Bless This Bottled Water: Holy Water, the latest beverage trend - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Holy Drinking Water, produced by a California-based company called Wayne Enterprises, is blessed in the warehouse by an Anglican or Roman Catholic priest (after a thorough background check). Like a crucifix or a rosary, a bottle of Holy Drinking Water is a daily reminder to be kind to others, says Brian Germann, Wayne's CEO. Another company makes Liquid OM, superpurified bottled water containing vibrations that promote a positive outlook.

[...]

The most recent entry in this niche is Spiritual Water. It's purified municipal water, sold with 10 different Christian labels.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/74380/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Veggie Regular

A sucker is born every minute...

Happiness is not the result of a mathematical equation comparing the good times and bad times someone has had. It is a state of mind.
-nomad888
#3 Old 12-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Veggie Regular

#4 Old 12-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Veggie Regular

<- Speechless.
#5 Old 12-12-2007, 12:08 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm gonna apply online to become an ordained minister, buy a bunch of bottled water and replace the label with my own.
#6 Old 12-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Another company makes Liquid OM, superpurified bottled water containing vibrations that promote a positive outlook.

"Im pickin up good vibrations

Shes giving me excitations

Im pickin up good vibrations

(oom bop bop good vibrations)

(oom bop bop excitations)

Good good good good vibrations

(oom bop bop)

(oom bop bop excitations)

Good good good good vibrations

(oom bop bop)

(oom bop bop excitations)"

"and I stand

upon a mountain

made of weak and useless men"

#7 Old 12-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post

I'm gonna apply online to become an ordained minister, buy a bunch of bottled water and replace the label with my own.

I already am an ordained minister, which I attained by applying online. WonderRandy is also.
#8 Old 12-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm going to get some. You never know when you'll need to protect yourself against a vampire.
#9 Old 12-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Veggie Regular

That reminds me of when I was little, I'd take a nip of "holy water" [received from the priest every year at the Epiphany liturgy] every night before bed.

Greek kids are so weird.

"you know, nowhere in the bible does it say that jesus was not a raptor"

www.animal-adoptions.org

#10 Old 12-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

That reminds me of when I was little, I'd take a nip of "holy water" [received from the priest every year at the Epiphany liturgy] every night before bed.

Greek kids are so weird.

I always thought it was strange when people would take it home. The older people at our church would fill baggies with blessed bread and take back cups of water. I honestly never ever thought of drinking it. I thought it was just to splash on things that you wanted blessed (like your house or body or food). Drinking it just seems... sacrilegious? That could be because our Sunday School teachers consistently read us Bible stories instead of actually teaching us theology and the meaning of our rituals, though.

I wholeheartedly agree with Marie, though. Holy water is much less offensive (to bystanders) than carrying around cloves of garlic.
#11 Old 12-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

Greek kids are so weird.

My grandmother used to always keep a small bottle (20 mL or so) of "holy water" with her. She didn't drink it, though, only dipped her finger in it and made the sign of the cross. She was Italian, btw.
#12 Old 12-12-2007, 08:13 PM
Veggie Regular

If we're comparing nationalities, the people I was talking about are Romanian.

And yes, that's what you do with holy water! You make the sign of the cross with it. And then shake it on things while making the sign of the cross.

You know, one of my friends happened to be over while the priest blessed our house one time, and she was kind of freaked out. At the time, I didn't see what was so weird about it. Looking back...
#13 Old 12-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

I already am an ordained minister, which I attained by applying online. WonderRandy is also.

I checked that web site out Brandon , and found the austerity's , rites and rituals were just to disciplined for me . I look up to you both for guidance .

Maybe I need some (gallons) "bleesed Brandon Holy water"
#14 Old 12-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Banned

BTW I do think That energy can be transfered to objects , food ,water with the sincerity and good intent of the person handling them .
#15 Old 12-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Yeeeaah.....I gotta get me some of that holy H20
#16 Old 12-13-2007, 07:00 AM

^^ get the full set while ya there
#17 Old 12-15-2007, 02:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Bottled Holy Water-For the monster-hunter on the go!
#18 Old 12-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesand View Post

I checked that web site out Brandon , and found the austerity's , rites and rituals were just to disciplined for me . I look up to you both for guidance .

Maybe I need some (gallons) "bleesed Brandon Holy water"

What austerities??????

the ULC is probably the most slack "church" one could ever hope to find...

www.themonastery.org

Nec Aspera Terrent
#19 Old 12-15-2007, 05:10 PM
Veggie Regular

ULC = Over 20 million ministers ordained since 1959, blimey busy buggers arn't they.
#20 Old 12-19-2007, 05:00 AM
Veggie Regular

No offense to religious folks, but buying holy water to drink is ridiculous and stupid. Also, why the hell would a company think that would be a successful market.
#21 Old 12-19-2007, 09:38 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Vegan View Post

No offense to religious folks, but buying holy water to drink is ridiculous and stupid. Also, why the hell would a company think that would be a successful market.

1 billion catholics worldwide. got some priests that can't be trusted around children, so they can spare their time. the idea seems natural after you look at the market for motive candles with flashy images of mexican patron saints, just put the same label on a bottle and you got it. There might be a real catholic-mexican kitsch trend emerging really.

i just wish they could bless some Fiji water because everything else, even holy water is ****.

* This post may contain pork, beef and fingers of undocumented workers. This post was manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts.
#22 Old 12-19-2007, 08:25 PM
Veggie Regular

. . . simony?
#23 Old 12-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Veggie Regular

oh, and:

......................................__.......... ......................................

.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,.................................. ........

.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................

..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................

...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\\.................................

.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\\........................... .....

..............\\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................

...............\\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................

................\\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\\..*`*;..)..........................

.................\\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................

..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\\..................

................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\\.................

................|.../.../.../.*`...\\...........................)....)¯`~,.... ..............

................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............

..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,

...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\\........

................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\\........

...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\\.......

......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\\........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page