Boulder Chef Training - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-03-2008, 08:33 PM

I'm enrolled in the Natural Chef training program offered by Bauman College. They just opened up a campus in Boulder.

Are there any VegBoarders in Boulder? I'll be moving from Canada so would love to connect with someone prior to the move.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Veggie Regular

You won't have any trouble finding veggie friends in Boulder!!!

When I was down there visiting my cousin, it was veg*n's and dreadlocks everywhere. They have some great veggie restaurants too! (Sunflower's was the first all vegetarian restaurant I ever ate in. I became a vegetarian a month and a half later).

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#3 Old 07-05-2008, 12:48 PM

I'm enrolled in the Fall Natural Chef Training at Boulder also. I live in the East, but I'll be moving there in the beginning of September. I went to Boulder several years ago and it is really veggie friendly. I'm really looking forward to it...
#4 Old 07-05-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Hat View Post

I'm enrolled in the Fall Natural Chef Training at Boulder also. I live in the East, but I'll be moving there in the beginning of September. I went to Boulder several years ago and it is really veggie friendly. I'm really looking forward to it...

wow, cool! Do you have a place down there already?
#5 Old 07-06-2008, 01:31 PM

No, I don't have a place there yet. I was planning on moving there in August so that I could have a little over a month to settle in, maybe find a job. However, I'm going away the last week of August and it would be too complicated and expensive going back and forth. I've been searching on Craigslist for a temporary place to stay when I move there the first week of September, and then I can really hunt for an apartment while being there. It's not ideal, and I'm not thrilled with moving and then starting school immediately, but it seems to be the easiest way. How about you? Do you have a place yet?
#6 Old 07-07-2008, 02:57 PM

I like Boulder. I live in Denver and go up there every few weeks, especially in the summer. It's very easy to see why Colorado is always the most fit state in the nation...so many outdoor activities. I've had friends move here and lose weight without even trying.

Some of the veg-hippy stuff can get fairly pretentious and hypocritical, but it's still better than how alone it feels in other places to be veggie.

You'll love running here. It's beautiful and there is a lot of variety. There are also prairie dogs which are glorious animals worthy of excessive praise. =) The great thing about Denver/Boulder is that if you can't take people anymore you can escape to the mountains on the weekends and hardly see any human animals.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page