Buy a car, get a free gun - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Veggie Regular

This is crazy !

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (Reuters) - A Missouri car dealer said on Thursday sales have soared at his auto and truck business since launching a promotion this week that promises buyers a free handgun or a $250 gas card with every purchase.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/0...issouri_gun_dc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Veggie Regular

#3 Old 05-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I hope most people would choose the gas card!!

but they didn't

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#4 Old 05-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chryssiie718 View Post

I hope most people would choose the gas card!!

Unfortunately... you are wrong... Read the entire thing... it says that all but a Canadian and an old guy... got the gun
#5 Old 05-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah I edited after I read the whole thing

"Women & cats will do as they please, & men & dogs should relax & get used to the idea." Robert Heinlein
#6 Old 05-25-2008, 01:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Oh teh noes?
#7 Old 05-25-2008, 01:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Sa- weet! A Kel-Tec .380 wouldn't be my first choice but for $250 it's not bad.

BTW-they are offering $250 in credit at a gun store. So that could include ammo, firing lessons, or range time. Not just a gun.
#8 Old 05-25-2008, 01:38 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Quote:

"We did it because of Barack Obama. He said all those people in the Midwest, you've got to have compassion for them because they're clinging to their guns and their Bibles. I found that quite offensive."

Uh, so you're offended that you are stereotyped as a gun nut, and in order to prove you are not a gun nut, you act like a gun nut? Uh huh...

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#9 Old 05-25-2008, 02:03 AM
Veggie Regular

I heard about that.

Probably a publicity stunt.

I've never understood why they did little cheap giveaways for a CAR purchase!!! When I bought my car, I was thinking "okay...what about THIS car payment? Can I work on this car myself...or is everything hidden and needs a car lift?"

...not "Oh, but if I buy one of THESE cars, I can get a gun/dvd player/gas card/ etc... The cost of those items is peanuts compared to what you're shelling out for the car.

And a CREDIT to a gun store is pretty good, too. You could use that for lots of things...even something like a gun-safety class for an older child you're teaching to shoot.

Many gun stores also sell novelty items, like jackets/books/bumper stickers/calendars/etc... Some carry archery supplies, too...

You can also pick up some nice self-defense supplies at a gun store, like mace/pepper spray/stun gun... ...some rare ones may even host self-defense classes.

I have a sharp over-the-knuckles self defense item I purchased at one...that looks like a harmless kitty-cat keychain. A small child picked it up once and said "Oh, I like your kitty keychain! It's CUTE!!!" Heck, airport security still hasn't figured out what it is.

Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
#10 Old 05-25-2008, 02:11 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiz View Post

Uh, so you're offended that you are stereotyped as a gun nut, and in order to prove you are not a gun nut, you act like a gun nut? Uh huh...

it's a coupon, a credit at a gun store, nothing more. whats so unusual about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbunny View Post

Sa- weet! A Kel-Tec .380 wouldn't be my first choice but for $250 it's not bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kel-Tec_P3AT

http://www.madogre.com/interviews/p3at_review.htm

it's so small and light that even .380 wouldn't be pleasant to shoot or accurate. a Ruger 10/22 would be a better suggestion for a novice (who is the only person thats going to take his suggestion anyway).

then there's the civilian targeted C2 Taser

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...s/4212944.html

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
#11 Old 05-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Veggie Regular

So you buy a vehicle for $8,000 or more, get a little reward back, and sales go up? The reward is so small, that it doesn't make much sense for sales to quadruple.
#12 Old 05-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Veggie Regular

Reminds me a little about a Family Guy episode... Brian the dog goes to buy alcohol when the family relocates to Texas (people are after the baby Stewie because they think he's possessed).. and when he makes the purchase, the guy at the counter give him a gun for free (Texas law according to him ).
#13 Old 05-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Veggie Regular

There's a car dealership that does the same thing in my old hometown. They run an annual "deal" around hunting season in which you can purchase a pickup truck and choose either a rifle or a shotgun for free.

They call the special "Truck Season" (a play on "buck season") and they take out full-page ads with clipart of camoflaged hunters posing beside pickups.

slops, gloops, and gruels.
#14 Old 05-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Veggie Regular

Can you say... sterotypical? Those darn Honkies
#15 Old 05-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Can you say... sterotypical? Those darn Honkies

please, thats not cool when you say honkie, if you hear us honkies calling each other honkies, thats because we're taking the word back but you can't use that word to oppress our people anymore.

peace out, honkie 4ever<-thats a banjo

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
#16 Old 05-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by otomik View Post

please, thats not cool when you say honkie, if you hear us honkies calling each other honkies, thats because we're taking the word back but you can't use that word to oppress our people anymore.

peace out, honkie 4ever<-thats a banjo

The word honkie reminds me of the 70's SNL skit with Chevy Chase and Richard Pryor, ever seen it?
#17 Old 05-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

The word honkie reminds me of the 70's SNL skit with Chevy Chase and Richard Pryor, ever seen it?

actually no, i think of the jeffersons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honky

"honky" is supposed to have the same impact as "******", just nobody took it seriously. I guess most white people don't have a lot of racial anger, just discomfort.

"honky" isn't censored while "******" is

makes you wonder who controls the language, immediately co-opting a threating word like "honky"

#18 Old 05-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Veggie Regular

If you can find the SNL clip, watch it! It's the funniest skit ever. Richard Pryor is on a job interview, given by Chevy Chase, and Chevy tells him they're going to do a word association game. They start off as basic words, but then he starts to use racial slurs (ones for black people) and Richard Pryor starts responding with white slurs. At the end of the interview, Richard is shaking because he's so mad.

And yeah, I get what you're saying... but like with black people, I'm white, so I can use the word.
#19 Old 05-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

And yeah, I get what you're saying... but like with black people, I'm white, so I can use the word.

no way, even if you can't use the race card I can still use the authenticity card, you're a banana oreo eggplant etc. in this case I'd call you a snowcap, white spinkles on the outside, chocolate on the inside.

chevy chase and richard pryor

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...62012728001551

#20 Old 05-26-2008, 11:40 PM
Veggie Regular

'"We all go to church on Sunday and we all carry guns," said Muller. "I've got a gun in my pocket right now. I have a rifle in my truck. We've got to shoot the coyotes out here, they're attacking our cows, our chickens. We're not clinging to nothing. We're just damn glad to live in a free country where you can have a gun if you want. This is the way it ought to be."'

Um if you're a Christian why would you need a gun? Surely the omnipotent protection of Christ is enough? Sounds a bit like ignoring the stuff in the bible about hypocrits to me. "I believe Jesus is God and is everywhere at once and can do anything and will always protect me, but I'm carrying a gun just in case he isn't powerful enough or doesn't get there in time".
#21 Old 05-27-2008, 12:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

That's nice. Maybe a rape fantasy would be great too.

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#22 Old 05-27-2008, 01:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionSpirit View Post

Um if you're a Christian why would you need a gun? Surely the omnipotent protection of Christ is enough? Sounds a bit like ignoring the stuff in the bible about hypocrits to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

#23 Old 05-27-2008, 07:37 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

no way, even if you can't use the race card I can still use the authenticity card, you're a banana oreo eggplant etc. in this case I'd call you a snowcap, white spinkles on the outside, chocolate on the inside.

chevy chase and richard pryor

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...62012728001551

Say what?
#24 Old 05-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm so F'ING PROUD to be a Missourian.

Head, meet desk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page