Earning My Title - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-24-2003, 02:00 PM
Veggie Regular

So the title under my avatar is in-duh-vidual. I earned the name last night. After the business function I attended, a group of us went down into the city to have a few drinks, and a few more, and well...a few more even. Things got a little silly so a friend and I decided to leave. We walked out the door and in the direction of my car, and in the direction of my car, and in the direction of my car....yep I couldn't find my car. So, I walked several blocks, and decided that my car had been stolen. I called the police, the police officer came, put me in the back of the car, drove me around the block, and wouldn't ya know it, there's my car, in front of the bar, right where I left it. Politely he looked at me and said, "I suggest you get a cab home." Which I did as soon as I got out of the back of the police car. (Please no lectures about drinking and driving - I wasn't planning on driving my car in the first place, I will easily surrender the keys). DOH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-24-2003, 02:05 PM
Veggie Regular

haha. well at least he didn't bring you in to sleep it off in a holding cell.

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#3 Old 10-24-2003, 02:06 PM

That is the funniest thing I've heard in a very long time. On second thought, it's a good thing you didn't find your car. A guardian angel was on your shoulder misdirecting you.
#4 Old 10-24-2003, 02:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRuthieB View Post

A guardian angel was on your shoulder misdirecting you.

was it Jack D? or Jim B?
#5 Old 10-24-2003, 02:33 PM
Veggie Regular

this must have happened in DC...
#6 Old 10-24-2003, 02:33 PM

coulda been the Captain. He's eeevvveeerrryyywhere!
#7 Old 10-24-2003, 02:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Nope, right downtown in B'more - Canton to be exact. Fortunately I live in the city too so a cab ride is a piece of cake.

ETA - Red wine on about a tablespoon of hummus and a few chips will get ya every time. Oh, it gets better too. I missed a major company meeting this morning because I had a teensy headache, and I had to concoct some stupid story (a.k.a. LIE) about how my car got stolen, then I found out that a "friend" played a practical joke and moved it. I dug a good hole for myself on this one. You'd think that at 33 I'd know better.
#8 Old 10-24-2003, 02:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Strange things happen in Canton...including dissapearing cars...now I'm a believer too.
#9 Old 10-24-2003, 02:36 PM

Good. I'm glad you made it home safe. So, on with the details. During your adventure, before the point you went looking for your car, did anything else interesting happen? Hmmm? Details girlfriend..we want details.
#10 Old 10-24-2003, 02:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Hrmm, details are little fuzzy MRB. I think the bruise on my back is from a failed dip while dancing. I don't think I offended anyone too badly, except my client who is also a dear friend, whom I've already spoken with this morning, and well, I can't go into the details about well....
#11 Old 10-24-2003, 06:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawngirl View Post

ETA -Oh, it gets better too. I missed a major company meeting this morning because I had a teensy headache, and I had to concoct some stupid story (a.k.a. LIE) about how my car got stolen, then I found out that a "friend" played a practical joke and moved it. I dug a good hole for myself on this one. You'd think that at 33 I'd know better.

Well, at least you're honest.
#12 Old 10-25-2003, 03:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Reminds me of the time I was brought to the police station for underage drinking (I was TANKED.) The cop was driving my back to my dorm and he asked me where I worked and he said "Oh really? My son works there!"

Turns out his son was my boss.

I don't talk to cops anymore.
#13 Old 10-25-2003, 03:22 AM
Administrator

Reminds me of the time a friend and I went to Chicago, we were just out of high school. We were trying to find Water Tower Place (shopping), we found the address and parked. Walked a few blocks and it was an NAACP building. We had the right address but the wrong side of town. So we drove to the other side, found it, and had to park like 10 blocks away. Once we were done there we decided to get lunch at Hard Rock so we walked like 10 blocks to Hard Rock. Came out of Hard Rock and had no idea where our car was. No idea at all. So we got a cab to drive us around looking for it. All those lots look the same! Finally found our car and guess what? It was right across the street from the Hard Rock.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
#14 Old 10-25-2003, 03:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow... you guys are like, my new role models.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page