How do you want to be buried? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Veggie Regular

What do you want to happen to your remains after you die? What influences your decision?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Veggie Regular

I want to be cremated, mostly because I don't want to be eaten by worms.
#3 Old 04-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd prefer not to be buried, but I really don't care. I won't be around to feel any certain way about what happens.
#4 Old 04-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Veggie Regular

Robomonkey, What will happen to your ashes?
#5 Old 04-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Veggie Regular

#6 Old 04-29-2008, 06:26 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post

something like this: http://www.glendalenaturepreserve.org/

I'll go for that!
#7 Old 04-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Veggie Regular

I want my remains donated to science. I don't like the idea of being put in a coffin or being cremated. Maybe they can do some omni vs. vegetarian research with my body.
#8 Old 04-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd just like to be cremated and scattered somewhere in nature. I won't need my body anymore.

ETA: Somehow I feel like it would release my spirit this way. It's kind of morbid though...I wonder if there's some other way.
#9 Old 04-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Banned

I have tried the donate to med/school so that the trainee Dr's can practice on me , but we have only one Med school down under and its at the other end of the country ....so they turned me down .

Next cheapest is cremation .
#10 Old 04-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Veggie Regular

I really want a green burial (no coffin), but if that's not going to be possible than I'd like to be cremated and have my ashes spread somewhere natural and peaceful.
#11 Old 04-29-2008, 06:44 PM
Veggie Regular

I really don't care, although I really think the idea behind this is cool, I could see myself doing it if say my son passed away or something....although it's uber pricey!!!

http://www.lifegem.com/
#12 Old 04-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillibean View Post

Robomonkey, What will happen to your ashes?

They will be thrown into the ocean and be eaten by some weird fishes.
#13 Old 04-29-2008, 06:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMeatMary View Post

I want my remains donated to science. I don't like the idea of being put in a coffin or being cremated. Maybe they can do some omni vs. vegetarian research with my body.

I used to toy with the idea of doing that, and then I read this book now I'm not so sure.

I do know I do NOT want to be embalmed, etc. Throw me in a cardboard box and leave me to rot for all I care. Just don't embalm me. Yuck. I know, I'm weird
#14 Old 04-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I definitely don't want to be donated to science. Robomonkey's idea of being cremated and tossed into the ocean is the best idea i've heard. I also like the idea of being part of a coral reef but its pretty expensive. http://www.eternalreefs.com/index.html
#15 Old 04-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Veggie Regular

I've always kind of figured I'd be at ground-zero of an asteroid striking the earth.... either that of I'd be vaporized by it.... so I'd end up "cremated" and "scattered".

According to a few funeral places around.... it's possible that soon people won't have a choice - apparently cremation is going to become all-but mandatory.
#16 Old 04-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't care, but I DON'T want my family spending a fortune for it. Before my Grandma died, she insisted on being buried in a white casket. Of course, instead of leaving money for it, she left some debts for my parents to pay off and the cost of a $8,000 funeral.

I've always told my family: "Put me in a U-Haul box and bury me in the backyard." Or, in the front yard in my pet cemetery
#17 Old 04-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iria View Post

I really want a green burial (no coffin), but if that's not going to be possible than I'd like to be cremated and have my ashes spread somewhere natural and peaceful.

same. the place i linked does green burials in its nature preserve. no embalming, no toxic chemicals, only biodegradable coffins, etc.

i figure wrapping me up in a shroud or something will be good. planting a tree on top. it's also not as harmful as cremation, either, though i haven't read up on that much.
#18 Old 04-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't want to be buried..

Quote:
He's in the spotlight of a broken sun

He dropped his body like an anchor

Like a lump of sugar

And he dissolved

On the anniversary of his death

She drew a beautiful picture of a whale

She drew a picture of a whale

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#19 Old 04-29-2008, 09:18 PM

Hopefully I'll be around nature when I'm about to die, and I feel it coming on, so I hike down to a hidden river in the middle of the rain forest that no one knows about. It would be great if it had been my favorite hiding spot for awhile. Then I'll just sit there and go undiscovered for decades. Chances are good the world will blow itself up before I'm found, thus saving money on cremation.
#20 Old 04-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Veggie Regular

That is positively brilliant. Thats exactly what Im gonna do. Never even thought of that before.
#21 Old 04-29-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washoe View Post

That is positively brilliant. Thats exactly what Im gonna do. Never even thought of that before.

fo sho. If I could die like every other animal, and just decompose in the sun with vultures and all of nature doing with me what it pleases, I would feel so very fortunate. Such a natural death seems a fitting end to a life filled with virtual everything and artificial everything else.
#22 Old 04-29-2008, 09:50 PM
Bof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesand View Post

I have tried the donate to med/school so that the trainee Dr's can practice on me , but we have only one Med school down under and its at the other end of the country ....so they turned me down .

Next cheapest is cremation .

Rejected by a medical school! Poor Bluesand
#23 Old 04-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Cremated and just scattered someplace on land. I have my cats ashes and will have any pets that die cremated also so I want my ashes mixed with theirs. To me it's the simplest and cleanest way to go. No use using up good land. I can't stand the sight of cemeteries anyway.

I'd never donate my body to science.
#24 Old 04-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Veggie Regular

I want to be cremated. I'm not sure where I would like my ashes spread though.
#25 Old 04-30-2008, 09:17 AM
Beginner

I want to be cremated. I believe being buried in a cemetary is a waste of space...
#26 Old 04-30-2008, 09:19 AM
Veggie Regular

I want my remains to be barbecued and eaten by my family and friends, so a piece of me can be with them forever.
#27 Old 04-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

As long as I'm dead at the time I'm really not that fussed.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#28 Old 04-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Veggie Regular

I really don't care...it's just a body dude. I want my friends and family to do whatever is easiest for them!! If they wanted me to choose prior to my death I would either want to be creamated and scattered at sunset in the ocean or any other body of water or they could just donate my body to science too. Whatevz!!
#29 Old 04-30-2008, 09:26 AM

Firstly il give my organs away. after that im not fussed. But who knows, the world might end tomorrow!
#30 Old 04-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Veggie Regular

I love the idea of becoming fertiliser, so I continue as a part of the lifecycle...

However, in a very spiritual sense, I wouldn't want to feel stuck in some stuffy old graveyard... there's a river and a bridge near my old hometown which has always struck me as very peaceful, and I imagine being scattered there just so I could feel "home".

Maybe there's a halfway house - turn my body into fertiliser, but spread some rose petals over the river to represent my soul :grin:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page