Another reason to hate Petsmart - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Veggie Regular

I volunteer at an "adoption center" at a local Petsmart, and as I was taking an eager dog out for a walk I tripped over this stupid, non secured mat they've got in the doorway and crashed hard to the ground. I got a bloody, bruised elbow area and also came down really hard on my hip. I slammed my knees as well. When other volunteers noticed the injury to my elbow and I told them what happened, at least one said she had also tripped over the mat before. I'm seriously wondering if I should sue them. And I know it was caught on camera cus there's a video camera directly filming the store entrance (and a room where somebody presumably is supposed to be watching). Oh yeah, and nobody came to my aid from the store while I was on the ground groaning. Well, if I have any real damage to my back, hip or neck we're gonna have problems. And yes I know I should have said something at the store, I wanted to but didn't see anyone but cashiers and then just decided to send an e-mail.

Another reason Petsmart sucks: They've got heaps of ticks all around their stupid property. I found at least 3 on my scalp tonight. They also get on the dogs who go out for walks. At least I can wear insect repellent, what about the dogs? I even found a tick on one of my foster kittens that could only have come from the Petsmart location. Ok, maybe it's not their fault they have ticks everywhere where we have to walk the dogs, but they still suck.

So in short, don't shop at Petsmart. They have a door mat that will kill you and ticks everywhere outside that will suck your blood and the blood of your kittens. Oh yeah, they breed and mistreat innocent animals too. I hate Petsmart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-26-2008, 06:23 AM
Banned

i don't know about suing them, but i think at least you should find out who their health and safety officer is, and report the mat as being a hazard. i don't know how many other people are gonna do faceplants on it, but i can't imagine they'd find it any more fun than you did. you should get the incident and your injuries written up in the accident book too.
#3 Old 04-26-2008, 06:29 AM
Veggie Regular

I don't know about the mat thing. It is a bit of a stress, I would just tell them that you tripped and ask them to secure it better; however, the tick thing is disgusting. That is a health hazard to you and all the critters that are being brought in there. I would tell the manager to get something done about that, and if they didn't, I would sit outside with flyers warning their customers as they walk in about the dangers of ticks.

I personally would be really upset if I brought my dogs into PetSmart, which I frequently do and they came home with a tick. Or, how about a new family adopting a friend from PetSmart and bringing not only the new dog or cat home, but a tick infestation as well.

Good luck getting that fixed.
#4 Old 04-26-2008, 06:58 AM

#5 Old 04-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Veggie Regular

I sent them an e-mail but I should probably do something more as well. I do think that stupid mat is a hazard. It got bunched up and I tripped over it immediately when I was exiting the store. At least one other person has tripped over it too. I still think they deserve a lawsuit slapped on them.

The tick thing is disgusting, but I'm not really sure if they can fix it... technically I don't even think it's their property. It is a shame for the dogs and the volunteers who walk around outside the store, because that's the only place you can take the animals for walks. Maybe the dogs could start getting sprayed with something before going out. I'm not even sure if I want to walk anymore dogs out there, even with bug repellent on it seems like the ticks still want a piece of me. That and dogs yanking me around is getting to me. Maybe it's safer with the cats...
#6 Old 04-27-2008, 08:24 AM
Veggie Regular

Advantix repels ticks (and fleas and mosquitos). You could suggest that for their flea/tick control.

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#7 Old 04-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Veggie Regular

This is like saying all vegetarian restaurants are bad and evil because you slipped on the wet floor of one.
#8 Old 04-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Whatever you say. They blow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page