what's the funniest thing to happen to you today? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-23-2008, 08:53 AM
Veggie Regular

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=87485

inspired by a thread in the teen forum, i thought it'd be good for all of us non-teens to have a thread to share the funniest stuff that happened in our day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Veggie Regular

So I live in Los Angeles, and liek, OMG! there are earthquakes here! and liek OMG! there was a 4.0 quake this morning...

...and I didn't feel it at all.

Rather funny, wouldn't you say?

*this space not for sale*
#3 Old 06-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Not funny ha ha but funny odd. Was sitting at my desk this morning not doing all that much work, like you do. Heard some people walk in behind me, turned to see who it was and to surprise it was the woman who is currently buying our house. Seems like she works in the same building. Small world.
#4 Old 06-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Veggie Regular

it is officially shadfly season. you have to be from northern ontario to know what i mean but this site gives you an idea http://www.shadfly.com/

so i got a ride into town with my mother in law this morning. but nothing is open that early except coffeeshops. i had an appointment at 11 and got there at 8. so i sat at a coffeeshop with my book. i took a windowseat. the whole front of the shop is windows and they were of course covered in shadflies. the owner (i assume) marches out there with a broom and proceeds to sweep the shads off the windows, one window at a time from top to bottom moving from the left side of the building towards the right. by the time he gets to the bottom of the pane the shads he knocked off the top have relanded. not only that but as proceeds to the next window on the right all the shads he knocks down fly to the left and land on the window he just swept. so he gets to the end and looks back and the windows are covered again. LOL. so what doe she do? goes back to the beginning and starts over, top to bottom, left to right. i sat there for about an hour and a half. and he did this over and over.. for an hour and a half. i couldn't concentrate on my book i was too busy laughing. the best part is some of them would just land on the next nearest surface.. him. so here he is sweeping and sweeping shads off the windows and he's got them all in his hair, all over his clothes, on his neck..

it was priceless.

http://www.shadfly.com/pictures/2001/2001a013.jpg

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page