Where would you move? - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 07-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Veggie Regular

and when(not if) i move to Japan if i don't live in the north i would want to live on the souther islands, Okinawa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 07-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrunner View Post

http://fincabellavista.net/ in Costa Rica's Rain Forest.

And I just sold my house and *I am* moving there, yay!

oh...my....god....can't....breath*gasping sounds*...tree...house

you are the luckiest person on the planet.

i've had a dream of living in a tree house commune since i was like 4!!

i must.. move there.
#33 Old 07-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Veggie Regular

oh and maybe Melbourne, Australia.
#34 Old 07-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Living in a tree equals living with the insects who also live in trees. I'm sure some people wouldn't mind... but I already know I'm not too keen on the ants who inhabit my wood-paneled apartment. Imagine how many more insects a tree-dweller would be living with!

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#35 Old 07-24-2008, 01:39 PM

-Los Angeles, CA. The L.A. scene looks exciting. Plus they have lots of veg*n restaurants, always a plus. No, I haven't been there before, but I'd love to go. It's a good place to get discovered, so I'd probably get myself a couple of gigs at random coffee shops.

-Gold Coast, Queensland. It seems beautiful, and the beaches are so pretty. There would be so many exotic and interesting fish. I haven't gone before, but I've seen photography from there. I think it'd be neat to learn how to surf and get a scuba license.
#36 Old 07-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

I would live right where I am. Well, no, I'd move about 5 blocks away to a nice big house on the cliff. Though where I am is pretty sweet. It's not so much about being "content with what I have" so much as there is a reason I moved here and that was because this, out of all the places I've been, is where I want to live already.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#37 Old 07-24-2008, 02:13 PM
American Made, Rebel Born

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMO17 View Post

and when(not if) i move to Japan if i don't live in the north i would want to live on the souther islands, Okinawa.

one of my best friends was born there(okinawa) and lived there until he was about 10 or 11. he said it was like living in a jungle, it was so hot and sticky and weird bugs and tons of trees.

cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war.
#38 Old 07-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I would like to check out some quiet place in Canada or Nevada, just to get a little more isolated. The benefit with Canada is that it's not the U.S.! lol.
#39 Old 07-25-2008, 08:22 PM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFalafel View Post

I'm currently trying to find suitable short term work in the Middle East or India. Not easy!

If I was retired with a good income I'd buy a little little place in the Orkney Islands, just outside of Stromness. Beautiful place. http://www.orkneyjar.com/portfolio/scenes/st/index.html

My grandfather came for the Orkney Islands. It would run a pretty close 3rd choice for me, right after Tasmania (at 2nd). There's really something about cliffs falling down into heavy seas that does it for me, which is part of why I like where I live right now.

#40 Old 07-25-2008, 09:28 PM

1. Seattle, Washington

2. San Francisco, CA

3. England

4. Melbourne, Australia

I want to go back to HK to work for a year or two but the air quality is simply too bad for me to want to stay there for the long term. It's even worse than LA.
#41 Old 07-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post

Living in a tree equals living with the insects who also live in trees. I'm sure some people wouldn't mind... but I already know I'm not too keen on the ants who inhabit my wood-paneled apartment. Imagine how many more insects a tree-dweller would be living with!

Yeah, and being in Costa Rica, can you IMAGINE the size of the insects you'll run into constantly? Down there in the rainforests, you get bugs the size of your hand. I'd die trying to live amongst that. The cockroaches here in Dallas are already way too much for me. The big *******s.

I'd want to live in Switzerland or in Germany.
#42 Old 07-29-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse27 View Post

Yeah, and being in Costa Rica, can you IMAGINE the size of the insects you'll run into constantly? Down there in the rainforests, you get bugs the size of your hand. I'd die trying to live amongst that. The cockroaches here in Dallas are already way too much for me. The big *******s.

I'd want to live in Switzerland or in Germany.

