VeggieBoards Recall - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 10-06-2003, 10:49 PM
Veggie Regular

For immediate release:

Washington D.C.

October 6, 2003

Encouraged by the momentum the gubernatorial recall campaign in California has gathered during the last few weeks, several members of the well known online vegetarian and vegan community "VeggieBoards" started a similar effort to recall the proprietor of VB, citing insufficient leadership as the reason. The embattled leader, who calls himself "Michael", started VB in 2001.

"Michael has failed as 'benevolent dictator', and we the members are not going to take this any more". stated Oatmeal, one of the initiators of the campaign. "He is benevolent I'll give him that, but he is not dictating anywhere nearly enough. And I know what I am talking about, since I have lived in dictatorship."

If the recall is successful Michael will have to hand over the master password to the VB server, as well as his little black book with the email addresses of VB's female members.

"It's not about hate or love for Michael" said Epinephrine, "because there is no such thing as love and hate. They are all merely chemicals manufactured by our brains and flowing in our bloodstreams. Rationally, the recall is the only logical step as I'm sure everyone will agree".

The statement of SystemDwnGrl was short but effectful: "David Beckham is HOT!". SDG also campaigns for "Proposition 420", that would mandate marijuana use on VB, requiring that the proprietor of VB grows and distributes recreational pot to the members who sign up for it.

mushroom tried to interpret the recall as an effort to end organized religion. "We atheists must stand united against all forms of orthodoxy and sanctification. Michael clearly has a cult status on VB and this always is the first sign of a budding religion. We can't wait until people start to build altars and sacrifice hummus to him. We have to act, and the time to act is now."

kristadb was not available for comment, although she was "still around".

Kurmudgeon, who wore a wedding dress at the recall campaign's kick off event, noted, "In 1987, Michael donated money to research aimed at developing a fish tree. This is inacceptable. I urge anyone who is sympathetic to the vegan movement, to sign the petition and vote YES on the recall."

As of now, Tame appears to be unmoved by the recall ("Hot damn, pass the bottle!"), though this might be a clever tactical move on his part. As several members pointed out, the supporters of the campaign know how important it would be to have Tame on their side, instead of an enemy ("Yeah, he can be vicious" said Oatmeal). It is rumored that the leaders of the recall effort are already in secret negotiations with Tame, trying to ensure his support for their campaign. As part of the bargain, it is said that Tame would retain his status as moderator, and receive a ten year supply of authentic Havana cigars and a subscription to a not further specified adult magazine.

Funkified expressed support for the recall, but wondered about the protein content of the voting ballots. "My Shift-key is broken", she added.

Max Power stated, "much like Karl Popper, on this issue I am an implacable opponent of authoritarianism. I repudiate the classical observationalist-inductivist account of science, and I espouse falsifiability as a criterion of demarcation between science and non-science. We need an Open Society, and this recall is the first step to achieve it. Do you know any hot, available and looking, vegetarian chicks?"

Oneness tried to remind everyone that while the recall would cause turmoil in the lives of the members, on the cosmic scale of things. "It's all about the movement and distribution of the cosmic energy. As the feeling of oneness increases, we get in better touch with our surroundings. I think while it can get ugly, the recall will ultimately be a good thing".

soilman decided to hand in a written statement. At the time this press release was published, he was still furiously editing and extending his letter, which appears to be at least 120 pages strong (not counting the references, which stretched over 17 pages).

Robert was not visible, though his voice was omnipresent all the time, prompting some speculation about him not being human, but a computer program. "I don't like this, but we will ensure that it all goes according to the rules. Anybody who doesn't play by them, will be prosecuted and punished to the fullest extent of the law. And f*** PeTA.", said Robert.

stonecrest expressed concern about the fallibility of the voting machines. "There is simply no foolproof method of voting. There will always be people whose votes are not counted or counted twice or counted the wrong way. I don't know if the vote is a good idea."

Marie, dressed in a tight latex suit, was concerned about Michael's future, should the recall be successful. "I just faxed him a job offer. I want him to be my personal boot licker."

