Apollo astronaut claims aliens exist - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I dont know how nobody else has not reported this but an apollo 14 astronaut has come forward and announced that the government knows about the existence of extraterrestrials.

FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.

And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as little people who look strange to us.

He said supposedly real-life ETs were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is not nearly as sophisticated as theirs and had they been hostile, he warned we would be been gone by now.

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that weve been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real, Dr Mitchell said.

Its been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly its leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

Ive been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, its been happening quite a bit. http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...-13762,00.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

He still doesn't beat nappy-lady (http://www.snarkygossip.com/2007/02/...d-with-murder/) for the Astronut's annual "Kookiness in Astronauts" award.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#3 Old 07-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't believe that nonsensical claim of extra-terrestrial beings.
#4 Old 07-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Vegan View Post

I don't believe that nonsensical claim of extra-terrestrial beings.

Nonsensical? Nonsensical is taking the size of the universe into consideration, and then standing firmly in claiming that aliens simply do not exist. Even the claims that they are more advanced than us.
#5 Old 07-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Bof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse27 View Post

Nonsensical? Nonsensical is taking the size of the universe into consideration, and then standing firmly in claiming that aliens simply do not exist.

And it's equally nonsensical to perpetuate, what seems very likely to be a myth, that Lisa Nowak wore nappies whist driving across the US!
#6 Old 07-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Due to the amount of reports from respectable sources such as the one in the OP, I feel there is more reason to believe it rather than dismiss it.
#7 Old 07-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Is that the guy from the NASSO space program?
#8 Old 07-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillibean View Post

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as little people who look strange to us.

He said supposedly real-life ETs were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

No points for originality there.
#9 Old 07-25-2008, 11:52 PM
Beginner

While I won't outright dismiss the idea of aliens (it is a big universe), I don't put much stock in Mitchell's thoughts on the subject. He is a firm believer in lots of topics that fall under the category of pseudo-science such as ESP and remote healing. Although he never had a biopsy, he claims a remote healer cured him of kidney cancer "from a distance." I have trouble believing anything a person says when they make extremely unscientific (and in the cancer case, very dangerous) claims in other areas.
#10 Old 07-26-2008, 09:41 AM
Veggie Regular

I read the title as "Apollo astronaut claims aliens sexist".

"We come in peace. Hey you, longlegs, go fix me a dinner will you?"

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#11 Old 07-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Nonsensical? Nonsensical is taking the size of the universe into consideration, and then standing firmly in claiming that aliens simply do not exist. Even the claims that they are more advanced than us.

Our galaxy alone is 100,000 light years in diameter. Unless aliens can travel faster than the speed of light they would have a hard finding us.
#12 Old 07-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboMonkey View Post

Our galaxy alone is 100,000 light years in diameter. Unless aliens can travel faster than the speed of light they would have a hard finding us.

What if they live close to us?
#13 Old 07-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Quote:

That's my gripe with UFOs. It's not that I don't believe it's possible that life has evolved on other planets. With the number of planets in our universe it would not surprise me at all if life had sprung up someplace or other besides here. Who knows? But to think they look like creepy little version of us and pester yokels by buzzing their houses on fly-bys in their faster-than-light spaceships with the government secretly plotting to cover the whole thing up? That's stretching it a bit. Even our nearest star is light years away - not exactly within range of a easy jaunt for a day out poking fun at the primitives.

#14 Old 07-26-2008, 10:31 AM
Veggie Regular

Anyone who doesn't describe aliens as having tall black hair and fancy military/sea captain suits is full of ****.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#15 Old 07-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Veggie Regular

#16 Old 07-26-2008, 03:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Even with our limited technology we are fairly sure that with some force you can bend the fabric of space and time, wormhole thingy, you know.

"Take a piece of paper, and fold it so that....yadda yadda yadda"
#17 Old 07-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

But to think they look like creepy little version of us and pester yokels by buzzing their houses on fly-bys in their faster-than-light spaceships with the government secretly plotting to cover the whole thing up? That's stretching it a bit.

You can do this with other things as well. For example:

Christianity:

The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and tell him telepathically that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree. That's stretching it a bit.
#18 Old 07-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Maybe Christ was an alien.

#19 Old 07-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

Maybe Christ was an alien.

It's a conspiracy!
#20 Old 07-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Even with our limited technology we are fairly sure that with some force you can bend the fabric of space and time, wormhole thingy, you know.

"Take a piece of paper, and fold it so that....yadda yadda yadda"

The problem with your theory is that if aliens were really that smart they would be going faster than the speed of light away from us.
#21 Old 07-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

The problem with your theory is that if aliens were really that smart they would be going faster than the speed of light away from us.

Heh, you would think so. I know I would.
#22 Old 07-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Advanced technology doesn't necessarily equal common sense. Look at us, the more technology we get, the stupider we get.
#23 Old 07-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillibean View Post

Advanced technology doesn't necessarily equal common sense. Look at us, the more technology we get, the stupider we get.

Very true. We don't need to think when we have machines doing everything for us.
#24 Old 07-27-2008, 12:12 AM

im an australien.
#25 Old 07-27-2008, 11:24 AM

i totally believe in aliens but i have a hard time believing they've come in contact with earth. man that would be crazy
#26 Old 07-27-2008, 11:56 PM
Veggie Regular

no proof, no aliens. I don't care how big the universe is.
#27 Old 07-28-2008, 04:00 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Yes, we humans have such a grasp on reality.

We have 500% more proof to believe it as opposed to otherwise.

The proof lies in the hands of the many, many, MANY pilots and others who would, more than anyone else, experience such a thing, and would never give up in fighting for the sake that they really experienced what they did.

To hell with "PROVE IT 0R 1T DO3SNT 3XIST! LOL!" or "GOOGLE VIDEO OR IT NEVER HAPPENED LOL!".

This mentality needs to be evaluated. Honestly, I think this whole science fiesta that "rational" people would entrust their lives with is a bit ridiculous. Get a clue of the big picture. Evolution would explain only the SLIGHTEST FRAGMENT of our existence.

Science to people is like logic to a 4 year old bully, in that it is the law of the land.

I refuse to surrender to "science". We are still an oblivious, idiotic species. Yet, since this specific "stoop" we still happen to control exists, we go into full out "alpha male" on anyone who questions it.

We need a big-time reality check. It won't be pretty, but without it, we are doomed.
#28 Old 07-28-2008, 04:18 AM
Bof
Banned

I am in no doubt about the existence of aliens as, when I took my kids to the UK a few years back, there were two channels at Heathrow - one for EU passport holders and the other for 'aliens'. My kids were pissed off at having to queue with all the riff raff while I sailed through, waving my EU passport.

(Discovering that my offspring are aliens confirmed my suspicions about their mother!)
#29 Old 07-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

No proof does not mean it doesn't exist. No proof means we haven't proven it at this time. Considering we've barely been to our own moon, it's not exactly shocking that we still don't know about the existence of life on other planets, especially those outside our solar system.
#30 Old 07-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bof View Post

I am in no doubt about the existence of aliens as, when I took my kids to the UK a few years back, there were two channels at Heathrow - one for EU passport holders and the other for 'aliens'. My kids were pissed off at having to queue with all the riff raff while I sailed through, waving my EU passport.

(Discovering that my offspring are aliens confirmed my suspicions about their mother!)

The joys of duel citizenship

m8itcanw8.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page