Empire Carpet - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 08-05-2008, 02:29 PM

They must be really smoking something good over there. I'm posting this as a 'buyers beware' in case you go to do business with them.

I've got quotes from two other places before they came out with their shop at home service. I saw the ad on TV touting 60% off. What a joke.

So the first warning bell rang when the guy measured the area and came up with 11 yards more than what the other two had measured the area to be. Hmmmm..not too honest but I heard him out.

I said like 3 times I wanted the sale carpet. Finally I see and get the quote. Get this. For 3 rooms at his measurement of 71 yards, installed it comes to over $1600!!! That's with the 60% off. He must have thought I was a dummy. So, I whip out my other two quotes. And I confront him about his measuring abilities. You see, my two other quotes for almost identical carpet was $660 and $760 installed...and that's not on sale either. Oye. I'm trying to put in the cheapest because I'm selling the house. This guy keeps talking about how long it's going to last..yadda yadda. I told him I didn't care because I'm selling..he wasn't listening. Anywho, just beware of their shadiness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-05-2008, 08:22 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't know if they have Empire Carpet in California. I have never heard of them. But it's good information to know. How these people who rip off other people can live with themselves I'll never understand.
#3 Old 08-06-2008, 09:24 AM

Yeah, what makes it worse is that I'm a woman and I've notice that all things house related, either repairs or upgrades, guys really try to take advantage and assume I'm stupid. It irritates and insults me to no end. Most don't know that I do my research before making decisions. I just hate the assumption that because I'm a woman I can't know anything about anything typically guy related, like gutters, plumbing, electrical, yadda yadda. I've been a homeowner for 17 years..believe me I've seen it all and it isn't getting any better.
#4 Old 08-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Veggie Regular

My sister recently used them because her usual contractor couldn't get a delivery in soon enough (the job needed to be done before she had her twins...who came early). The quote was between the other two she had gotten and my brother-in-law probably kept a close eye on the measuring since he used to manage contractors. They did a pretty good job and got it done very quickly, but they would certainly not be my first choice if I had an option.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page