Vegan wedding rings - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-10-2008, 02:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm looking for vegan wedding rings. I'll be getting married in a few months and the mainstream ring companies put something on them when they polish them and its not vegan. I'm not sure what it is exactly but I was just wondering if theres a vegan/eco friendly company around. I know of green karat but I wanted something a little more traditional looking.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-10-2008, 03:02 PM

I can't speak for the US, but try checking out some manufacturing jewellers that sell direct to the public as well as stores. You'll get the best prices and be able to talk to people who make the rings.
#3 Old 09-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Congrats on your upcoming wedding

I've never heard of this non-vegan polish and a quick google search didn't seem to reveal anything.

My engagement ring was bought from Brilliant Earth, and we are also planning on getting our wedding rings there. We looked into Green Karat, which was cheaper than BE, but I read a lot of bad reviews about their service and the quality of their rings. We've decided to get our wedding rings from BE as well. They have great customer service so I would recommend calling them up and seeing what they have to say about it
#4 Old 09-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Beginner

I was vegan when we bought ours, but I had no idea there were vegan rings. I can't even wear mine at work, so I have a hemp necklace that I wear it on (i work with machines that it can get caught on). But yet, this ring is a part of me and my husband. I support veg*sm, but this is a sign of the rest of my life. I can't give it up.
#5 Old 09-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Veggie Regular

I called Brillant Earth and they said that the rings are all recycled but they'd need to check back with me on the polish that they use. The woman that I talked to said that thinks that they use carnauba wax but she wanted to make sure. She said that if it wasn't for some reason they could try to use something else. I hope that it is all vegan because the rings are beautiful.

KomatsuQueen75, I had no idea until a few years ago that rings could not be vegan or vegetarian for that matter. Its surprising what is used in everything you can think of when there are plenty of alternatives.
#6 Old 09-11-2008, 05:41 AM
Veggie Regular

You might try shopping antique shops and buying pre-owned jewelry (is that what you call it? lol).

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#7 Old 09-11-2008, 05:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I'd look within your two families. Ask around if anyone has an inherited band that they might like to give you. Though the ring itself may have had this polish on it at some point, I don't think there's anything wrong with inherited jewelry. That site that Fyvel put up does have some beautiful pieces though

Congratulations!!!
#8 Old 09-11-2008, 08:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Congrats. I'd be curious to read more about this. I had no idea they'd use animal products for a wedding ring.
#9 Old 06-05-2009, 02:32 AM
Banned

Hi! I'm Andy Moquin, an accomplished businessman and spent 20 years in the jewelry business buying and selling over $20,000,000 in diamonds, engagement rings, wedding rings and custom designed jewelry. I am an accomplished business consultant and is available for advice on topics such as marketing, advertising, merchandising and business turnarounds.
#10 Old 06-05-2009, 02:52 AM
Veggie Regular

I remember seeing something about vegan wedding rings in the back of VegNews recently... in the classifieds section. I wish I could remember what it was called!

I will see if I can find it, and I'll get back to you on that.
#11 Old 06-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Okay, I found it, but I am not sure that it is specifically vegan. www.greenkarat.com
#12 Old 06-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Veggie Regular

I Don't know if this will be helpful. At my job, my old white gold band took a severe beating. I found a tungsten (iron) band that has a nice celtic design for 30.00 usd off of ebay. Tungsten is one of the hardest metals. It's pretty tough to scratch. My band still looks brand new. I'd bet they also make female bands as well. you can google or ebay "tungsten rings/tungsten wedding bands and check them out. they don't have any coating on them that i know of.

The Big Bad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page