Bird-flipping-McTrash avatars - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-07-2003, 03:04 PM
Veggie Regular

I was just wondering who's idea this was? I love it. I may have to copy you guys. ; )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-07-2003, 03:06 PM
Veggie Regular

I think i'll do one for Walmart. I hate that place.
#3 Old 10-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I think I'd be embarrassed to flip the bird in public. Not that I ever flip it in private..
#4 Old 10-07-2003, 03:23 PM
Banned

i have a photo of a porto potty toilet in the hoover dam area..it say's '**** hoover dam.' i wonder if that wouldnt go over so well though here. i also have one of me hanging over the damn with the sign as well.
#5 Old 10-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Actually Kurm and i have discussed doing all the places we hate! I suggested walmart and was shocked to learn there are no walmarts in Australia.. The city i live in has 3 different ones all of which are about a 30 min drive through town. To live on an entire continent without walmarts would be an amazing life.. *sighs*

Btw, it was my idea..

Kurm

In all seriousness we had so much fun going and taking our pics and then spending hours editing them for the indiviual pics. Kurm made the Mcbird one and i made the Vegan worldwide one (only censored on VB, but is not in the link). I was not sure if i would be uncomfortable going to a public place to flip off the Mcdeath sign, but once there i was not uncomfortable. While i was doing mine there were employees hanging out near the sign. I hollered over if they did not want to be in the Pic they should probably move. So we take my pics and i noticed they flipped us at off at the same time, but can not be seen in the pic.. As we were leaving the guy hollers over to ask about flipping off the American flag and i responsed with that was just an added bonus.
#6 Old 10-07-2003, 03:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeah I am all for the flipping off of Walmart...
#7 Old 10-07-2003, 04:00 PM
Veggie Regular

Heck, what can they say? After all, it's just a finger. It certainly pales in comparision to the damage McGreed has caused.. I'm going to do it. I hope you don't me copying you. ; ) The photo I'm going to post for the contest involves McRotten as well.

P.S. Our Wal-Mart has a McGarbage right inside the building.
#8 Old 10-07-2003, 04:18 PM
Veggie Regular

here is a quick Walmart one... *L*
LL
#9 Old 10-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Hillarious!!!!!

I agree, it's only a finger. A very useful one at that, especially in this context.
#10 Old 10-07-2003, 04:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Walmart whip!

Muahuahuahahahahuhuhu
#11 Old 10-07-2003, 05:10 PM
Banned

Yeah, it was oneness' idea.

She'd done her pic before I'd done mine, and I kept thinking "can I actually do this?".

So I discussed with my brother the ideal McD's store (loads to choose from!) and on the way to his place scoped it out, and chose where I would stand (kind of out of the way so as to not be noticeable).

I picked my brother up and went to the McD's location, where he purchased a drink while I thought more about a location..... and at that point I was all hyped up and didn't care who observed me.

I only had 4 shots left in that camera and I REALLY wished I'd have had more because it was so much fun; choosing different locations and angles. There was a tour bus parked in the way and we had to work around that, especially to get the Aussie flag in one shot.

One guy walking by thought I was pointing at something and couldn't figure out what, and when a Police car drove by they either didn't notice or didn't care (Cops get half price at McD's when in uniform).

Oh, and then the editing of them...... yeah, that took hours, and to be honest oneness did a lot more work in that department than I did.

I am so busting to do other joints; I have found one location where I could possibly get McD's, KFC, Taco Bell, Krispy Kreme, and Lonestar Steakhouse and Saloon all in one shot.
#12 Old 10-07-2003, 06:19 PM
Veggie Regular

I'd personally do one of me flipping the bird to KFC. i know it's cliché with PETA having an anti-KFC campaign and everything, but I hate the smell of KFC a lot, and also, they don't have anything for veggies, whilst McD's and BK do.
#13 Old 10-07-2003, 07:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post

I'd personally do one of me flipping the bird to KFC. i know it's cliché with PETA having an anti-KFC campaign and everything, but I hate the smell of KFC a lot, and also, they don't have anything for veggies, whilst McD's and BK do.

There now follows a sort of HIAKU masterpiece !!

And I rather desperately NEED me a KUNG FU SMILEY!!!!! ....

