Would you rather be able to fly or be invisible. - VeggieBoards
View Poll Results: Would you rather have the ability to fly, or to be invisible?
I'd rather be able to fly, and I'm male. 0 0%
I'd rather be able to fly, and I'm female. 0 0%
I'd choose to be invisible, and I'm male. 0 0%
I'd choose to be invisible, and I'm female. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 03-15-2008, 05:20 PM

The "silly desires" thread made me think of this old radio program that IS and I heard about man who traveled around the States, talking to people about which of these super-abilities they would prefer to possess. He was looking for patterns based on age, gender, race, etc. I'll take a look to see if I can find a link to the article.

One of the things he noticed was that people often had some provisos....

Can I carry someone when I fly? Would any clothes I wear also be invisible? etc.

So, note your choice above, and may the best ability win.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Veggie Regular

Fly, definitely.
#3 Old 03-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Invisible, that way i could ride on the backs of those who could fly without them knowing. The best of both worlds. Though not too sure if being invisible would be all that great, i think you'd find out a lot of things about yourself you'd rather not know.
#4 Old 03-15-2008, 05:37 PM

I'd rather be invisible. Seeing as I like being alone a lot of the time and I could spy on people.
#5 Old 03-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Veggie Regular

I would want to fly.
#6 Old 03-15-2008, 05:53 PM

Fly!

I swear I was a bird in a past life.... About 90% of my dreams involve flying...

Just a quick question: If we chose to fly, do we get to have wings?
#7 Old 03-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Veggie Regular

invisible. preferably through use of an invisibility cloak.
#8 Old 03-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Fly. Being invisible could be fun, but I think flying has its merits.

#9 Old 03-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vheogl View Post

Invisible, that way i could ride on the backs of those who could fly without them knowing. The best of both worlds. Though not too sure if being invisible would be all that great, i think you'd find out a lot of things about yourself you'd rather not know.

Even if they couldn't see you, they would still notice you climbing on to their back

Anyway... I would fly, definitly!!!

I have tons of flying dreams, and I astral travel sometimes when I sleep, and it just feels so good!

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#10 Old 03-15-2008, 07:12 PM

I would think they would notice a 100+ pound invisible "thing" on their back
#11 Old 03-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Veggie Regular

That was a hard one, I'm incredibly nosey and I'd love to be able to up it a level with invisability But since that's kinda creepy and I imagine it'd be a bit dull after a while, whereas flying - I'd get to college in 15 minutes instead of two hours, wayhey!
#12 Old 03-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Veggie Regular

fly!

my magic predicting brain says invisibilty will be unpopular with men
#13 Old 03-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Flying, surely. It's eco-friendly!
#14 Old 03-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Veggie Regular

I've always wanted to fly! Especially if I get wings.
#15 Old 03-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Veggie Regular

Invisibility would benefit me much more than flying as a reporter. I'd find out all the dirty secrets and then just have to figure out a way to not reveal how I found them out.

However, for what I'm doing right now, which involves world traveling, flying under my own power would be awesome. A lot cheaper than commercial airplanes, and I wouldn't ever have to change planes in Dallas.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#16 Old 03-16-2008, 12:29 AM
Beginner

Fly, definitely. I LOVE planes (I international travel quite a bit) and whenever my friends have 'ideal career' discussions I always mention being a pilot.

However, I could definitely see invisible benefits...like spying, for example...
#17 Old 03-16-2008, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark View Post

Invisibility would benefit me much more than flying as a reporter. I'd find out all the dirty secrets and then just have to figure out a way to not reveal how I found them out.

However, for what I'm doing right now, which involves world traveling, flying under my own power would be awesome. A lot cheaper than commercial airplanes, and I wouldn't ever have to change planes in Dallas.

WOW is it really only 89 days till June 13th...thats my b-day seems like it was just Christmas..Easter is right around the corner...Time is Flying...Speaking of Flying that would be fun but I would rather be invisible so many things could be done if I was invisible...hehe
#18 Old 03-16-2008, 01:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy View Post

I have tons of flying dreams, and I astral travel sometimes when I sleep, and it just feels so good!

I do as well! I love to dream about flying... but most of the time it is flying and bouncing, in that I can touch down on the ground and just 'bounce' back into the air again.

I picked, flying, because well, that would be awesome. And I hate rush hour traffic. Invisibility would get old, I'd think. And you'd have people annoying you with all of those "Where did you go? I can't see you!" jokes even when you weren't using your invisible powers.
#19 Old 03-16-2008, 02:12 AM
Veggie Regular

I picked invisibility but I think I've changed my mind already
#20 Old 03-16-2008, 03:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Flying would be okay...but I don't really like being the center of attention, and it would be hard to fly to work without people taking your picture. Plus, with my luck, I'll probably get sucked into a jet engine...

Invisibility would be awesome!!!

I'd TOTALLY go home with every one of my friends, family, co-workers, celebrities, politicians, etc... I want to see everything people do when they think no one's looking!!!!!!!! Oh, my... ...I would probably just sit and live at a San Fransisco sex club!!!!

I'd totally quit my job, too. Why work when I could live anywhere I wanted free of charge, and when I did need money I could just walk up and take it.

Here's a thought, though... If I can't wear clothes because I'm invisible...would I still be able to get a sun burn?

Give thanks to Mother Earth for Her greatest gift...

...gravity.

For without it, we would be lost.
#21 Old 03-16-2008, 04:53 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

An invisible fly.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#22 Old 03-17-2008, 05:58 AM
Veggie Regular

Flying I would save gas and time. it also would also fun.

Being invisible is useless, at least you think in violating the law, as you would be able to steal several money from everywhere.... but being legal... useless.
#23 Old 03-17-2008, 06:51 AM
Veggie Regular

I picked invisibility but now I'm thinking about Sue Storm in Fantastic4 and I don't want to have to be naked just incase I revisible myself. I'm too scared of heights to fly though but the travelling would be good.
#24 Old 03-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoan View Post

Being invisible is useless, at least you think in violating the law, as you would be able to steal several money from everywhere.... but being legal... useless.

I don't think it would be absolutely useless. I can think of lots of legal, or mostly legal ways to have fun being invisible.

Think of the books you could write!!!

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#25 Old 03-17-2008, 10:25 AM

Fly, for sure!
#26 Old 03-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I don't think it would be absolutely useless. I can think of lots of legal, or mostly legal ways to have fun being invisible.

I love the phrase 'mostly legal'!
#27 Old 03-17-2008, 10:40 AM

flying would be cool to experience but invisibility would be more my style. i could run amok and create all kinds of trouble. itd be sooo much fun.
#28 Old 03-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

I've only flown once, when I went to Europe back in 2000. I thought I'd be screaming all the way from JFK to Heathrow... but 20 seconds after the plane left the ground, I was grinning ear-to-ear. I even slept on the plane (Thank you for the side-headrests on the seats, British Airways!!!)

And like Synergy and Hang~Ten~Honey, I've had lots of pleasant flying dreams- usually unassisted, like Superman. The wierd thing?.... I had one of those dreams shortly before my trip, only I was in a helicopter... and the sensation I felt in my dream was exactly how it felt when the plane took off.

Prescience... I have it.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#29 Old 03-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Think of the books you could write!!!

Yeah, you could pee in public, and no one would know who to blame. Wait, is the pee invisible as it is leaving your body? I'm not sure how the rules to invisibility work.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#30 Old 03-17-2008, 03:44 PM

Invisibility useless...pah. You could sneak into governmental meetings, or spy and see who's stealing your newspaper or...lots of things.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page