Looking at volunteering. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-27-2008, 06:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Ideally it would be working with animals, but I'd be willing to do others as well. The local Pennysavers haven't helped much, and the local paper hasn't helped at all. Is there a web site which gives a list of local opportunities? Or another way to find out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-27-2008, 06:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Maybe you can think of some national group and then Google that group + the name of your home area, in order to find some local chapter/activity? Then again, I think independent grassroots groups (not part of a large organization) may be better.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#3 Old 07-27-2008, 07:59 AM
Veggie Regular

I've been searching for a non-profit organization to intern at, and these two websites have been very helpful.

http://www.idealist.org/ (I really love this one!)

http://www.volunteermatch.org/
#4 Old 07-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Give us an idea where you live, maybe someone knows about something close to where you live. I know of some opportunities in the south suburbs of Chicago.
#5 Old 07-29-2008, 06:33 AM
Beginner

Catteries and Kennels at vet clinics are often looking for volunteers during the holidays. You could apply there during the holidays and if they like you, they might keep you there outside the holidays, too.

Alternatively, you could volunteer to walk peoples dogs.
#6 Old 07-29-2008, 07:14 AM

hi don't know if you're in the uk - but if you are there are organisations called cvs (councils for voluntary service) that operate all over the country, they advertise volunteering vacancies, provide training for volunteers and match applicants to vacancies.
#7 Old 07-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Veggie Regular

My local humane society is always looking for volunteers. Maybe you can check the ones there?
#8 Old 08-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Beginner

Hi, why don't you look up Alleycat.org, they are always looking for volunteers nationwide to help the stray kittys in the communities and towns, where they live. So many people ignore them, it is wonderful to find people willing to help with feeding and rescues .

Http://www.furryfriendsrescue.bravehost.com/
#9 Old 08-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iria View Post

I've been searching for a non-profit organization to intern at, and these two websites have been very helpful.

http://www.idealist.org/ (I really love this one!)

http://www.volunteermatch.org/

I've been looking at both of them, and the second site helps a lot. It's pretty much what I was looking for. Thank you very much.
#10 Old 08-13-2008, 03:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforests1 View Post

I've been looking at both of them, and the second site helps a lot. It's pretty much what I was looking for. Thank you very much.

Glad I could help!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page