Well then KFC is a stinking whore which I hate all the more!..... and to flip

the birdy at them all in one melting pot of flagrant flipping would be a grand

feat to top them all and down they will fall !!! Muhahahhahahhah

(I wud never devaluate my food source standards, even to consider eating their veggie offerings btw)...

but I need not explain that suffice to say!.... STORMS OFF VIGALANTE STYLE TO FIND KICK ASS KUNG FU SMILEY....
#14 Old 10-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not sure I'd go for some kentucky fried tofu either. They did have a bash at doing somehting veggie a while back. They f**ked up, and it wasn't actually vegetarian. They quietly put the product in the trash can. I wouldn't mind them having another bash though, because my family visits KFC a lot, and I don't get to join in on the meal. oh well, never mind.
#15 Old 10-07-2003, 10:02 PM
Veggie Regular

I just think it's scary that KFC even has stores in other countries! KFC is bad. Very, very bad. Almost as bad as McDonalds and Walmart, the 2 most evil companies on the face of the earth.
#16 Old 10-07-2003, 11:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

I detest KFC more than McDonalds as well. It's very un-veg friendly, and they probably cause much more suffering than does McDonalds (number of chickens killed is much higher than number of cows killed for burgers, I would assume.)
#17 Old 10-08-2003, 07:55 AM
Veggie Regular

This is a great Idea! I love it!
#18 Old 10-08-2003, 09:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Now, who can I get to take a photo of me flipping the bird at a KFC.....?
#19 Old 10-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Veggie Regular

my boyfriend and I are going to Walmart to take a bird flipping picture on Sunday
#20 Old 10-08-2003, 02:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Flipping off the American flag is not as funny to me as flipping off the McD's sign. I think it's because they stand for two very different things. Sure America is off-course, particularly due to current leadership, but realize that it is incredibly split right now. Look at how tight the presidential election was. Look at the California election (Schwarzenegger couldn't get over 50% of the vote, even though he won). There is a progressive movement in this country.

The United States is a lot more complex than the president currently in office. If anything, flip off a photo of Shrub, please. Otherwise, the humanitarian ideals embodied by our flag ought to be saluted by everyone, not just Americans (many of whom could also bear to remind themselves what it stands for). I'd like to apply our (original) pledge to the earth: One planet, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
#21 Old 10-08-2003, 03:41 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by epski View Post

Look at how tight the presidential election was. Look at the California election (Schwarzenegger couldn't get over 50% of the vote, even though he won). There is a progressive movement in this country.

the humanitarian ideals embodied by our flag ought to be saluted by everyone, not just Americans (many of whom could also bear to remind themselves what it stands for). I'd like to apply our (original) pledge to the earth: One planet, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Well hello, as far as I can make out Arnie got a clear lead, despite falling a tad short of 50% of the vote, but there were many running for governor were there not.. (not just MR ousted Grey in opposition).

And Arnie (an outsider) as we all know is not technically an American, and this

is what is so fantastic about his achievement about becoming California govenor,

(besides his celebrity status and all that, which is an obvious bonus!)
#22 Old 10-08-2003, 04:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:

Now, who can I get to take a photo of me flipping the bird at a KFC.....?

My mother has agreed to take mine.. though she is questioning my sanity.. again. ; )

Loki, I see what you're saying about KFC, but McFeces makes me particulary angry because of their blatant advertising geared toward children, and the exorbitant amount of environmental devastation they have caused.
#23 Old 10-08-2003, 06:14 PM
Banned

Bush is visiting this country this month..... oh, if only I could get a pic of me flipping him off.
#24 Old 10-09-2003, 06:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by epski View Post

Otherwise, the humanitarian ideals embodied by our flag ought to be saluted by everyone, not just Americans

It may not be Ideals anymore so much as history.

The proof is in the pudding, so they say. (I hate use that, but oh well)
#25 Old 10-09-2003, 06:57 AM
Veggie Regular

It can be a nice idea to an anti-Mc demonstration. Imagine a lot of people going together to Mc you to give them the finger

Next thursday in the international anti-Mc day, so it's a good day for everyone to take this picture, I think Ill ask people to do it at the demonstration here
#26 Old 10-09-2003, 09:44 AM
Banned

I'm not sure where Bush will be landing in Australia, and I believe there'll be actions to suppress any expression of disagreement anyway (gotta love free speech)... so I doubt I'll be getting a pic of me flipping the moron off.

However, I may take a trip to a US Embassy/Consulate and salute the American flag with The Bird. Stay tuned.
#27 Old 10-13-2003, 08:10 PM
Veggie Regular

haha Michael has one now
#28 Old 10-13-2003, 08:21 PM
Administrator

There are about 6 of us from the trip that have one. Slowly but surely they are making their way onto the boards.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#29 Old 10-13-2003, 08:28 PM
Veggie Regular

Yay Ceryna has one..

*dying to see the rest*

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page