VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   The Veggie Patch (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/16-veggie-patch/)
-   -   Tattoos and Piercings (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/16-veggie-patch/81613-tattoos-piercings.html)

Jehote 05-13-2008 10:53 AM

Are Tattoos and Piercings big in the Vegan/Vegetarian community? like stretched Lobes and things of that nature?

I rock the tattoos and piercings and just was wondering how you guys do?

J

codemonkey 05-13-2008 10:56 AM

Tattoos are getting so mainstream that I almost feel more rebellious because I don't have one.

My ears are pierced twice and I sport a belly button piercing.

gillibean 05-13-2008 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post

Tattoos are getting so mainstream that I almost feel more rebellious because I don't have one.

My ears are pierced twice and I sport a belly button piercing.

I'd like a tattoo but little ones like I want are so commonplace. I don't have anything except my ears pierced (i'm female btw)

Badger_Lady 05-13-2008 11:01 AM

Single hold in each ear

Belly button

Monroe (left side)

- used to have nose (right side) but it was uncomfortable

- used to have tongue bar but it started affecting the enamel on my teeth

Jehote 05-13-2008 11:02 AM

im a dude btw and i have size 2 gauge lobes.

Pirate Ferret 05-13-2008 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post

hah yeah same. Im the only one out of my friends that doesnt have one, yet im the weird-alternative one - who has wanted a tattoo WAY longer than them, by the way. Thiers are all things picked off the wall, I want something unique and big and expensive, so I'll wait instead of getting something just because and regretting it in 2 years.

and errr 19 piercings (tongue, l nostril, r tragus, both nipples, navel x3, ear lobe x4 each side)

none stretched though, id get too attached to jewellery haha and I like my collection of normal earrings. plus having 5 piercings in each lobe thered not be much room to stretch without losing one or two.

I do love the stone plugs though and get tempted to stretch just for them

*technically* i have 20 piercings. I got one of my earlobe holes repierced last week because the original one got torn about 5 years ago and was really wonky and had started bugging me. the old hole is officially retired though because it was riiighttt on the edge and looked crap!

Jehote 05-13-2008 11:18 AM

wow pirate you got alot of earrings! i forgot, i also have a 4 gauge dermal punch in my left cartilage. i forget i have it.

Scorpius 05-13-2008 11:27 AM

I think my current tally is 9 piercings and 7/8 tattoos.

I'd get more, but the Tattoo and Piercing Fund has miraculously run dry!

There are like a gazillion body mod threads here if you use the handy search feature.

jenna 05-13-2008 11:31 AM

yeah. i have a big tattoo and plan to get more.

lefty2026 05-13-2008 11:32 AM

I love my tattoo, especially because not many people even know I have it. I want one more low on my hip, so it won't show except in a bikini and maybe a "secret" peircing too. I drew the design for the tattoo forever ago, and I still think that it's really pretty and it kinda matches the first one. I used to have my belly button pierced, but it was annoying and my bf didn't like it, so I took it out.

starling 05-13-2008 03:53 PM

I have two tattoos and will be getting more. One is on my leg and one is on my back.

GhostUser 05-13-2008 04:04 PM

I want to get pilot wings one day But currently have none, and used to be against them.. but now I'm like, meh, whateva!

butterflytat20 05-13-2008 04:32 PM

i have a tribal butterfly tattoo on my lower back

jeneticallymodified 05-13-2008 04:35 PM

i always quite fancied having metal stars on my forehead like Vyvyan in The Young Ones. i doubt my mum would approve.

FB305 05-13-2008 05:36 PM

I had an industrial, had to take it off due to job reasons....

nookle 05-13-2008 05:39 PM

I think the 'mainstream tattoo' thing is easily combattable. Just don't get a mainstream tattoo in a mainstream place. So no roses on the hipbone, or butterflies on the collarbone or shoulder.

Teresa 05-13-2008 05:44 PM

You can't tell a vegan by tattoos and piercings. I have just four ear piercings in each ear, all in the lower lobe. Have had them since the early 80's. I considered a tattoo. I'll probably never do one though.

mrosev14 05-13-2008 05:56 PM

I don't think you can tell a veg*n by tattoos or piercings, since I had all of them prior to becoming a veg.

I have two tattoos, a breast cancer ribbon on my back, a treble clef on my hip. A hole in each ear, I have had my belly button pierced and a private piercing.

PepperBoi 05-14-2008 02:36 PM

oh my friend is a vegan (I'm vegetarian) and she has like a nose piercing a lower lip piercing a huge tattoo on her back and one on her foot and one on her arm and like 3 piercings on each ear. i don't have any piercings. or tattoos. I want my lip pierced and ears and i want a tattoo!

cstadt 05-14-2008 02:53 PM

I have a small tattoo on my foot

and 12 piercings, if you count an Industrial as two piercings

I had my tongue pierced once, but it was starting to develop scar tissue

and I figured it really wasn't worth it

my ears also used to be gauged to 00's but since graduation I've taken them out

they're still a little stretched but I wear regular earrings in them now

Next piercing, back of my Neck/Nape-- a surface piercing.

