enough fats in your diet

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#6 Old 09-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Thank you very much!
#7 Old 09-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Beginner

Aloe vera gel is amazing stuff for dry irritated skin! I have eczema and it works a treat for me
#8 Old 09-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Rose-hip oil is really good as it contains the fatty-acids which help your skin retain moisture. It's pretty inexpensive too.

Also, spraying a hydrating mist on your face before you apply moisturiser helps. You can get really cheap ones, like Evian.
#9 Old 09-25-2008, 11:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Scrubbing too much will actually make them worse. Try just using a gentle cleanser and only scrubbing weekly or so.

Also, is directly at the edges of your lips? It might be a yeast infection. And yes, you can get those in your mouth.
#10 Old 09-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora9kry View Post

Scrubbing too much will actually make them worse. Try just using a gentle cleanser and only scrubbing weekly or so.

Also, is directly at the edges of your lips? It might be a yeast infection. And yes, you can get those in your mouth.

i was thinking that too. if it's white and scaly you might want to make a doctor's appointment, they can give you something for it. if it's just dryness it'll clear up.

(if it is a yeast issue cutting back on sugar/carbs may help keep it from recurring)

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page