Tattoos and Piercings - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 05-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm fairly understated when it comes to piercings -ears and belly only.

Having piercings anywhere else has always seemed too impractical for me to bother with, especially in wet areas. And I don't buy all that stuff about piercings improving your sex life, to me it's just a gimmick to help sell piercings. Some tats look quite nice, but I've never felt the need to get one myself.

m8itcanw8.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 05-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't think I could get holes poked in my naughty bits. Ouchy!
#33 Old 05-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I have 5 tats no piercings tho.
#34 Old 05-14-2008, 10:58 PM

ooooooooo i so want a tatoo and more piercings but being a teen, i can't really do that without being murdered by my parents.

Right now i have 3 lobe piercings in my left ear, 2 in my right, plus a cartilidge in my right, so 6.
#35 Old 05-15-2008, 12:37 AM
Veggie Regular

I have a nose ring and 2 piercings in each ear. I'd like more in my ears, and maybe a belly button piercing. I've considered getting a tattoo but I really don't know what I could get or where. Yesterday I figured that if I really wanted one I'd get it on the back of my neck, so my hair could cover it if I wanted...I really like my back so I don't want anything marring it you know? I suppose I might get one on my foot but I'd have no idea what to get....
#36 Old 05-15-2008, 12:56 AM
Veggie Regular

I've got a cat from a drawing by Aubrey Beardsley. It means a lot to me because I absolutely LOVE Aubrey Beardsley, so it was a lot better than getting something picked from the tattoo place's standard designs. It's 15 years old now though so getting a bit faded and at the moment I can't afford to have it renewed or whatever. I don't know for sure if the next person would do as good a job either.

Keep sort of planning to get a Celtic ankle band but never got round to it.
#37 Old 05-15-2008, 03:02 AM
Veggie Regular

^^ Beardsley's one of my favorite illustrators! Do you have a picture of the tatt or the illustration that inspired it?

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#38 Old 05-15-2008, 06:56 AM
Veggie Regular

It took me a while to find it, but there's a pic of the illustration on here:

http://www.vandaprints.com/image.php...romsearch=true

I just got the cat not the Japanese geisha woman
#39 Old 05-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Veggie Regular

I think that a lot of vegans have tattoos!!!!

I have one on the middle of my chest.

Wanna get other (following one )on my back though. (It will take the whole back)
LL
#40 Old 05-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tablaqueen View Post

It took me a while to find it, but there's a pic of the illustration on here:

http://www.vandaprints.com/image.php...romsearch=true

I just got the cat not the Japanese geisha woman

Wow...that's awesome!!

..no-! I can't get any more ideas!! I'm too poor for more ink, they're so addicting!!

www.animal-adoptions.org

#41 Old 05-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I have one tat on my right hip and I got my nose pierced the Friday before last. I can't wait for my next ink/piercing. It's kinda addictive.

Rebbecca
#42 Old 05-20-2008, 06:19 AM
Beginner

I have some tattoos and can't wait to get my next one. I have a tattoo bracelet on my right arm, roses on my shoulder and on my boobie (I just love opportunities to say "boobie"). My next one will be on my upper arm.
#43 Old 05-20-2008, 06:22 AM
Veggie Regular

I would really like to get a tattoo bracelet too. Just a solid band around my wrist. I might also get one around one of my upper arms. My bf and I are thinking about doing some kind of tattoo wedding band if we get married.

I have decided on my next tattoo; it has a lot of symbolism. It's a secret for now, but I'll be sure to keep you guys posted when I get it!
#44 Old 05-20-2008, 06:27 AM
Beginner

My bracelet is a japanese expression that lots of geeks get (the looks I get from non-geeks are great too) and then I've got cherry blossoms wrapping around the text to complete the bracelet. Definitely my favorite tattoo.

I'd love to see a photo of your bracelet starling!
#45 Old 05-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Veggie Regular

I have a mushroom tattoo, six ear piercings, and one nose piercing. I would like to get another tattoo.
#46 Old 05-20-2008, 07:04 AM
Veggie Regular

https://www.veggieboards.com/gallery/...imageuser=4646

Just that one for now, I'd like to eventually add on to it.

Both ear lobes, and two in the cartilage of the left upper ear.

You can see them here:

https://www.veggieboards.com/gallery/...&searchid=5563

#47 Old 05-20-2008, 07:32 AM
Veggie Regular

I have a breast cancer ribbon on my lower back and I am thinking about expanding the tattoo around it. I am not sure what I want, but I want to incorporate some different elements. I am just unsure of what to do...any ideas?
#48 Old 05-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrosev14 View Post

I have a breast cancer ribbon on my lower back and I am thinking about expanding the tattoo around it. I am not sure what I want, but I want to incorporate some different elements. I am just unsure of what to do...any ideas?