That Alpaca Guy decided to run as replacement candidate once Michael is recalled. His campaign is popular on VB, because he promised to outlaw hunting. "I hate hunting" he noted.

Miss Meg said "Oatmeal told me not to be here, because I distract him too much and he is unable to work when I'm around him. But he cannot tell me what to do and he knows that. I snuck in here in no time", she added proudly and stuck out her tongue.

Michael was not available for comment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Veggie Regular

#3 Old 10-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Beautiful, Oatmeal...

Woohoo a revolt!
#4 Old 10-06-2003, 11:01 PM
Veggie Regular

hahahah That was great... and yes David Beckham is HOT!
#5 Old 10-06-2003, 11:14 PM
Banned

hehehe.. very funny oatmeal
#6 Old 10-06-2003, 11:29 PM
Veggie Regular

Fafa.. I was standing near Fafa as she gave her statement, but due to the large amounts of hummus she was consuming i was unable to make out but two words, Hummus Rules!
#7 Old 10-06-2003, 11:32 PM
Banned

LOL!
#8 Old 10-06-2003, 11:44 PM
Veggie Regular

Majake.. I went to his place of work but couldn't find him for comment. Rumor has it he was last spotted napping in a storeroom.
#9 Old 10-06-2003, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneness View Post

Fafa.. I was standing near Fafa as she gave her statement, but due to the large amounts of hummus she was consuming i was unable to make out but two words, Hummus Rules!

#10 Old 10-07-2003, 12:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatmeal View Post

Do you know any hot, available and looking, vegetarian chicks?

I just laughed my arse off!!!
#11 Old 10-07-2003, 12:39 AM
Veggie Regular

ooh yeah and he knows me btw...
#12 Old 10-07-2003, 12:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Very well done. I can't wait to see if the recall is successful!!
#13 Old 10-07-2003, 12:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Good times. Good times.
#14 Old 10-07-2003, 02:41 AM
Veggie Regular

#15 Old 10-07-2003, 03:28 AM
Veggie Regular

Ok, now THAT was funny
#16 Old 10-07-2003, 06:01 AM
Veggie Regular

#17 Old 10-07-2003, 11:03 AM
Veggie Regular

How dare you, Oatmeal! I will not stand for this insurrection... the last time this sort of thing happened, we were bringing in baked goods for the delectation of Tame. Well, I might stand for this recall if I were on the ballot...

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#18 Old 10-07-2003, 11:05 AM
Veggie Regular

LOL... actually, Oatmeal, great job. I laughed my butt off. Oh, right, I still have my butt so I guess I lied.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#19 Old 10-07-2003, 11:38 AM
Veggie Regular

ahhhhh cute.

... and i thought i had too much time on my hands!!

http://megatarian.blogspot.com
#20 Old 10-07-2003, 12:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Very funny Oatmeal.
#21 Old 10-07-2003, 12:29 PM
Veggie Regular

I have no comment at this time.
#22 Old 10-07-2003, 06:06 PM
Veggie Regular

good job oat!
#23 Old 10-08-2003, 02:16 AM

Very sneaky... very sneaky

I will abstain from voting until there is a fair and balanced debate.
#24 Old 10-08-2003, 07:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Dictator, eh? I like the sound of that . . . . .

Good stuff!
#25 Old 10-08-2003, 10:09 AM
Veggie Regular

hee hee! That was AWESOME!

I'll drink to that!....hell, I'll drink to anything!
#26 Old 10-08-2003, 10:17 AM
Veggie Regular

No one dare ask 808veggie for her comment as she is well known to be in the high ranks of veggie monarchy! Bow down before me! I will become your new leader! All Hail Queen 808veggie!
#27 Old 10-08-2003, 11:47 AM

It's a classic, Oatmeal!
#28 Old 10-08-2003, 06:08 PM
Veggie Regular

Very nicely done, good sir!
#29 Old 10-09-2003, 06:03 AM
Veggie Regular

We should all really do this and see what happens.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page