I've been living in the rain forest for a few days now. Yes, the insects are big, but they have not been in any way a problem. I think with their size comes an increase in their "intelligence" and they seem to know to avoid us humans. They just do their own thing. It is a very comfortable climate and living environment here. We are high in the mountains so it stays cool. I have been outside almost all the time, without any insect repellent, in practically no clothing, and I have not received any bites or annoyances from insects. I lived in Germany and this kicks its butt
#43 Old 07-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Veggie Regular

-jealous-
#44 Old 07-31-2008, 12:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd move back to san diego if I made more money. It's my home. I love it there. Other than that, I mostly would want to live in places where it doesn't snow. Unless I made enough money to go somewhere else all winter.
#45 Old 07-31-2008, 11:29 PM
Beginner

No snow isn't all it's cracked up to be.. I miss it alot, I miss being cold and crunching in the snow to go in and get warm by the fire.. I think that's why I love going to Santa Fe at Christmas...
#46 Old 08-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by schannybaby View Post

No snow isn't all it's cracked up to be.. I miss it alot, I miss being cold and crunching in the snow to go in and get warm by the fire.. I think that's why I love going to Santa Fe at Christmas...

I'm a southern california girl so I've never been used to living in snow.
#47 Old 08-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Germany. of all the countries I have been to germany is my all time fav.
#48 Old 08-04-2008, 11:20 PM
Beginner

Amsterdam! I can't speak the lagnuage(that could pose a problem),but I love the idea of riding my bike everywhere.
#49 Old 08-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrunner View Post

I've been living in the rain forest for a few days now. Yes, the insects are big, but they have not been in any way a problem. I think with their size comes an increase in their "intelligence" and they seem to know to avoid us humans. They just do their own thing. It is a very comfortable climate and living environment here. We are high in the mountains so it stays cool. I have been outside almost all the time, without any insect repellent, in practically no clothing, and I have not received any bites or annoyances from insects. I lived in Germany and this kicks its butt

I believe a lot depends on the insect species and its attraction level to your natural scent. Mosquitoes in Bolivia LOVED me but ignored most of my coworkers. Then, the mosquitoes attacked my boyfriend but not me while we were blueberry picking in Ohio right next to each other.

Bigger insects might be nice because they can't get through such small spaces, so they'd theoretically be easier to keep out of your living space. But, if they're big enough they can make their own holes, that'd not be so good.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#50 Old 08-05-2008, 01:33 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaff View Post

Amsterdam! I can't speak the lagnuage(that could pose a problem),but I love the idea of riding my bike everywhere.

One of their notorious cafes up the road wouldn't go amiss, either.

#51 Old 08-05-2008, 09:56 AM

I want to move to Portland, Oregon SO bad! I never lived there specifically, but I lived on the OR coast for 3 1/2 years and spent a lot of time in Portland.

I'm gonna try to get to Austin, TX next year as an interim move. By the disdain most Texans use when they speak of it ("Moscow on the Colorado"), I think it must be my kind of place.
#52 Old 08-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd probably move to Chicago or New York City. I don't like California, I don't want to contribute to the centralization of radical politics in places like Portland, and I'm pretty afraid I wouldn't want to live anywhere but America.
#53 Old 08-05-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:

I believe a lot depends on the insect species and its attraction level to your natural scent. Mosquitoes in Bolivia LOVED me but ignored most of my coworkers. Then, the mosquitoes attacked my boyfriend but not me while we were blueberry picking in Ohio right next to each other.

I'm no scientist, so I've always had difficulty understanding these things. My mum and DH never wear insect repellent of any kind, and I wear a strong sunscreen that coincidentally incorporates insect repellent - and they never have mosquitoes while I am practically swarmed. And I seem to have a strong reaction to the bites, with big hard welts coming up on my skin.

My mum says her blood is very acidic so she doesn't taste good
#54 Old 08-05-2008, 04:32 PM

In the US - I'd love to move back to Texas (Austin or Dallas) Since I never get to go anywhere outside North America, I know numerous places I'd like to visit, but not sure if they would suit me for residing there.
#55 Old 08-05-2008, 05:22 PM

Quote:

Bigger insects might be nice because they can't get through such small spaces, so they'd theoretically be easier to keep out of your living space. But, if they're big enough they can make their own holes, that'd not be so good.

You're probably right.

If anyone's interested, I've posted some pics from my Costa Rica trip onto my blog i just setup:

http://monocasa.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page