They aren't done in Alabama or so I'm told

so it'll be a while

or I'll make a trip to Georgia

Jehote 05-14-2008 02:58 PM

hey all, i didnt mean if you can tell a vegan by piercings. i was just wondering if alot of the people in the Veg*n community were tattooed and poked.

totally not trying to lump you all together!

J

jenna 05-14-2008 03:02 PM

yeah, the tattoo i have now i got way before i became a veg*n.

but i'm definitely going to be getting more.

Scorpius 05-14-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookle View Post

I think the 'mainstream tattoo' thing is easily combattable. Just don't get a mainstream tattoo in a mainstream place. So no roses on the hipbone, or butterflies on the collarbone or shoulder.

Kenickie 05-14-2008 04:03 PM

i have a new orleans related tattoo on my wrist. i have holes for monroes and lip piercings.

i plan on one day being atleast 75% covered in tattoos.

although, the lobe gauging thing...my boyfriend danzig stretches his ears, and he got them to the point where i can stick 4 fingers (thumb not included) through them, and then one ripped.

sooooo tonight i'm going home and doing some effing field surgery. your ears can only take so much, yo.

Fona 05-14-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodedclawjen View Post

i always quite fancied having metal stars on my forehead like Vyvyan in The Young Ones. i doubt my mum would approve.

*does want* I could see them being a bit of an issue with hair in the wind though.

I've just got ear lobe piercings (one in each ear), my friends are trying to persuage me towards a lip ring and a tat i've wanted for a while now but i'm a big wimp.

xNewNoisex 05-14-2008 07:33 PM

I intend on getting tattoos, one of which is a vegan straight edge tattoo on my calf involving the Earth Crisis logo of two crossed wrenches, as well as an anarchist chest piece with the anarcho-syndicalist star surrounded by images of revolution.

And hopefully, this weekend, I'll be getting my ears pierced so I can start to gauge them.

jeneticallymodified 05-14-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fona View Post

*does want* I could see them being a bit of an issue with hair in the wind though.

I've just got ear lobe piercings (one in each ear), my friends are trying to persuage me towards a lip ring and a tat i've wanted for a while now but i'm a big wimp.

i'd wear a split/faux ring for a good month before you decide on getting a real one. i got a labret peircing in '98 when i was 18, and was all dead set for a ring, but got it peirced with a stud (the peircer i saw doesn't put rings in labrets right away). and when it healed, i tried a ring, and it drove me mental within minutes. you can't shut your gob properly, smoking is just weird- you have to stick your fag above the ring, or in one side or the other like a cowboy poser and close your mouth in a weird way. drinking is a whole new challenge best accomplished with a straw if you don't want twin coke stains down your chin and tshirt, etc. needless to say, i went straight back to the stud.

similarly with the tattoo, be sure and think ahead- would you still be ok with it as an old lady. i got mine in '98 as well, thought it was the coolest thing ever, had wanted it for years just like the labret, and within 3 years really started to hate it.

codemonkey 05-14-2008 08:32 PM

The main reason I've never gotten a tattoo is because I get bored with stuff quickly.

Animosity 05-14-2008 08:43 PM

I have my lobes pierced, I have 5 cartildage piercings, I have my left nostril pierced, I have my right eyebrow pierced, I have an 'industrial', I'm geting my second lobe piercing replaced, It was done a little off. I'm also getting my lip done professionally, I pierced it myself when I was a dumb little 12 year old. I plan on getting a 'tragus' like surface piercing, An 'anti-eyebrow', A rook, An 'orbital', And eventually, When i'm at the size I want, A navel. I'm a bit of a piercing 'addict'.

As for tattoos, I have two ideas that I like, I'm not sure if i'll add to the list eventually or not.

Pirate Ferret 05-14-2008 09:13 PM

[QUOTE=hoodedclawjen]i'd wear a split/faux ring for a good month before you decide on getting a real one. i got a labret peircing in '98 when i was 18, and was all dead set for a ring, but got it peirced with a stud (the peircer i saw doesn't put rings in labrets right away). and when it healed, i tried a ring, and it drove me mental within minutes. you can't shut your gob properly, smoking is just weird- you have to stick your fag above the ring, or in one side or the other like a cowboy poser and close your mouth in a weird way. drinking is a whole new challenge best accomplished with a straw if you don't want twin coke stains down your chin and tshirt, etc. needless to say, i went straight back to the stud.p/QUOTE]

yeah Ive had my labret pierced since November and cant bloody stand a ring.

Ive worn mine twice!

second time was out drinking and it took me ages to get used to that haha. I did manage to pull wearing it but dont remember whehter that was difficult or not hehe.

my Ex wears a ring all the time and you dont really notice it on the other person though. i DID chip my tooth on it though crashing into his face drunk once though! My dentist insists it was my tongue bar but It wasnt =(