I'm so nervous... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-13-2003, 02:54 PM
Veggie Regular

We have a demonstration here tommorow againts the monkey farm that sells them to labratories. I'm gonna dress like a monkey and while someone will makeup me to it, the local news want to interview mw about the subject.

I've never done anything like this, and don't really like the idea of being on tv, even if it's just local.

I'm so nervous and afraid to ruin something

wanna try to encourage me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-13-2003, 03:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neta558 View Post

We have a demonstration here tommorow againts the monkey farm that sells them to labratories. I'm gonna dress like a monkey and while someone will makeup me to it, the local news want to interview mw about the subject.

I've never done anything like this, and don't really like the idea of being on tv, even if it's just local.

I'm so nervous and afraid to ruin something

wanna try to encourage me?

Just remember that it is for a good cause, and have fun.
#3 Old 10-13-2003, 03:38 PM
Veggie Regular

You will do awesome.. no need to worry!

great idea..

we will likely protest the circus here in Nov. Someone will likely be wearing an elephant costume with a chain around their ankle.
#4 Old 10-14-2003, 03:46 AM
Veggie Regular

thank you, I hope it'll be ok...

I'll show you the photos later, it's probably be fun to see after the pressure is gone

we had a lot of circus demos too lately, the Europe circus is here for a long tour, and I hate this evil circus!

However, they couldn't bring any wild-animals, jusr domastic animals, this it due to a new law we had after the Mederano circus was here a few years ago. I hope the new demos will help make a new law againts animal-circus at all.

What circus your protest is about?
#5 Old 10-14-2003, 09:33 AM
Veggie Regular

That's so cool that you're doing that. I hope all goes well.
#6 Old 10-14-2003, 12:19 PM
Veggie Regular

good luck!

if you feel subconscious just remember that it's not about you, it's about helping those poor animals, and if putting yourself in the spotlight for a minute will help so be it

it's all worthwhile if it makes a difference

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#7 Old 10-14-2003, 12:34 PM
Veggie Regular

Don't forget to bring bananas for a snack!
#8 Old 10-14-2003, 05:41 PM
Veggie Regular

I didn't feel good about the interview, but people who saw it told me I did fine.

The make-up took a lot of time, but it was so great!

Being a monkey is so fun!
LL
LL
LL
#9 Old 10-14-2003, 06:11 PM

Hey, good stuff.

The pictures are really cool. I'm glad to see that you got more people out for your circus protest.

About 7 years ago I was walking along with my sister and we ran into a guy named Daniel. He said he and his sister were protesting the circus. So we decided to join in and there were the four of us. We got really good press coverage though so it went well. But I'll tell you what really pisses me off.

Daniel went to the City council and gave them all the facts about circuses and the harm to animals and all the alternatives and stuff. But Daniel wasn't such a great speaker. So they didn't listen to him. I guess facts don't mean anything. Then 3 years later some Vet Dr. guy says the exact same thing to council and the ciruses were banned. Now that's a good thing but the fact is the 'powers that be' only listen to doctors and other distinguished members of society.

So if you have all the facts on your side you still need a "doctor" or you're screwed. And if there happens to be an idiot doctor opposed to you, you're really screwed.

Hope your protest has the desired results.
#10 Old 10-14-2003, 06:13 PM

Wow, Neta, you looked great! It was a wonderful thing you did.
#11 Old 10-15-2003, 07:20 AM
Veggie Regular

Agreed. You look fantastic, and congratulations for the protest. I'm sure I would be way too cowardly to try anything like that, as much as I would love to..
#12 Old 10-15-2003, 08:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Cool! There were lots of people supporting you so I assume you must of stopped a bunch of people going in.
#13 Old 10-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Veggie Regular

The pictures looked awesome! Glad to see that there are active pro-animal forces at work in Israel, too.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#14 Old 10-16-2003, 06:26 AM
Veggie Regular

It wasn't a demonstration in front of a circus, it's forbidden to bring wild animals to circuses in Israel.

This demo was about Mazo-farm. It's a place in which monkeys are raised to be sold to labratories around the world.

And we have a lot od ar action here lately, it's hard to tell if it's good or bad. It's nice to see a lot of people puting time to it, but thinking about all the issues there are..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page