Do you have the ribbon to support a particular survivor in your life? I have a friend that got the pink ribbon tat after her mom passed away and she had it look like it was on a teddy bear that she had had as a child. She had a photo of herself when she was little holding the bear and she said it reminded her of mom. So if it's a tribute to a specific person, maybe add other elements that will serve to honor them. Just a thought.
#49 Old 05-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Veggie Regular

I've lost both of my parents and I have a sparrow on each shoulder in memory of them. I lost my mom to cancer and I was thinking about getting a pink ribbon put in one of the bird's beak and maybe put her birth/death dates on the ribbon.

Anyhoo, to answer the OP, I have 7 tats and just the ears pierced.
#50 Old 05-20-2008, 11:16 AM
Veggie Regular

I had my ears gauged to a 0 and a lip piercing a couple of years ago. I also have 3 piercings on each ear. The holes from my gauges haven't completely gone back to normal and it's been well over a year, oh well. I also have a small gandhi quote tattoo.
#51 Old 05-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoan View Post

I think that a lot of vegans have tattoos!!!!

I have one on the middle of my chest.

Wanna get other (following one )on my back though. (It will take the whole back)

Great colours on that one

m8itcanw8.com
#52 Old 05-20-2008, 07:01 PM

I have my ears pierced (2 on my right ear, 3 on the left) and my nostril pierced.

I'm planning several tattoos, but not just something "pretty" I like. I'd never get a tattoo unless it really meant something to me.
#53 Old 05-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I have one that means nothing - I just wanted it, and one that has meaning. I like them both, for different reasons. Tattoos can definitely hold a lot of meaning - represent something, but I think they are also great as what they are - body art.
#54 Old 05-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Veggie Regular

my first tat was just because i liked it. the rest are going to have meaning to them, probably.
#55 Old 05-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Veggie Regular

i'd like to have the chakra symbols maybe on my forearm but it'd cost a fortune to do it with full detail the way i'd want it.

i think i posted about this one already but for now i really just want a hibiscus flower on my leg. hubby and i were hoping to both get a tattoo in Hawaii after we got married, as a permanent souvenir of the trip and the wedding. we decided against it because we really wanted to be able to go swimming again before the trip was over and if we did it the day we were heading home it'd be a pretty uncomfortable flight lol. it's been over a year and we still haven't gotten them. can't afford it now so it's on the backburner. not sure what he wants but i just want a nice big hibiscus or i might go with a plumeria instead since hibiscus' seem to have become pretty common lately. if we ever have kids i'll get a smaller one representing each and connect them all together with a vine wrapping around my leg.

i dunno if it'll ever happen though it's going to cost a lot and we can't justify blowing money on stuff like that.

my brother just got his first tattoo a couple weeks ago. it's a stylized maple leaf and the coloured part is made to look like flames, it's pretty neat. it cost a bundle

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#56 Old 05-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChris View Post

My bracelet is a japanese expression that lots of geeks get (the looks I get from non-geeks are great too) and then I've got cherry blossoms wrapping around the text to complete the bracelet. Definitely my favorite tattoo.

I'd love to see a photo of your bracelet starling!

what's the expression?

also regarding breast cancer survivor tattoos, i saw this show once, i forget what it was, where they were interviewing women who'd had cancer and had breasts removed and had tattoos done on the area. it was very moving. the idea was that after losing a breast a woman can feel very unattractive and not as feminine so they had these very feminine very beautiful tattoos done where the breast was. it was a way of celebrating their recovery and helping them feel strong and attractive again. it was awesome

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#57 Old 05-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Veggie Regular

yeah, i've seen a lot of neat cancer tattoos on flickr.
#58 Old 05-21-2008, 03:09 AM
Veggie Regular

^^

So, the ink was done on 'artificial' skin...or was it just scar tissue skin...or what?? I would imagine a conventional tat wouldn't take well to anything but real skin...but that just shows you how little I know...

Either way, its interesting, it not, mad ballsey.

www.animal-adoptions.org

#59 Old 05-21-2008, 03:17 AM
Veggie Regular

scar tissue, i guess, from some of the ones i've seen. it's all real skin from the mastectomy.

i already have my next tattoo figured out. and just about have the one after that figured out.
#60 Old 05-21-2008, 04:52 AM
Veggie Regular

These look pretty novel but I wouldn't get one.

[attachment=6909:back piercing.jpg]
LL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page